Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

New PB 11.7 119mph 3076r

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2008, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JuniorAWD
If your car with 520whp don't trap more then 123 fire your tuner too..
Freddy302 trapped 132mph with 540

The facts are that the turbo doesn't perform that great on pumpgas. As a well respected tuner stated, going up in boost doesn't mean it will make more power on pumpgas. I told Ron that adding boost may not increase much power due to timing being pulled for it on pumpgas. I used 10whp as an example. It would not be worth running another 4psi on pumpgas if it didn't make good gains.

This car also has another 2-3mph left in it with some driving.. So thats 121-122 on straight pumpgas, stock ecu and with 18s.. When I took Ron for a ride I showed him how you have to shift the car to have it stay in power. He also has a stock motor with just cams. Im not going to rev his car to 8500 on pumpgas just so he can go another .2 faster then the cars potential. In my eyes its not worth it. If he asked for a ***** to the walls tune.. The first step would have been race gas, and the 2nd would be taking off the heavy 18s.. he wanted a good reliable tune. He got it.

Junior

Awhh,, That's cute. "The tuner strikes back"/// This is epic.

I know you do this for a living so I'll just let it slide. I won't respond with the forked tounge. I'll just put some clarification in your comment to me and leave it at that cuz I know you where just joking. I know for sure.

The day I trapped 123, I was running 27psi spikes with boost tapering to 23. I attempted to street tune some c-16 within a 7mile drive on the way to the track. The car weighs 3463 on street tires spinning for 100+feet. I granny shifted by the way-- I was datalogging my turbo's response-- lifting on every shift. No excuses though, I'll go faster next time-- Just for you.

I did put down 506 on 29psi on my 93 octane map. (No alky needed -hint hint) I just had a date with the shark that day and was going to crank up to 33psi on my stock motor and wanted a little cushion. I love tuning my own car because I love being the brain of my own ride.

Do you really need to bring freddy302 into this? Did I mention that I've known Freddy since 1997?

OOOOOHHHHH you almost got me mad...hehehe

Now I have to take a piece of that Subaru at the track......
Old Jul 14, 2008, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4kinboost
Awhh,, That's cute. "The tuner strikes back"/// This is epic.

I know you do this for a living so I'll just let it slide. I won't respond with the forked tounge. I'll just put some clarification in your comment to me and leave it at that cuz I know you where just joking. I know for sure.

The day I trapped 123, I was running 27psi spikes with boost tapering to 23. I attempted to street tune some c-16 within a 7mile drive on the way to the track. The car weighs 3463 on street tires spinning for 100+feet. I granny shifted by the way-- I was datalogging my turbo's response-- lifting on every shift. No excuses though, I'll go faster next time-- Just for you.

I did put down 506 on 29psi on my 93 octane map. (No alky needed -hint hint) I just had a date with the shark that day and was going to crank up to 33psi on my stock motor and wanted a little cushion. I love tuning my own car because I love being the brain of my own ride.

Do you really need to bring freddy302 into this? Did I mention that I've known Freddy since 1997?

OOOOOHHHHH you almost got me mad...hehehe

Now I have to take a piece of that Subaru at the track......

Don't get mad, just go faster!

I made 500whp with Yiyos Evo though Pumpgas and 25psi.. We all know how he drives too.. Never popped, 580 with the meth after you guys built him the block. 12.8@125-6?? LOL..

As for the subie... I went 11.0@121mph on pumpgas and 18s.. Full weight and all.. 1.53-1.54 60fts all day long. Did I mention it was 110 degrees on the track? DA of almost 3000 . . I think once the cams come in you can recieve a piece..

Rons car will go faster as it sits.
Im just not a big fan of running 28+psi of boost on pumpgas in customers cars. The safety margin is gone, and I have no control of what will happen. As the tuner I have to set a safe boundary.

My cars are different, I know what to listen for and look for when pushing **** plus I can blame no one but myself . Same as your situation.... You know what to look for when pushing it hard, and you will have no one to blame if something went wrong.

BTW.. Freddy was brought in as a measuring stick of dyno numbers.. We all know that they dont mean much
Old Jul 14, 2008, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

As for the subie... I went 11.0@121mph on pumpgas and 18s.. Full weight and all.. 1.53-1.54 60fts all day long. Did I mention it was 110 degrees on the track? DA of almost 3000 . . I think once the cams come in you can recieve a piece..

It's a sad sad day for subaru, when America's fastest 2008 model gets bullied by "Average Joe's" 2003 evo.

jk!!

I understand where you are coming from. Customers can't get the "A" tune, the have to get the "Safe" tune. I can respect that.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Petey Turbo
LOL those are all STOCK TURBO cars you are comparing yourself to!! But if I were to guess, I'd say there is plenty of room left for driver improvement as I know Junior does good work ad the car piked up pretty well on the back end.
No **** doctor....he said there were a ton of stock turbo cars running fater then me on PUMP GAS!!!! There is NOT...was my point.

Read.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

It's so funny you start a thread with all your buddies and they fight...nice you got to love NY and NJ...LOL!!!

