Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

First Night at the 1/4 Drag Strip @ OSW - Orlando, Florida

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2008, 06:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe you can drive it at the Event this sunday in Orlando and we can see what 374whp on an MD is really capable of!!! My Evo X ran 110 trap with less than 350hp on our Dynojet.. The X is heavier also...
Old Dec 4, 2008, 06:44 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This thread is about Compsciboi's drag racing experience, not yours. Lets keep the thread on topic as per the rules of the forum.

Practice up Chad. It doesn't happen overnight.

When we ran back to back 10's at 130mph back in 2006 on the stock turbo, we were out every Weds and Friday, and every single import event to try to achieve our goals.

If we would have counted the drag passes, we had 140 just on the stock clutch alone before moving through two more clutches, a broken 6sp, swap to 5sp before we reached the 10's.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Maybe you can drive it at the Event this sunday in Orlando and we can see what 374whp on an MD is really capable of!!! My Evo X ran 110 trap with less than 350hp on our Dynojet.. The X is heavier also...
If it was up to me I wouldn't mind taking that challenge.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 06:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
If it was up to me I wouldn't mind taking that challenge.
Its not a challenge by any means.. Was just asking maybe if someone else would drive it to show its full potential so the owner knows what he can shoot for as a goal..
Old Dec 4, 2008, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Its not a challenge by any means.. Was just asking maybe if someone else would drive it to show its full potential so the owner knows what he can shoot for as a goal..
No matter what you call it "challenge" "example of potential for the owner to shoot for" it would be fun.

There was a slight implication that the trap speeds and the dyno numbers did not match up although that could definitely be driver issue. So many variables with racing one could drive themselves crazy trying to figure it all out in every detail. I know I do.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 07:01 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
No matter what you call it "challenge" "example of potential for the owner to shoot for" it would be fun.

There was a slight implication that the trap speeds and the dyno numbers did not match up although that could definitely be driver issue. So many variables with racing one could drive themselves crazy trying to figure it all out in every detail. I know I do.
It takes a talented driver to trap 120mph on stock cams.

Tuning helps too...

Have Jerry get us that trans back quick so we can finish your multidisc clutch swap and get you back in the action again.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
It takes a talented driver to trap 120mph on stock cams.

Tuning helps too...

Have Jerry get us that trans back quick so we can finish your multidisc clutch swap and get you back in the action again.
To think, this is my first 5speed too.

Couldn't get a hold of Jerry today. Should definitely hear something by tomorrow I would think.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
13.3@103 bone stock IX, full weight as it comes from the factory just for reference. Keep practicing and you'll get there. It definitely has 12's as potential.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Scott, I don't know if I'd put my old map into anything but my worst enemies car. Your early mivec map certainly got me going the right direction. No doubt about it. I just wish you had discouraged me from pursuiting the modding. I could have saved over 200K between both cars, trailer, backup engines, trans, diffs, TC, tools, trips, lodging, wheels, tires, entry fees, etc, etc. You didn't do me any favors is what I'm trying to say.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 08:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
This thread is about Compsciboi's drag racing experience, not yours. Lets keep the thread on topic as per the rules of the forum.

Practice up Chad. It doesn't happen overnight.

When we ran back to back 10's at 130mph back in 2006 on the stock turbo, we were out every Weds and Friday, and every single import event to try to achieve our goals.

If we would have counted the drag passes, we had 140 just on the stock clutch alone before moving through two more clutches, a broken 6sp, swap to 5sp before we reached the 10's
I thought this was about Compsciboi's drag racing experience..
Old Dec 4, 2008, 08:18 PM
Account Disabled

Cmon guys, fight nice

I know I can hit 12.xxx - I just wanted to document and share my first ever time to the track. I wasn't dissapointed at all as I had alot of fun!!

I went, had the first experience of it all with a little help from Brian (SHhhhh) on here direction wise. Thanks Brian! The last run we had of the night was the both of us. We both sat there as a truck went down to check something on the track, I looked over and thought to myself "How cool is this?" We both left nice, but once the first shift to second came, he moved out in front nicely. The distance very slowly pulled away as I was right behind his bumper the whole way. I thoroughly enjoyed the meth flame from 3rd to 4th crossing the finish line a second behind him.

