Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

How do you launch your evo?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2008, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
all evos have the 2 step, but on the early models (03-04) the 2 step is set so high in the ecu is basically shut off. with a simple reflash it can be set where ever you want.

with the e brake idea do you still use 2 step and just drop the e brake when the light goes green
Old Jul 19, 2008, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by raiceboi697
all evos have the 2 step, but on the early models (03-04) the 2 step is set so high in the ecu is basically shut off. with a simple reflash it can be set where ever you want.

with the e brake idea do you still use 2 step and just drop the e brake when the light goes green
YOU STILL USE THE 2 STEP...

STEP 1. STAGE YOUR CAR
STEP 2. FLOOR THE CLUTCH AND REV TO THE 2 STEP
STEP 3. PULL UP THE EBAKE AND HOLD
STEP 4. START SLIPPIN THE CUCTH AND YOU FEEL THE CAR TUG
(YOUR DRIVETRAIN IS NOW READY)
HOLD THAT EBRAKE UNTILL YOUR READY TO LAUNCH, YOU WILL PROBLY BUILD UP A BUNCH OF BOOST. DUMP THE EBRAKE LET OFF THE CLUCH AND HOLD ON!!!!

GOOD LUCK
Old Jul 19, 2008, 07:15 PM
fre
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The e brake method is probably the best, but unless I get a hydraulic brake that isn't going to happen because I always end up rolling through it. The next best thing is to just slip your clutch enough to load your driveline and once you feel the car start to roll let the clutch out the rest of the way while modulating the throttle.

I am only getting 1.7 60's out of this method, so it certainly isn't the best, but I think it will help my driveline live a little longer.

As far as two step rpm goes, this depends on the turbo you are running. I have mine set for 6500 rpm on a 35r. Any lower and I will bog, any higher and I will spin too much.