Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Well, I "backed" up my numbers, and I broke 12's...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2008, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So you think if he just has a boost pill or w/e but no tune, he could still make this? If that were the case, what would he do with an exhaust, and then a MBC or EBC?
Old Jul 6, 2008, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With the restrictor pill removed, it would be running a few more psi. With an MBC, he wouldn't gain much but he'd have far more control over his boost levels. A catless TBE will give 25-30whp regardless.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha. I can't believe the arguement. There is no way this car is stock. End of story. I agree with War. Lol. If this guy was a good enough driver he could pull mid 12's all day long.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jeeperjunior
Haha. I can't believe the arguement. There is no way this car is stock. End of story. I agree with War. Lol. If this guy was a good enough driver he could pull mid 12's all day long.

You should think before you speak. Look at the time slips. The track obviously has something wrong somewhere with its timeing equipment because in the left lane i am consistantly pulling 107, 108 and even 109 mph traps, yet in the right lane i can run similar or better times and not as high in the trap. Hmm, thats a big ****ing clue to me that it might JUST be the track NOT my car.

But you know what, I don't care if you guys think my car is stock or think that I'm full of **** or what ever else. My buddy James and I are going to a DIFFERNT track this weekend and we're gonna see what happens there. I am also hoping to have someone look at the ECU or whatever sometime soon. We will see.

And just so you know, I am a damn good driver, I've launched the car VERY easily the first 2 times I went to the track. I never had any reason not to launch the car carefully. Lets see what happens this weekend.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Not sure what you mean by "never had any reason not to launch the car carefully." You were drag racing and trying to get your best time - what other reason is there to launch it hard?
Old Jul 7, 2008, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

meaning i wasn't expecting some amazing time, therefore i wasn't trying to get one
Old Jul 7, 2008, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Doc, don't get so uptight about we will get to the bottom of it one way or the next. Sent you a PM. If that fails through then I will send you another .
Old Jul 7, 2008, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

grats man
Old Jul 8, 2008, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

thank you for the PM codgi, i got Billy's as well and shall call him this afternoon to get to the bottom of the mystery
Old Jul 8, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

here in houston most people go to HRP. Houston Raceway park out in baytown. good track prep and a true 1/4 mile. however there is another track in sealy called lonestar which everyone and their mom know it was originally an 1/8th track and then lengthened to be a 1/4 mile track. however it wasnt lengthened enough. people run better times at lonestar than baytown beause it's a shorter track. it's also slightly downhill. that may be helping out with the et. the trap speed is beyond me. bad sensors or maintenance. and yeah your 60's suck. a 1.9 is decent on a very generous level. personally i consistantly doi 1.73~1.75 when i go on street tires. 1.80~1.85 is more your avg joe/decent.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mx4life85
I've read both the threads, and even though no one has accused him of lying, everyone is saying that "there is no way this evo is stock". So this couldn't be some sort of a freak evo? I'm just saying it may be possible...
I wouldn't consider a "freak evo" from the factory, stock.

If the factory some how messes up, resulting with a 25psi factory evo, would it be fair for the owner to walk around calling the car stock? Same thing with timing etc...

A "stock evo" is one set to factory specifications, and just because nothing has changed since it left the factory, doesn't mean it's set to factory specifications.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Carloverx
I wouldn't consider a "freak evo" from the factory, stock.

If the factory some how messes up, resulting with a 25psi factory evo, would it be fair for the owner to walk around calling the car stock? Same thing with timing etc...

A "stock evo" is one set to factory specifications, and just because nothing has changed since it left the factory, doesn't mean it's set to factory specifications.
This is true, a buddy of mine has a 05 rs that was completely stock from the first day he bought it new, off the show room. I had to explain and show him how to take off the clips for the undertray and how to remove the IC piping and IC when I sold him my old perrin. He doesn't work on his car unless I am with him. The first time I went for a ride with him I watched his factory boost gauge, it was hitting 1.6 bar. I asked if he had a boost controller or anything and he didn't. A stock Evo runs about 1.3 bar, at least my 03 did, which is 19.11psi, 1.6 is roughly 23.5 psi. So his STOCK evo was tampered with by a tech at Mitsubishi when his clutch went out after only 5 days of having it and 630 miles. He told me about this after I asked him. We did some logs and it was knocking up to 4 counts and it had been like that for 3 years. I tuned it based on my tune and now it runs fine. He was beating a lot of Evo's at the track and I couldn't explain why.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

maybe thats whats going on with my car, I don't watch my boost guage that close but I've been told by passangers that it peaks all the way, though I'm not sure. I like to keep my eyes on the road, but I'm going to see what it does today, I know a nice long open road where I can put "one" eye on the boost guauge to see what happens...
Old Jul 8, 2008, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Stock boost gauge goes up to 1.5 bar, which is 21.75psi. Stock boost peak (max spike) is 20.3psi on 05-06s, which is 1.4 bar.
Old Jul 9, 2008, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by DocCola
thank you for the PM codgi, i got Billy's as well and shall call him this afternoon to get to the bottom of the mystery
Thanks. The results are in. Doc you can share them....

Quick Reply: Well, I "backed" up my numbers, and I broke 12's...