Jr....I'll poke at Erkel...wait who went faster on their 3076????

HA HA HA!!

Lets compare apples to apples....
Old Jul 15, 2008, 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Several stock turbos have beaten you on 93oct, but they don't trap higher.
all he does is spout bs...just the facts baby just the facts
Old Jul 15, 2008, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gamebred26
all he does is spout bs...just the facts baby just the facts

Uh,,, the facts are in post #23.

Evo ix turbo, 93 octane trapping 124mph.

If you like comparing apples to apples Manny traps 116mph with the same boost level.

Things that make you say "hmmmmmmmmm".
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

It's so funny you start a thread with all your buddies and they fight...nice you got to love NY and NJ...LOL!!!

Jr....I'll poke at Erkel...wait who went faster on their 3076????

HA HA HA!!

Lets compare apples to apples....

It's so funny that you want to compare apples to apples with a bolt-on atp hotside vs. your rnr tubular manni, garrett t3 turbine, mivec and great driving ability. This all comes out now after the set-ups off my car--(you know the set-up that I had for less than 30days and only went to the track with twice?)

So I went 118mph with boost leaks from the injectors, intake manni and greddy bov with the cat. convertor still on the car. Self tuned-- I save the tuner money for the mortgage payments.

By the way did you back that pass up yet?

It's so cute, you are off the Ivey bandwagon and now you are rolling with Jr......
Priceless.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

LOL!!!

Hey it is what it is...no excuses...I went faster then you with it...on the 4th pass ever in it..you know more about tuning a car i will give you that...but i will out drive you.

I NEVER NEVER was on and Ivey bandwagon...ever..nor am I on a Jr. one...but if you can dish out jabs you got to be able to take them...

Oh I will back it up tomorrow night for sure...

It's a friggin RNR manifold...it's crap...with a megan downpipe...all budget ****...not like it is a FULL RACE...

Last edited by gamebred26; Jul 15, 2008 at 07:16 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Uh,,, the facts are in post #23.

Evo ix turbo, 93 octane trapping 124mph.

If you like comparing apples to apples Manny traps 116mph with the same boost level.

Things that make you say "hmmmmmmmmm".
not following this one...i yet to see a stock turbo car run faster on pump gas where are you seeing this???
Old Jul 15, 2008, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

LOL!!!

Hey it is what it is...no excuses...I went faster then you with it...on the 4th pass ever in it..you know more about tuning a car i will give you that...but i will out drive you.

I NEVER NEVER was on and Ivey bandwagon...ever..nor am I on a Jr. one...but if you can dish out jabs you got to be able to take them...

Oh I will back it up tomorrow night for sure...

It's a friggin RNR manifold...it's crap...with a megan downpipe...all budget ****...not like it is a FULL RACE...

"Don't get mad just go faster!!"

I won't take the jokes any farther, i don't want you to get your feelings twisted-- I'm still ya boy.

By the way, my boy has some straight Jeep that just dropped-- pure fire!! 3rd generation Jeep all over the papers!!
Old Jul 15, 2008, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

lol...just what i need to get back in to that again..my girl will kill me.

Is the sire proven? None of this off the chain bs...I had great Kingfish dog..and a dog out Norrod's Gambler line...both were game as ****.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 09:40 AM
Account Disabled

Ahhhhhh man Junior, u just had to mention yiyos Evo We wanted to buy that car from him to keep here but noooooooo, somone else had first dibs and shipped it on some boat over seas when it got sold. Man that Evo should of stayed in the states to take care of business.

Don't get mad, just go faster!

I made 500whp with Yiyos Evo though Pumpgas and 25psi.. We all know how he drives too.. Never popped, 580 with the meth after you guys built him the block. 12.8@125-6?? LOL..

Rons car will go faster as it sits.
Im just not a big fan of running 28+psi of boost on pumpgas in customers cars. The safety margin is gone, and I have no control of what will happen. As the tuner I have to set a safe boundary.

My cars are different, I know what to listen for and look for when pushing **** plus I can blame no one but myself . Same as your situation.... You know what to look for when pushing it hard, and you will have no one to blame if something went wrong.

BTW.. Freddy was brought in as a measuring stick of dyno numbers.. We all know that they dont mean much
Old Jul 15, 2008, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

It's a sad sad day for subaru, when America's fastest 2008 model gets bullied by "Average Joe's" 2003 evo.

jk!!

I understand where you are coming from. Customers can't get the "A" tune, the have to get the "Safe" tune. I can respect that.
Not that they don't get an "A" tune.. They just don't get a "crazy, pushed to the limit" tune... Imagine the cost of replacing head gaskets and pistons every week because the customer didn't notice his A/F or he tried to go 170mph with an aggressive tune.. I don't want that on my head.

Bully?? Don't you have to be faster or quicker to be bulling me??
BTW with that logic, would it be accurate to say that its a sad day for all evos when a 1990 talon goes over 1 second quicker and 20mph faster then ANY EVO in the world?

Don't take this to heart man... All in good fun

Junior
Old Jul 15, 2008, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whoa, arguing without me? Egads.

Quick Reply: New PB 11.7 119mph 3076r