Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Review of the world's largest and greatest DSM/EVO Shootout!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2008, 06:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Guys, here is my Video of the Dyno Day / Car Show on Saturday at Buschur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsKPXpShPBY
it´s to bad that Georg didn´t bring his badbish
Old Aug 19, 2008, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mellon
I just finished editing my footage of the quick 16 qualifying...for some reason the camera wasn't liking the start of each race so it's a little choppy but it clears up about mid track...funky but it's all I have to work with and I'm sorry.

keep an eye on that thread as I'll add quick 16 eliminations tomorrow night and other clips from test n tune and other classes with pics ultimately...much much more to come!

http://www.racevideoforums.com/forum...-coverage.html

Great footage Mellon!!! Felt like I was there!!
Old Aug 19, 2008, 06:52 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4kinboost
Great footage Mellon!!! Felt like I was there!!
thanks man, that was the goal I'm going to start on the Quick 16 eliminations footage tonight...good stuff!
Old Aug 19, 2008, 09:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vwjeff
After the shoot-out is over, it feels like summer and racing is over for the year
Columbus is this weekend. Be there or be square.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 09:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Shearer
Columbus is this weekend. Be there or be square.
Whats in Columbus?
Old Aug 19, 2008, 09:33 AM

Thanks DB for another fantastic Shootout. It was great seeing everyone again this year and it was a real pleasure to finally see what my RS would do in the 1/4 mile.

I drove the car up from SC 12 hours with 4 people and a trunk full of luggage. I had 8th Wonder, his friend Dereck and Dennis Davis, who has helped me immensely with car, crammed in with all our stuff. We got there Friday afternoon to pick up 8th Wonders Evo VIII that just got tuned for E-85. The car is a beast but unfortunately clutch problems left it parked at Buschur's on Saturday. We had a fun day in Wakeman talking w/ everyone regardless.

Sunday at the track was fantastic! I let my good friend Dennis pilot my car all day as he is a far better driver than me and I wanted to see what the car was capable of. The 1st run was an 11.5 at 119 and it only got better as the day progressed. We ended up w/ 3rd in ESA but almost took the match away from Tony Powell. The crowd was on its feet because it looked like the impossible was going to happen but, alas, the W showed up in Tony's lane and we had to settle for 3rd with a 11.4 at 121. That's with Advan Neovas and a stock suspension and 93 octane. Not too shabby of a day all in all. I'm very happy with the car's performance and I had a helluva a good time. After the awards ceremony we crammed everything back in the car and drove 12 hrs back to SC.

Special thanks again to Dennis Davis for doing such a great job of driving my car and thanks again to David, Dan, Jarrod, Nick and the whole Buschur family and crew for making such an exciting event possible. See you next year!
Old Aug 19, 2008, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by coheterojo
Thanks DB for another fantastic Shootout. It was great seeing everyone again this year and it was a real pleasure to finally see what my RS would do in the 1/4 mile.

I drove the car up from SC 12 hours with 4 people and a trunk full of luggage. I had 8th Wonder, his friend Dereck and Dennis Davis, who has helped me immensely with car, crammed in with all our stuff. We got there Friday afternoon to pick up 8th Wonders Evo VIII that just got tuned for E-85. The car is a beast but unfortunately clutch problems left it parked at Buschur's on Saturday. We had a fun day in Wakeman talking w/ everyone regardless.

Sunday at the track was fantastic! I let my good friend Dennis pilot my car all day as he is a far better driver than me and I wanted to see what the car was capable of. The 1st run was an 11.5 at 119 and it only got better as the day progressed. We ended up w/ 3rd in ESA but almost took the match away from Tony Powell. The crowd was on its feet because it looked like the impossible was going to happen but, alas, the W showed up in Tony's lane and we had to settle for 3rd with a 11.4 at 121. That's with Advan Neovas and a stock suspension and 93 octane. Not too shabby of a day all in all. I'm very happy with the car's performance and I had a helluva a good time. After the awards ceremony we crammed everything back in the car and drove 12 hrs back to SC.

Special thanks again to Dennis Davis for doing such a great job of driving my car and thanks again to David, Dan, Jarrod, Nick and the whole Buschur family and crew for making such an exciting event possible. See you next year!
Your car ran very good all day Sunday, consistent on every pass and launching it without using the 2-step!!!

See you next year cohete!!! (I was the guy from Cincinnati with the Blue Evo IX)
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by coheterojo

Anytime you crazy Columbian!
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ Good times again! I swear everytime we go we learn a little more about David Lowe, Coheterojo, the "Colombian." I swear he's a part of the CIA.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 8thWonder
^^^ Good times again! I swear everytime we go we learn a little more about David Lowe, Coheterojo, the "Colombian." I swear he's a part of the CIA.
You mean.... Agent Marley?

Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JRB_EVO
Your car ran very good all day Sunday, consistent on every pass and launching it without using the 2-step!!!

See you next year cohete!!! (I was the guy from Cincinnati with the Blue Evo IX)
Cool deal. Now I can match faces to screen names.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:20 AM
Account Disabled

a shame this event doesn't happen twice a year, that would be awesome but poor david would be run ragged.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

I figure I'll post some of my pics here instead of the other thread which is immense:

OKIX's beast on the dyno

Coheterojo's RS piloted by Dennis Davis on his 11.3 run I believe.

The staging lanes were packed!

Mr. Lowe, here's your avatar

And my favorite shot of the day of Dan Buschur in the BR drag EVO...
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Lecon can you email me that last pic for Daniel please in high res. Im sure he would like to have that. Its a GREAT pic!
Old Aug 19, 2008, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Will do man. I thought one of you guys might want that one!

Quick Reply: Review of the world's largest and greatest DSM/EVO Shootout!