Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Well, I "backed" up my numbers, and I broke 12's...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2008, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I "backed" up my numbers, and I broke 12's...

So, went back to the strip tonight to back up my numbers. First off, let me say that I am glad I did NOT try to be a hard *** about my trap speed, I didn't care about it then, it didn't really mean much, but I can tell you now, I was right about my car being totally stock and whomever it was that thought it was the lane was right. I got 5 passes in tonight, the first 2 were okay, the 3rd was awesome, 4th was embarrassing and the 5th was the best.

So onto the slips and stories.

First pass: First off, my first two R/Ts and 60's SUCKED, why I'm not sure, think I was just a bit nervous. But the time's where still in the 13's which I was happy about. You will notice that the first pass in the left lane I yet again pulled a high trap of 107, so since I did that I decided for the 2nd pass to use the right lane. But heres the slip:

On the second pass I went for the right. Again, R/T and 60 sucked. My 1/8th here also sucked because I missed 3rd, really, reaaaaly badly. But I still got a 13, so I wasn't to upset. But as you notice the trap was 101, but no really consistent since I missed 3rd. Here is the slip:

3rd pass was, to say the least, awesome. I got an AWESOME R/T and a great 60 and broke 12's, but the 109 trap was the big clue that there was something up with the left lane. Here's the slip:

4th pass. God, how embarrassing. I don't really know how it happened, but I messed up my stage. How you ask, simple and stupid, I was set to go and as I was setting myself I basically lifted off my clutch a bit to far and rolled through the line giving myself a red light, or false start. Then the guy next to me noticed the lights went straight to green and he booted. I was pissed and said screw it, built some boost on the two step while he was already past the 330 and went for it. The 109.13 trap is another testimate that there is probably something up with that left lane. Heres the wonderful slip:

Last pass of the night was the best. I raced a nice Supra too. Nothing special behind it, I just staged well and got off the line pretty well. Got my best slip of the night, check it out:

All in all I am very happy and VERY hooked. I got in car videos of all the races and my wife got 3 videos of the last 3 races from the stands. All in all they came out good and I'm thinking about up loading them somewhere, probably my myspace just because I don't want them all over youtube. If you want to see, let me know I'll put in a link to my page.

Thanks for reading, feel free to leave comments. Been a long day, I'm tired, good night!
Old Jul 2, 2008, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Something is still wrong. You can't do a 12.8 @ 105 on such a weak 60'. This tells me you are trapping very high, but I'm not convinced it's stock. Nothing has ever trapped nearly that high. It's not just the lane either, because your splits are the same on the left and right, but the traps are way different. The 109 makes much more sense for those times and 60' than the 105. To do a 12.88 @ 105, it would require a 1.6 60', and you are WAYYY off from that.

This all points back to you trapping 107-108, which indicates something other than stock. Have you checked the ECU yet? It could have nothing but a tune, and it could be this fast.

Here's the thing...if you were even getting somewhat decent 60's, you'd be doing low 12.7s and maybe even high 12.6s. Your 12.88 is basically on a 1.90 60', which is terrible. A 1.75 would drop you down to the range of 12.58-12.66, and a 1.75 isn't even that good. You can see why this makes it hard to believe it's 100% stock.

Last edited by Warrtalon; Jul 2, 2008 at 10:32 PM.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
hmm i hate to say it but once might just be a fluke or a gift from the gods but i think someone at least gave it some kind of flash tune for the stock map and stock parts, i know they run pig rich from the factory so even if you lean it out a lil it will run crazy different. we need to find someone local to check out your map and see what it looks like
Old Jul 2, 2008, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
Billy can pull the map if this gent is willing...contact Inneedof...he can forward to me or Luke to look at if it needs done...Or Codgi is up there too.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

JB, do you agree with my assessment? I'm not saying it's impossible, but it would be the fastest stock USDM Evo ever as far as I'm concerned...even rivaling the fastest of the fast JDM Evos.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 12:44 AM
Evolved Member

Before I got cams and ported all my stuff, I was running 12.6@108 w/ 1.8 60' times. Granted they were mid to lower 1.8 60', but those runs seem about on par with these 60', mph, and et times. I really believe his car should be trapping 106 or 107 with all the other info provided. Just my input.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

I'll let someone look at the ECU, no prob. I want to get this figured out to. Let me know a date and time....gotta head to work, sorry to keep it short.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

The times are great, but I agree with Warr, with a completely stock EVO and those weak 60' times, running 12.88 is darn close to impossible if not totally impossible.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 04:19 AM
Evolved Member

you keep saying your r/t is bad, like it matters. it doesnt matter, doesnt count against your time.

you must have done lots of weight reduction if your still stock powerwise.

let me know next time you go, maybe ill meet you there, help you get your 60's down better.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 04:34 AM
Evolving Member

yea i agree with warr.... seems a little ehhhh.lets get the map checked out.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Billy can pull the map if this gent is willing...contact Inneedof...he can forward to me or Luke to look at if it needs done...Or Codgi is up there too.
Yes. I can take a look. Initially from his sig I said "God given talent" but the R/Ts and 60 foots don't add up unless that ECU has been flashed....
Old Jul 4, 2008, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

what from my sig made you think God given talent? just curious.

anyway, if you wouldn't mind looking at my ecu and you have some free time between now and monday, i would love to meet up. get this all cleared up because i want to know if i have been flashed or not.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

The 12.888 @ 105.65 on 92 with a stock Evo would lead anyone to believe you're one of the best drivers in the Evo world, because that would require a 1.6x 60' and great shifting with absolutely zero mods, and you didn't put your actual 60' in your sig. Once people see the timeslip, it sheds a much different light on the situation.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by DocCola
what from my sig made you think God given talent? just curious.

anyway, if you wouldn't mind looking at my ecu and you have some free time between now and monday, i would love to meet up. get this all cleared up because i want to know if i have been flashed or not.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
What warr said...i.e "You have the skills to drive the hell out of it" . I wish I had seen this earlier, but I just now got back on. Send me a PM or something and I will see what I can do but today/Monday are definitely out.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Something is still wrong. You can't do a 12.8 @ 105 on such a weak 60'. This tells me you are trapping very high, but I'm not convinced it's stock. Nothing has ever trapped nearly that high. It's not just the lane either, because your splits are the same on the left and right, but the traps are way different. The 109 makes much more sense for those times and 60' than the 105. To do a 12.88 @ 105, it would require a 1.6 60', and you are WAYYY off from that.

This all points back to you trapping 107-108, which indicates something other than stock. Have you checked the ECU yet? It could have nothing but a tune, and it could be this fast.

Here's the thing...if you were even getting somewhat decent 60's, you'd be doing low 12.7s and maybe even high 12.6s. Your 12.88 is basically on a 1.90 60', which is terrible. A 1.75 would drop you down to the range of 12.58-12.66, and a 1.75 isn't even that good. You can see why this makes it hard to believe it's 100% stock.
with those 60 ft times? no way man..agreed^^^

Quick Reply: Well, I "backed" up my numbers, and I broke 12's...