Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Results from BOTI Battle Of The Imports

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2008, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Multiple 10 sec passes pics and vids up now.

This was held in Sacramento,CA yesterday afternoon

I had a great weekend with some high's and some low's.

This was the first time i participated in the battle but always knew about since i was in high scool but it was a fun weekend for both myself, my good friend Bruce, and our sponsor FULL FUNCTION.

The day before Saturday's event we went up to test and tune to get the car dialed in as it was actually the first time back to the track since we put in the QM clutch and new wheel/tire combination. I had never even gotten a chance to launch the car on the street as i try not to get into trouble around my area.

The weather for both days was about mid 90's and the starter said track temps were in the high 150's Didn't get to check the DA.

Talk about sunburn

Weighed the car on their new scales at the track and came up= 3030lbs with me in it and about 1/4 tank of fuel.

I made a few passes w/o launching to get used to the Hoosier's and the clutch and had some bad misfiring so.......(click the "view in high quality" for vids if available)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZTJ23tLFpA

Had to put some clean plugs in and finally got the car's tune situated thanks to my tuner Sean Burgess.....we also made some revisions to the 2step setting and the car was running well.

I was going to make another test pass.......launched the car soft with a slight bog off the line and was going to let off but instead i just kept it floored and came up with this.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1_0ARUXxE8

The next run after that they lined me up with my buddy Bruce who just so happened to take home 1st place in the "Street Tuned" class all with trophy and close to $1100 in prize money on Sat

Everyone said it was the best race of the night with both being personal bests!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOVPcpqCfmw

I think the car launched pretty good even though the 60's still aren't that great what do you think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAeA4bYtbuQ

The next day was the real deal and so in the heat of the day we had to qualify and so since i have no equipment for 10 sec passes i decided i'll work on the launch and 1-2 shift and will let off in 3rd.

That didn't work too well......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeZ5fwW3I-g

I decided to NOT do another qualifying pass i was already #1 in the class with that pass in fear of getting booted.

Unfortunately in the first round of eliminations they told me i could not run any faster than 11.49 due to safety equip. violations so i said i'd slow it down and promised not to break the rules and they luckily let me race.

Well i basically threw everything away as i made a totally retarded rookie mistake and at the last minute decided to just walk the car off the line and then let the HP do it's thing.......................................STALL! Tried to start it back up and reel him in but no luck (tossed that slip) STOOPID STOOPID STOOPID (4 sec 60ft. personal worse)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FomiIEWgVwI

In the end it worked out for our loyal customer and good friend Bruce and his wife Lynette who took home a nice 4ft trophy, $500 cash, and up to nearly $600 in contingancies! Congrats BRUCE AND LYNETTE Here's the final round win thank god we had some HP on our side as the car started to break up in 4th.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlfLIgpZ-fo

I did get one last crack at redeeming myself as they let people run a TNT lane for a little while.

This one was going to be it.......ALL OUT as i had nothinng to lose and all my pride to gain back..........(sorry for the low quality the batt was almost dead)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVNQsQLkLqY

Needless to say they really didn't want me making anymore passes

Now if i can finally make use of the Hoosier's and 60ft the thing in the 1.4's-1.5's i have a feeling we can go damn near 9.99 in this trim.

All in all it was a great event and i got to see some great friends i haven't seen in many years (Dennis/Marissa from LDL Speed Shop in LV) and got to meet a lot of big name people in the import drag racing world especially a guy you might know of........Jake Montgomery "EVIL EAGLE"

He is a great guy with a wonderful attitude towards racing and what it takes to compete at his level.

Jake had problems in eliminations as constant part failures are making him discouraged to continue campaining the car as the cost of racing is seriously taking it's toll.

I applaud him for all he does and the car he's built it's A BAD ****! Here's a vid of the car making a good pass in the heat!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X8y5AI-fxQ

Jake nice to meet you and like i said best of luck in whatever you decide i feel i've gained a new friend that i can learn a whole lot from

I got lots of footage so it will be coming so keep checking back for updates

I'm tired and sunburnt!

Last edited by PATRICK B.; Aug 3, 2008 at 09:10 PM.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry about the premature post if anyone saw it i accidentally hit the return button WAY too soon

All fixed with vids now posted

I'm sorry the post is so lengthy!

Last edited by PATRICK B.; Aug 3, 2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car's running well I would say. What's the setup?

Congrats!
Old Aug 3, 2008, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Now these are the kind of threads I love reading... Did you get a Lifetime Achievement Award from that track ie. Lifetime ban?

-E
Old Aug 4, 2008, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

Nice #'s on that last time slip and it was nice meeting you at the track patrick. Its Mike with the blue Audi A4 in case you dont know the screen name.

Do you plan on making it down to Fontana for BOTI in Oct, I hope to have my cage in before then so they dont kick me out of the class again because of a few bad runs at 11.1 at 110 and 11.3 at 134.9. I tried to get in one more run in at the end of the night and just 4 cars from the front of the line they shut down the TNT line and told us we could not make a run.