I appreciate the veteran racers inputs, as I am by no means any expert at drag racing. You all have alot more seat time and experience than I probably will ever have. This was my first time ever and even if I would have run a 15's, I still would have had a great time. I think this Sunday I would like to try it again. We have a local event coming up. Something about running against another Evo or a Subaru - something somewhat equally stacked I think helped me chase something and gave me my best run.

Given who is there, I might let someone drive my car... just don' break anything as I just got it back. As Scott mentioned, it was involved in a theft incident, but I have come away from it in a better position with much better tires. Now onto the legal process with him.

I'll see how it goes on Sunday. I enjoyed lining up with another fellow Evo owner.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's fine, no one is born an expert. But just practice and look into someone who is putting down the same numbers in that dyno and has gone to the 1/4 and make that your goal, or just have someone else drive your car. Just for reference I trapped 88mph in the 1/8 with a IX and two amplifiers, a sub and full weight. I dynoed 355whp on a dynojet. Good luck and keep practicing, I know I sucked at the very beginning, also what clutch are you using?
Old Dec 4, 2008, 08:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by compscibOi
Cmon guys, fight nice

I know I can hit 12.xxx - I just wanted to document and share my first ever time to the track. I wasn't dissapointed at all as I had alot of fun!!

I went, had the first experience of it all with a little help from Brian (SHhhhh) on here direction wise. Thanks Brian! The last run we had of the night was the both of us. We both sat there as a truck went down to check something on the track, I looked over and thought to myself "How cool is this?" We both left nice, but once the first shift to second came, he moved out in front nicely. The distance very slowly pulled away as I was right behind his bumper the whole way. I thoroughly enjoyed the meth flame from 3rd to 4th crossing the finish line a second behind him.

I appreciate the veteran racers inputs, as I am by no means any expert at drag racing. You all have alot more seat time and experience than I probably will ever have. This was my first time ever and even if I would have run a 15's, I still would have had a great time. I think this Sunday I would like to try it again. We have a local event coming up. Something about running against another Evo or a Subaru - something somewhat equally stacked I think helped me chase something and gave me my best run.

Given who is there, I might let someone drive my car... just don' break anything as I just got it back. As Scott mentioned, it was involved in a theft incident, but I have come away from it in a better position with much better tires. Now onto the legal process with him.

I'll see how it goes on Sunday. I enjoyed lining up with another fellow Evo owner.

Great to know youll be there Sunday.. Track should be hooking well and Air temps look to be good.. Good luck!!!
Old Dec 4, 2008, 08:24 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
That's fine, no one is born an expert. But just practice and look into someone who is putting down the same numbers in that dyno and has gone to the 1/4 and make that your goal, or just have someone else drive your car. Just for reference I trapped 88mph in the 1/8 with a IX and two amplifiers, a sub and full weight. I dynoed 355whp on a dynojet. Good luck and keep practicing, I know I sucked at the very beginning, also what clutch are you using?
I like having my own theme park ride in my garage - I love launching the car. I just think how hard that is on the trans - but it was still fun!!

My clutch is an ACT 6 puck street. First thing I did was change that stock one out. I am very impressed with it! Other than a little clutch smell in the beginning from that first launch, it's very nice and I can't even tell I took it to the track and beat up on it last night

I just need more practice. Just an example, did we all perform like **** stars our first time? It takes practice!
Old Dec 4, 2008, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by compscibOi
Something about running against another Evo or a Subaru - something somewhat equally stacked I think helped me chase something and gave me my best run.
Competition brings out the best out of all of us. I ran my best time against a SRT8 jeep cheeroke, who was running 7.8-7.9's and it was this cool old man who is retired, probably 70+, and goes to the track everyday its open.

Quick Reply: First Night at the 1/4 Drag Strip @ OSW - Orlando, Florida