Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

took the drag car to BOTI Vegas yesterday

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2008, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck Danimal.

Scorke
Old Jul 13, 2008, 01:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Dan on getting back out there!! Youll get it dialed in soon enough.. Also, tell jake i said congrats!! The guy is a hardcore racer as well.. Nothing like running an 8.0 car in FWD and getting the win in an AWD car.. LOL
Old Jul 13, 2008, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
thanks Mike, I have been learning a lot wrenching on my own car, its not easy being a one man team, but you get to know the car more. I'm hitting the chassis shop again, and getting a new rear diff and hit the track again
Old Jul 13, 2008, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

awesome run....
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Looking good Dan!

-Em
Old Jul 13, 2008, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

Dan it was great seeing you, Erica and the little one again, your car is slowly progressing! Every time you run it, it gets better and we figure more issues out with it. The numbers will come in time man! I have faith!

Thanks for posting that vid of my FWD madness! haha!! I was laughing so hard in Semi finals on the return road, I couldn't believe I was going to the finals in FWD form. I gotta say though, being in FWD form for those 2 passes and doing the burnouts was the most fun I ever had in that car ha! I'm kinda reconsidering doing something different with it now
Also thank you so much for letting me use your slicks, and sorry about the big *** burnout on them, it's been so long since I've done one so I got carried away ha!! It was kinda cool though
Old Jul 13, 2008, 11:46 PM
Evolving Member

Oh Dan, Post that 1st FWD form run I did with the big *** burnout! haha.

Here is the video we got, Dan has a better shot of the big smoky burnout I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq0VGPug-tk
Old Jul 14, 2008, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evil_eagle
Oh Dan, Post that 1st FWD form run I did with the big *** burnout! haha.

Here is the video we got, Dan has a better shot of the big smoky burnout I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq0VGPug-tk
here ya go... look at Chris Wolds face of confusion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLWMee_d86U
Old Jul 14, 2008, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evil_eagle
Dan it was great seeing you, Erica and the little one again, your car is slowly progressing! Every time you run it, it gets better and we figure more issues out with it. The numbers will come in time man! I have faith!

Thanks for posting that vid of my FWD madness! haha!! I was laughing so hard in Semi finals on the return road, I couldn't believe I was going to the finals in FWD form. I gotta say though, being in FWD form for those 2 passes and doing the burnouts was the most fun I ever had in that car ha! I'm kinda reconsidering doing something different with it now
Also thank you so much for letting me use your slicks, and sorry about the big *** burnout on them, it's been so long since I've done one so I got carried away ha!! It was kinda cool though
thanks Jake, was good to see you too. As frustrating it is going through the learning curve and finding issues left and right, I think soon it will come all together and the car will ET what it should. Don't get any FWD ideas on me now... I myself got caught up thinking about building a Cobalt but if anything I will be doing something 4g63 RWD lets talk about that later though
Old Jul 14, 2008, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up Good ****!

Gotta love hearing you short shift 1-2-3, put into 4th gear make a pull, still break traction on top and run a 150mph!
Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Dan / Jake

Great stories and glad to hear you (jake) were able to get the car running after the whole wrist pin/piston incident.

Dan it does sound like you're on your way to that 8sec pass

The one thing that does echo in my head is the amount of parts breakage that occurs at the level you guys are at.....it's very admirable to see you guys build stuff, break it, and then build it again for more punishment....KUDOS to you both

Haven't seen the vids but i can just imagine what Jake's car looked liked doing a FWD burnout lol.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Sorry to hear you broke.

You know I heard of these hillbillies putting a solid rear axle in an EVO and leaving it AWD to avoid that, but a lot of people hated the idea While it's at the chassis shop just have them do it

Good luck.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 08:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Sorry to hear you broke.

You know I heard of these hillbillies putting a solid rear axle in an EVO and leaving it AWD to avoid that, but a lot of people hated the idea While it's at the chassis shop just have them do it

Good luck.
damn hillbillies..
Old Jul 14, 2008, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fimotorsports
Thanks guys I ended up not qualifying. I believe I broke the.rear lsd still ran 10.2 at 159 with 2.0 60foot car was all over the place. Luckily I have a spare 3kgt rear differential going to get it it looked over by shep and give it another try.
I did this bs on 645 awhp lol.... it sucks I know... I have a carbonetic that is holding up great.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 08:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Sorry to hear you broke.

Good luck.
Cheap replacements make it worth while, i say go for it Dan!