If you want to bring those 60 ft times down you might look into trying to make more boost at the rpm you have set or raise the rpm up more.

Wicked E - Actually it was the BOTI officials that told us to keep it under 11.5 and then told Patrick he was done for the day after he ran the 10.5.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.

All fixed with vids now posted

I'm sorry the post is so lengthy!
You NEVER have to apologize for such a great post!!!

Car is sweet!! Keep it up!!

What's up Mike!! I haven't seen that screenname in a while.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

congrats to Pat and Bruce!!!!!!!!!!!

now we need to get you down with the launching, too bad we don't have any in-car footage of you

Jerry
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4kinboost
You NEVER have to apologize for such a great post!!!

Car is sweet!! Keep it up!!

What's up Mike!! I haven't seen that screenname in a while.
Yeah its been a while on this forum, pretty much only posted on here because I meet Patrick and a few of the guys with him at BOTI this weekend. Plus his shop isn't to far from my tuner which is 034.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Audi2ptzero

Wicked E - Actually it was the BOTI officials that told us to keep it under 11.5 and then told Patrick he was done for the day after he ran the 10.5.

I always love telling them you'll do one thing and doing another when you actually get there... Go ***** to the wall or go home...

-E
Old Aug 4, 2008, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah its been a while on this forum, pretty much only posted on here because I meet Patrick and a few of the guys with him at BOTI this weekend. Plus his shop isn't to far from my tuner which is 034.
Mike hey man nice seeing you out there

Really sorry to hear when they closed the staging lanes for TNT i nkew you were still in line and me and my group were all waiting for a badass pass to go down but the big dogs kept braking at towards the end

I hear ya about the cage and all and we are currently going to think about making more or less power and also about the necessary equipment to stay competitive as i'd love to hit up some more BOTI events as they are well run and pay out nicely.

Also great to run with some of the tops in the industry!

I sift through some vids to see if i have yours on my cam but it may take a few days

You have a very fast car and i'm sure you'll do quite well whereever you race.....best of luck and nice talking with you and your buddies (all cool people)

p.s. I'm sorry for once again kinda weasling my way into the first round i feel really ****ty about that But in the end the end the real champ was crowned legitimately............ahhhhhhhh RACING KARMA is a *****!
Old Aug 4, 2008, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wicked E

I always love telling them you'll do one thing and doing another when you actually get there... Go ***** to the wall or go home...

-E
Yeah I didn't exactly drive 8 hrs up to run 11.5 in a mid 10 second car.

Patrick did you get my first run or 2nd? I have my 2nd one on my camera but didn't get my 11.1 run.

I am now also looking into changing over to a set of 15 or 16's with Hoosiers so I can start using my 32psi anti-lag again so I dont have to worry about bogging ever again. Just hard to find those in 8" wide in a 5x112.

BTW I was told the DA at around 2pm-3pm was around 2200 ft. You can actually get the info from Accuweather.com for the last 24hrs and then feed that info into this calc

For your 10.5 run at 9pm the DA was around 842 ft. Once the sun went down the DA dropped really quick.

(added) video of my 11.3 run at BOTI.

Last edited by Audi2ptzero; Aug 4, 2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I didn't exactly drive 8 hrs up to run 11.5 in a mid 10 second car.

Patrick did you get my first run or 2nd? I have my 2nd one on my camera but didn't get my 11.1 run.

I am now also looking into changing over to a set of 15 or 16's with Hoosiers so I can start using my 32psi anti-lag again so I dont have to worry about bogging ever again. Just hard to find those in 8" wide in a 5x112.

BTW I was told the DA at around 2pm-3pm was around 2200 ft. You can actually get the info from Accuweather.com for the last 24hrs and then feed that info into this calc

For your 10.5 run at 9pm the DA was around 842 ft. Once the sun went down the DA dropped really quick.

(added) video of my 11.3 run at BOTI.
Thanks for the info Mike!

God i wish i would've stayed in it on the qualifying pass i bet it would have gone 10.2-10.3 @ 137+

Please do let me know if we can help any in regards to finding ya some wheels etc.

I'll look through the vids tonight.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the info Mike!

God i wish i would've stayed in it on the qualifying pass i bet it would have gone 10.2-10.3 @ 137+

Please do let me know if we can help any in regards to finding ya some wheels etc.

I'll look through the vids tonight.
If you can find me a set of light weight 16's in 5x112 for a set of hoosiers let me know.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

If you can find me a set of light weight 16's in 5x112 for a set of hoosiers let me know.
Any specific offset needed?

Also a few pics my buddy Edwin snapped.

Here's the winning trophy for Bruce:

Last edited by PATRICK B.; Aug 5, 2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Any specific offset needed?
I will have to check on that and get back to you. Just need to make sure the big tires clear while mounted to the smaller 7" wide wheel.

Any luck finding a video of my car on your camera?

Quick Reply: Results from BOTI Battle Of The Imports