Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Friendly Invatation to all!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2008, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SME
wow juicy *** thread, wish I was up there to see all this nice cars race
Thanks... I wish I could post up some of the street competition vids, but mods don't allow.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 02:38 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by 4kinboost
My car is 3462lbs with me in it. I'm glad Manny's math is as good as his spelling. The point of all of this was an event between 2 friends. It got ugly within last few posts cuz some ***** decided to take it there.

I'm sure if I check the call logs on the cellphones these guys are just chatting it up.

The situation will be rectified today.

Anybody else have tough talk for me?
Yes, I do. This is not the place to fight your e-battles. Tone it down please or take them elsewhere. Thanks.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Speedlimit
Yes, I do. This is not the place to fight your e-battles. Tone it down please or take them elsewhere. Thanks.
As per my previous post, point taken.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 4kinboost
Thanks... I wish I could post up some of the street competition vids, but mods don't allow.
That's just 60lbs more than myself, and the only thing I take out are the rear cushions - less than 20lbs total maybe? Usually, lots of aftermarket mods end up making the car much lighter. Your weight is pretty high, but not abnormal.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
Well if it matters my car is 3510 with out me and im 190.
Not so sure I believe this one. You're saying your Evo weighs over 200lbs heavier than it did when stock despite all the mods you have that are lighter than stock? I would have a hard time believing your Evo is even 3510 _with_ you. Where did you weigh it?
Old Jul 3, 2008, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Not so sure I believe this one. You're saying your Evo weighs over 200lbs heavier than it did when stock despite all the mods you have that are lighter than stock? I would have a hard time believing your Evo is even 3510 _with_ you. Where did you weigh it?
Remember I have a cage in my car, 1 10' sub, 2 amps, 1 tool box , 1 1/4 SK tools driver set , 1 3/8 SK tools driver set I run with 1/2 tank and better for some stupid reason

Ohh yes my heavy lap top 19' alienware which people that seen me , seen my huge computer.

I don't have alot of crazy weight reduction on my car I still have all crash beams on all sides.

Weigh at Mr.Mcar in Jersey by Don Fields.

Last edited by Sharkbite2000; Jul 3, 2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

You leave all your tools in the car when racing? Come on now. We're talking race weight here. It would be less than foolish to build a car with this much money in it and then leave all that crap in the car when racing it.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i left my tools and laptop in my car when i went 11.2. it adds style. and its all about them style points.

plus i ant leaving my **** laying on the ground while i go make a pass. i run 11s that **** be gone in 9s
Old Jul 3, 2008, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

You leave all your tools in the car when racing? Come on now. We're talking race weight here. It would be less than foolish to build a car with this much money in it and then leave all that crap in the car when racing it.
I wanna run the way you see me everyday in the street with my tools and all my junk, once I see I come down the most possible then ill take out my tools and all my junk and see what she does.

Just wanna run the way I'm on the street that's all.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
i left my tools and laptop in my car when i went 11.2. it adds style. and its all about them style points.

plus i ant leaving my **** laying on the ground while i go make a pass. i run 11s that **** be gone in 9s
+1 Someone feels me
Old Jul 3, 2008, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sharkbite2000
I wanna run the way you see me everyday in the street with my tools and all my junk, once I see I come down the most possible then ill take out my tools and all my junk and see what she does.

Just wanna run the way I'm on the street that's all.
Why would you drive around daily with tons of tools. That's crazy. I don't know what would motivate you to spend tens of thousands of dollars on power mods then worry about running at the track the same way you do on the street instead of optimizing your setup. I mean...you can't race for real on the street anyway, so there's no point. You can do what you want, but that is extremely foolish.

Dan, you're a crazy man, too. I have been to the track over a hundred times, and I empty my car each time. I always bring tools, extra fuel, and my laptop backpack. The laptop stays in the front seat, and the rest comes out. Nobody touches it the whole 5-6 hours, then I load it up and go home. Maybe you race with shady people or something. Running with tools in your car is both dangerous and counterproductive - think about it, guys.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

LOL at this thread...

Even Ivey stopped by...bows his head ...

My car and Sharkbite for the heaviest car contest...tonight meet me at the scale!!! LOL!!!
Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Why would you drive around daily with tons of tools. That's crazy. I don't know what would motivate you to spend tens of thousands of dollars on power mods then worry about running at the track the same way you do on the street instead of optimizing your setup. I mean...you can't race for real on the street anyway, so there's no point. You can do what you want, but that is extremely foolish.

Dan, you're a crazy man, too. I have been to the track over a hundred times, and I empty my car each time. I always bring tools, extra fuel, and my laptop backpack. The laptop stays in the front seat, and the rest comes out. Nobody touches it the whole 5-6 hours, then I load it up and go home. Maybe you race with shady people or something. Running with tools in your car is both dangerous and counterproductive - think about it, guys.
Out here in the east I dare you to leave your stuff
See if it's there when you come back from the line.

My tools ,I can't count the times my tools saved me from being towed when something stupid comes loose and you dont have any tools for a simple problem driving around with 700awhp 44psi is just not that realiable I dont care what anyone say's.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

That's just 60lbs more than myself, and the only thing I take out are the rear cushions - less than 20lbs total maybe? Usually, lots of aftermarket mods end up making the car much lighter. Your weight is pretty high, but not abnormal.

I weigh my car at e-town every time I make the trip to race it. I always want to know the true hp to the ground with the weight factored in with the mph calculation. It helps me make adjustments to the tune at the track.

+1 for carrying tools around with me everyday.

My trunk gets emptied and the laptop goes on the passenger seat. All the bumper supports and crash beams are still in place. Ac, pw,pdl and sunroof still in place.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Sharkbite.

My last pass was around 8:15pm. You made your first pass right after me and Ricky called me and said it was in the 11's (I thought I remember him saying 11.8's but I could be wrong--there was alot going on.)

I rolled my car back to the pits. That's where you met us for a few. Ricky, my wife, and I decided to stay to cheer you on. When you went back to the staging lanes we went back into the stands to watch the pass.

This is the pass that we saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYg8uWIXAQk

I hope you can understand why there was a little doubt. Nothing personal. Again, I'm glad we squashed it.

If you ran 10.9 on another run so be-it.

Quick Reply: Friendly Invatation to all!!