Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Well, I "backed" up my numbers, and I broke 12's...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2008, 12:37 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate to say it but Warr is definately right!!! He's very good at breaking down those time slips and I agree that it can't be stock, who knows maybe something is up with the track equipment.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Congrats.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Import Junky
I hate to say it but Warr is definately right!!! He's very good at breaking down those time slips and I agree that it can't be stock, who knows maybe something is up with the track equipment.
Its statements like these that make the m******* in me want to come out. My car revs to 7600 rpm and the 2 step only goes to 5k like a stock car, those are BIG hints my car is not tuned. Stop blaming the car off the bat. Look at the left lane trap speed and tell me that its not possible the timing equipment might not be a bit off first.

Codgi, I will be IMing you because I, for one, am hoping to GOD that you can tell me my ECU is stock, then I want to go to another track and hopefully pull these same numbers.

No disrespect to Warr or any other guys on here, but you act like I'm trying to pull a fast one AND that it is just down right impossible for a stock Evo to do something like this. I'm brand new to drag strips, doesn't mean I've never launched a car before. ****, the Evo is one of the lower power cars I have driven. Maybe it is me, I can shift pretty damn fast/hard, and I have no problem beating the hell out of my car because if I break it, oh effing well.

My rant is over, but my point isn't, stop blaming the car, I have a HUGE feeling its stock. It looks it, it feels it, it acts it. I know cars pretty well, I can't explain it, but I swear this car is stock and it pisses me off that so many people wanna voice their .02 saying "no way man, that car isn't stock" like I'm lying. Come to the track and watch me do it.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

^^don't worry about so much. Just chill.

You probably just have a good factory freak car, combined with really good shifting.
I mean just because everyone can't do it, doesn't make it impossible.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, you're not being rational anymore. Read what I wrote and let it sink in.

1) This has nothing to do with driving ability. You talk about how you know how to launch, but your 60's are terrible - a 1.90 60' doesn't even count as a launch. That's a good launch for a RWD car on street tires. It doesn't matter how fast you shift - you can't overcome a terrible 60'. You may in fact be a great driver, but right now, the 60's mean you haven't learned to launch the car yet. Don't worry, I couldn't launch from the 5k limiter either, so I just disconnected the switch back when we didn't even know it was possible to set the limiter higher.

2) Your trap speeds are higher than any other recorded or known USDM Evo even though you don't have the lightest version available.

3) You can't "feel" that a car is stock - that makes no sense.

4) Stock rev limiter and launch limiter don't mean it's not tuned. Even if it's not "tuned," that doesn't mean there isn't something else done that is making it go faster...like a boost restrictor pill being removed or something.

5) We're being very civil about this. No one is saying you are trying to pull a fast one. I've been nice the whole time, but facts are facts. Read my analysis and think more rationally about this.

Bottom line is this. If you know drag racing, then you know how 60's affect the entire run. If you know that, then you know that if you were to pull a normal Evo 60' (~1.75), then not only would that drop .15 from your 12.88, but it would likely come close to DOUBLING the gains down to a low 12.6 or high 12.5. Now, do you really think stock Evos are capable of that? Running 12.5-12.6 is decent even for a modded Evo - many people don't hit that with BETTER 60's than yours...

Last edited by Warrtalon; Jul 6, 2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by vial8or
^^don't worry about so much. Just chill.

You probably just have a good factory freak car, combined with really good shifting.
I mean just because everyone can't do it, doesn't make it impossible.
That doesn't make sense either. Just because "everyone can't do it"? Uh, this is a 1.9 60' - that is awful for an Evo. You don't get incredible times with horrid 60's. The only reason it was a 12.88 was due to it somehow being able to trap 108+. The ET is in spite of driving, not because of it.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

alright, well let me put this simply. i ran what i ran, don't say something is wrong if its not me but rather the car may have some sort of simple mod and thats it. i have a ****ty 60 and a high trap, okay, but would it make sense if say i had a tune and the pill restrictor, what ever that is, was removed and i was getting these times? from the way you say it those mods alone wouldn't allow me to achive what i have.

honestly, im done with this whole debate. i am trying to enjoy my car without dumping a **** load of money into it like my last cars. i broke 12's according to that track, so I am very happy. maybe when i start improving my launches and what not i can go even faster. then maybe once I start modding the car LIGHTLY i may go even faster, if not, oh well.

i'm happy where i am, the slips show what i did, plan and simple. the car may or may not be stock. i contacted codgi, lets see if he gets back to me and i will have him look at my car. he obviously knows more about evos than i do.

until then i think im done writing in here
Old Jul 6, 2008, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DocCola
alright, well let me put this simply. i ran what i ran, don't say something is wrong if its not me but rather the car may have some sort of simple mod and thats it. i have a ****ty 60 and a high trap, okay, but would it make sense if say i had a tune and the pill restrictor, what ever that is, was removed and i was getting these times? from the way you say it those mods alone wouldn't allow me to achive what i have.

honestly, im done with this whole debate. i am trying to enjoy my car without dumping a **** load of money into it like my last cars. i broke 12's according to that track, so I am very happy. maybe when i start improving my launches and what not i can go even faster. then maybe once I start modding the car LIGHTLY i may go even faster, if not, oh well.

i'm happy where i am, the slips show what i did, plan and simple. the car may or may not be stock. i contacted codgi, lets see if he gets back to me and i will have him look at my car. he obviously knows more about evos than i do.

until then i think im done writing in here
Don't let them get to you.....

