Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Review of the world's largest and greatest DSM/EVO Shootout!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2008, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
Do a search for user..... 9sec9
oh ok, that TOM. thanks mon!
Old Aug 18, 2008, 01:44 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fantastic show David, my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it and cannot wait until it rolls around again, thanks for everyones hard work that made it all possible! We'll be getting there a day earlier at least so we have some time to meet more people and I want to make the 11 hour drive in my car so I can join in on the fun...that killed me sitting on the sidelines

for those of you that missed it...believe me you don't want to miss it again. I'm going to start editing my HD video tonight that I took of the quick 16 qualifying and eliminations...other vids will folllow that but I flat didn't have enough battery or camera to catch it all. There was so much to see.

btw, hats off to Norwalk drag strip, they were constantly cleaning/improving the track...I wasn't out there racing but it sure looked like they were doing their best to make sure the track was prepared. The event moved along at a nice pace.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

cool stuff.....
Old Aug 18, 2008, 02:56 PM
Account Disabled

Thanks to David Buschur and his whole crew for a great job makin this event happen. Thanks to all that came out to make this the biggest shootout ever, hey David, u have big shoes to fill toppin this one next year lol but im sure it will be just as big thanks again David
Old Aug 18, 2008, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Aww I shoulda went. I could have had a good change at 3rd place in stock appearing class. Next year for sure!
Old Aug 18, 2008, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
Aww I shoulda went. I could have had a good change at 3rd place in stock appearing class. Next year for sure!
It is a fun event for sure! Hope to see ya there next year to keep the competition fun.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Also, thanks to the guys at our shop for busting their butts the last week and putting in the long hours required to pull this event off each year. THANK YOU guys.

It was a pleasure hanging out with so many people this year and putting names with faces.

Raceman, Rolo, Tom @ DI, Junior and Mike from TT, Mike, Chris x2 and Sean from AWDMotorsports, Chris from Mellon, Jestr, mostwanted, the list just truly goes on and on and on. I can't tell you all how much I enjoyed meeting you. I am sure I missed some names but it was a pleasure meeting EVERYONE that took the time to say "hi" to me, I don't think I can think of one exception. It was also nice to have some guys come to me and have the ***** to introduce yourself so we could put names with faces and all see that just because you/I are associated with a certain shop that we aren't douche bags.

I really had a great weekend and really have a hard time putting into words how much I enjoyed it and how greatful I am that the event keeps growing because of all the support from everyone.

Also, because the event did go well the 1-2-3 place finishers from each class were awarded a nice plague, T-shirt and we paid out $6400 in winnings between the classes, the highest we ever have.

Thanks again everyone for your support, friendship and for attending the event.

My wife and I agree this was one of the best weekends we have ever had. Between the weather, the scenary, the shootout, the great people, Cedar Point, and meeting you, it was by far the best weekend ever. Thank you so much for the hospitality. We are anxious for next year to arrive quickly. We will be better prepared and the RS will be there for sure. Thank you also for the great parts, we are eager to test them on the new set up. I will pm you the results and times.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
It was a great event Dave and I had a blast testing out my new car at the shootout thanks to Al tuning it up on Friday on your dyno. The car truly has come alive and drives like an Evo should now, just needs a clutch or something. Even though I got the third degree for not waiting on your Buschur Dual catback, it was cool to meet everyone while getting the car tuned. The turnout on Sunday was just crazy, never seen it like that, although I missed the last couple of years.

As for some of the other well known shops/racers not attending the shootout, I honestly didn't notice any lack of speed in the field and plenty of others stepped up to the plate to lay down the numbers. To all the Evo X owners that didn't race, there's no excuses next year!

Here's my pics and a couple videos.

http://craigmking.tocsin7.com/images...vo%20Shootout/
Nice, you happened to get a couple pictures of the BVP Evo X lining up against me for the finals. If anyone has a movie of that race it was dead even at the 330' mark, PM me if you can. Next year I'll be more prepared!
Old Aug 18, 2008, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Great Time with everyone!

