Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Review of the world's largest and greatest DSM/EVO Shootout!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2008, 08:21 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LilRico
Sure looks like it... You can tell you went out there with a crew and a plan

Like everyone seems to be saying, I'm disappointed in the fact that I didn't get to meet you in person
yeah I know it, I feel like such a heel for not going out there earlier...my wife said we'll plan one of our vacations around it and take in the whole event next time. I fully intend on bringing my car somehow...it was painful to watch and not participate, I'm not cutout for this spectator mess
Old Aug 21, 2008, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur

Yeah 3 out of 4 isnt bad so I guess you're right. lol

Im not sure when im going to take the bike to the track. Havent really even ever thought about it in depth. I just enjoy riding. The time is getting closer for my new toy to arrive.... well in a few months so im going to have to switch my focus to 4 wheels again and getting back into driving & racing. I may need a few pointers but this time it will be because im switching to RWD.
Jarrod, what kind of bike you have? I forgot what it was... I like it a lot... color and all...

Originally Posted by Mellon
yeah I know it, I feel like such a heel for not going out there earlier...my wife said we'll plan one of our vacations around it and take in the whole event next time. I fully intend on bringing my car somehow...it was painful to watch and not participate, I'm not cutout for this spectator mess
That makes two of us. After watching the 1st 5 runs I wanted to drive. It's not like watching a NBA game, you really have to race to get super excited about it since you're going for gold. Next time, wear a shirt that has your name on it so I can see who you are. Everyone should have known who I was... I had the official LilRico shirt...

Last edited by LilRico; Aug 21, 2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 09:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Jarrod, what kind of bike you have? I forgot what it was... I like it a lot... color and all...
Thanks man! Its a 2007 Suzuki GSXR-750. Limited color of midnight blue & black.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks man! Its a 2007 Suzuki GSXR-750. Limited color of midnight blue & black.
Dang, I went to the website looking for it and I can't find it in the same color. If I were to buy a bike it would be the one you have with the brightest blue HID headlight.

Not for nothing, but the bike is really beautiful, and I'm not all into motorcycles or anything...
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Dang, I went to the website looking for it and I can't find it in the same color. If I were to buy a bike it would be the one you have with the brightest blue HID headlight.

Not for nothing, but the bike is really beautiful, and I'm not all into motorcycles or anything...
Yeah that thing is BRIGHT. I have people flash me all the time because they must think its my bright. Thats the low beam though. lol Its a 8000k setup I bought from one of my customers who owns a bike shop in NC.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Your telling me... You pulled into the parking lot and I saw the light.... I was like... "God... is that you?"
Old Aug 21, 2008, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah that thing is BRIGHT. I have people flash me all the time because they must think its my bright. Thats the low beam though. lol Its a 8000k setup I bought from one of my customers who owns a bike shop in NC.
Post pics Jarod!
Old Aug 21, 2008, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Your telling me... You pulled into the parking lot and I saw the light.... I was like... "God... is that you?"

That is SOOO funny! Those were some nice bikes at the shop. I can't do the bikes, but they were hot to death.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Ricer...

Old Aug 21, 2008, 08:05 PM

nice wish i was there
Old Aug 22, 2008, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
This year's shootout was great! I'm shocked at how many people were in Wakeman on Saturday and Norwalk was packed Sunday as well. I wish I could have went some rounds, but a stupid little pressure regulator valve decided to stick open and end my day after a single soft-tune pass (8.87 at 158.9mph). Q16 was a phenomenal class with 13 cars in the single digits.

Our goal was to mow down the gas records at this event, but just didn't get the chance. I guess we'll have to do that at our local track instead!

Congrats to all who won and set personal bests!

We'll see everybody next year!

Kevin
Old Aug 22, 2008, 07:37 AM
Account Disabled

Kevin the car was insane...time to update the website! http://www.kigglyracing.com/racing/
Old Aug 22, 2008, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry I missed it this year but no car ( stolen) but it sounds like it was a great time.

Were there any other records broken other than STM's stock bottom end record which was sick BTW?

Old Aug 22, 2008, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WhtEvo05
Sorry I missed it this year but no car ( stolen) but it sounds like it was a great time.

Were there any other records broken other than STM's stock bottom end record which was sick BTW?

OMG Stolen??? Damn when? Very sorry to hear!
Old Aug 22, 2008, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOlunchbox
OMG Stolen??? Damn when? Very sorry to hear!
OMG Indeed... I'm sorry to hear that!

Quick Reply: Review of the world's largest and greatest DSM/EVO Shootout!