You've posted your time slips TWICE, on different occasions. If they don't want to believe it, have them take it up with the track, not you. Your just posting the facts.

It amazes me that people on here can not congratulate someone for a good time slip, even if the TRACK may have their **** wrong. Its like everyone automatically says "HEY, This guy is trying to pull a fast one on us". Seriously, grow up. I'm sure he has better things to do than to pull a "fast one" on an ONLINE FORUM with his stock evo.

I'll congratulate you even if the time-slip is wrong, its not your fault. And even if it is wrong, thats a damn good time. Go to another track sometime so you can show these unbelievers whats up.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Um, ok. Not sure why you're upset. No one is saying you didn't run a 12.88. No one is saying you didn't do a good job. We're only saying we don't think that Evo is 100% stock.

Yes, with a tune, you could trap that high and run 12.5-12.6s in a IX - they are beasts.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mx4life85
Don't let them get to you.....

You've posted your time slips TWICE, on different occasions. If they don't want to believe it, have them take it up with the track, not you. Your just posting the facts.

It amazes me that people on here can not congratulate someone for a good time slip, even if the TRACK may have their **** wrong. Its like everyone automatically says "HEY, This guy is trying to pull a fast one on us". Seriously, grow up. I'm sure he has better things to do than to pull a "fast one" on an ONLINE FORUM with his stock evo.

I'll congratulate you even if the time-slip is wrong, its not your fault. And even if it is wrong, thats a damn good time. Go to another track sometime so you can show these unbelievers whats up.
Whoa, what's this all about? Did you even read this thread or his previous thread? Apparently not if you think people are saying he's lying. He bought the car used. He thinks it's stock. The results say otherwise. That's all - nothing more. Good Lord, what is up with the huge overreaction?

I fully believe the ETs. I just don't believe it's 100% stock. Please read all of our comments again and think twice next time before flying off the cuff for no reason.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Whoa, what's this all about? Did you even read this thread or his previous thread? Apparently not if you think people are saying he's lying. He bought the car used. He thinks it's stock. The results say otherwise. That's all - nothing more. Good Lord, what is up with the huge overreaction?

I fully believe the ETs. I just don't believe it's 100% stock. Please read all of our comments again and think twice next time before flying off the cuff for no reason.
I've read both the threads, and even though no one has accused him of lying, everyone is saying that "there is no way this evo is stock". So this couldn't be some sort of a freak evo? I'm just saying it may be possible...
Old Jul 6, 2008, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mx4life85
I've read both the threads, and even though no one has accused him of lying, everyone is saying that "there is no way this evo is stock". So this couldn't be some sort of a freak evo? I'm just saying it may be possible...
Sure, if you think 12.5-12.6s are possible on a stock Evo MR with a 1.7x 60'. Anything is possible, but no one has even been CLOSE to this except an RS or two, and the driving displayed in these timeslips leaves much to be desired. I mean, if he were 12.88 while cutting 1.65 60's on the stock clutch with no mods, then huge congratulations would be in order. Hitting 12.88 with a 1.9 60' just shows the car is unbelievably fast - as fast as a stg1 03-05 (tbe, mbc, bov, intake, tune, fuel pump).

It makes much more sense that the car was tampered with by the previous owner than for it to be record-breakingly fast on 92oct...
Old Jul 6, 2008, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Sure, if you think 12.5-12.6s are possible on a stock Evo MR with a 1.7x 60'. Anything is possible, but no one has even been CLOSE to this except an RS or two, and the driving displayed in these timeslips leaves much to be desired. I mean, if he were 12.88 while cutting 1.65 60's on the stock clutch with no mods, then huge congratulations would be in order. Hitting 12.88 with a 1.9 60' just shows the car is unbelievably fast - as fast as a stg1 03-05 (tbe, mbc, bov, intake, tune, fuel pump).

It makes much more sense that the car was tampered with by the previous owner than for it to be record-breakingly fast on 92oct...
True, but honestly, even with a tune, could he still make these numbers? I would still think it would be damn hard.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
When I traded in my 2005 Evo 8 I made it as stock visibly as I could... however... I played with the Boost restricter pills so that now it runs 21 PSI and fades to 20 PSI at redline and the MAS screw is backed out all the way to lean it out 6-8% range. I verified the boost levels and that it wasn't knocking before driving it to the dealership as they let me have both cars for a few days while I returned it to stock. I left the MAS screw backed out since I was running it another 5-7% leaner via the Super AFC2 that I removed and these cars run rich from the factory.

This was the leather sunroof heavier model btw and when I first got the car I ran 13.0 @ 105 at the dragstrip with like 1.8 short times. I bet the way I gave it to them it could have easily run 12.6-12.7 @ 108-109 or basically 3-4 tenths and 3-4 MPH faster. It really did haul *** for a "stock" Evo 8 so never assume someone didn't work their magic on it. It just seemed that my Evo 8 was on the really strong side for power delivery compared to average, and the only weight removal at the time was the spare tire and tools.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Great example, HiBoost. The 105 traps for an SSL were definitely on the very high side, but not unheard of. Also notice how a 105 trap gets 13.0 on a 1.8, which is very normal. 105 with a 1.9 doesn't get 12.8s, which is why I said the 108+ traps are actually correct for this car.

MX4life, plenty of people don't go this fast (trap, not ET) even with just a tune, but it definitely could make that kind of power with just a tune. IXs are just ridiculous.

Quick Reply: Well, I "backed" up my numbers, and I broke 12's...