Thanks to all the guys at Buschur for helping me make sure of what was wrong with the car. Some tell Ted I said thanks as I know hes not on here but I greatly appreciate him leaving the parts outside for my clutch! We finished it up at about 2 am and it feels great again! I cant wait to do the conversion this winter.

Chris- Once again thanks a million for all the help from you and Jon last night! You are truly great Buschur guys and you show the team support that just shows the Buschur guys are a family, not just customers and a business!
Old Aug 18, 2008, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

I will go next year... I went last october when it was rescheduled, and even though the turnout wasn't as big as it usually is, I had a lot of fun
Old Aug 18, 2008, 04:21 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Hiboost
It was a great event Dave and I had a blast testing out my new car at the shootout thanks to Al tuning it up on Friday on your dyno. The car truly has come alive and drives like an Evo should now, just needs a clutch or something. Even though I got the third degree for not waiting on your Buschur Dual catback, it was cool to meet everyone while getting the car tuned. The turnout on Sunday was just crazy, never seen it like that, although I missed the last couple of years.

As for some of the other well known shops/racers not attending the shootout, I honestly didn't notice any lack of speed in the field and plenty of others stepped up to the plate to lay down the numbers. To all the Evo X owners that didn't race, there's no excuses next year!

Nice, you happened to get a couple pictures of the BVP Evo X lining up against me for the finals. If anyone has a movie of that race it was dead even at the 330' mark, PM me if you can. Next year I'll be more prepared!

Thanks for your business and for comming out to the race.

You did a great job of driving in the final round and you certainly were out in the lead in the begining. They just had a lot more power on hand and drove around you but you did a great job.

I agree 100% about what you said about others who did not attend and also even more so about the few toxic buffons who attempted to organize a protest.

Glad to hear you are having so much fun with the car.

Al
Old Aug 18, 2008, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Also, thanks to the guys at our shop for busting their butts the last week and putting in the long hours required to pull this event off each year. THANK YOU guys.

It was a pleasure hanging out with so many people this year and putting names with faces.

Raceman, Rolo, Tom @ DI, Junior and Mike from TT, Mike, Chris x2 and Sean from AWDMotorsports, Chris from Mellon, Jestr, mostwanted, the list just truly goes on and on and on. I can't tell you all how much I enjoyed meeting you. I am sure I missed some names but it was a pleasure meeting EVERYONE that took the time to say "hi" to me, I don't think I can think of one exception. It was also nice to have some guys come to me and have the ***** to introduce yourself so we could put names with faces and all see that just because you/I are associated with a certain shop that we aren't douche bags.

I really had a great weekend and really have a hard time putting into words how much I enjoyed it and how greatful I am that the event keeps growing because of all the support from everyone.

Also, because the event did go well the 1-2-3 place finishers from each class were awarded a nice plague, T-shirt and we paid out $6400 in winnings between the classes, the highest we ever have.

Thanks again everyone for your support, friendship and for attending the event.

It was nice to meet you to and it was very nice from you borrow your MAF from your Evo X so we can race the event here in CFT and BVP Crew appreciate what you did for us Hope talk with you more often take care.

Oscar @ CFT
Old Aug 18, 2008, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOlunchbox
Unreal time, just got home... I so need a shower! Thank you for everything!
Nick nice to talk to you buy those slicks and cal me Ill fly to Atlanta and race your car and Phils car into the 9's hope to talk you soon if anything I am just a phone call away

Oscar @ CFT
Old Aug 18, 2008, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Also, because the event did go well the 1-2-3 place finishers from each class were awarded a nice plague,
Maybe it was a good thing I couldnt make it.

It sounds like everyone had a good time. I decided at the last minute not to attend to try and get the engine build finished. Looking forward to next year.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Great Event! Thank you Dave for putting on such a great event .. once again!

Nice meeting you HiBoost

Quick Reply: Review of the world's largest and greatest DSM/EVO Shootout!