Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

First Night at the 1/4 Drag Strip @ OSW - Orlando, Florida

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2008, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by compscibOi
I like having my own theme park ride in my garage - I love launching the car. I just think how hard that is on the trans - but it was still fun!!

My clutch is an ACT 6 puck street. First thing I did was change that stock one out. I am very impressed with it! Other than a little clutch smell in the beginning from that first launch, it's very nice and I can't even tell I took it to the track and beat up on it last night

I just need more practice. Just an example, did we all perform like **** stars our first time? It takes practice!
I do the same, I sit there in my car, windows up and I actually pretend im racing, I make the sounds and everything.

The ACT is nice if you can get it to work right, and mine also smells every time I launch.

Oh we neither performed or probably "measured up" to them, If you know what I mean
Old Dec 4, 2008, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cmon guys, fight nice

I know I can hit 12.xxx - I just wanted to document and share my first ever time to the track. I wasn't dissapointed at all as I had alot of fun!!

I went, had the first experience of it all with a little help from Brian (SHhhhh) on here direction wise. Thanks Brian! The last run we had of the night was the both of us. We both sat there as a truck went down to check something on the track, I looked over and thought to myself "How cool is this?" We both left nice, but once the first shift to second came, he moved out in front nicely. The distance very slowly pulled away as I was right behind his bumper the whole way. I thoroughly enjoyed the meth flame from 3rd to 4th crossing the finish line a second behind him.

I appreciate the veteran racers inputs, as I am by no means any expert at drag racing. You all have alot more seat time and experience than I probably will ever have. This was my first time ever and even if I would have run a 15's, I still would have had a great time. I think this Sunday I would like to try it again. We have a local event coming up. Something about running against another Evo or a Subaru - something somewhat equally stacked I think helped me chase something and gave me my best run.

Given who is there, I might let someone drive my car... just don' break anything as I just got it back. As Scott mentioned, it was involved in a theft incident, but I have come away from it in a better position with much better tires. Now onto the legal process with him.

I'll see how it goes on Sunday. I enjoyed lining up with another fellow Evo owner.

Let me know if you'd like me to make a pass or two. I'm two hours away from Orlando so I'd need advanced notice if your interested.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 08:32 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
I do the same, I sit there in my car, windows up and I actually pretend im racing, I make the sounds and everything.
Like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtG6N4WXFGI
Old Dec 4, 2008, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Just like that, I actually started doing it after I saw that video That guy is too funny, at work I do it all the time and I force my co-workers to "be the BOV" or "The boost" because I cant make two sounds at the same time like he does.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 08:52 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 9sec9
Scott, I don't know if I'd put my old map into anything but my worst enemies car. Your early mivec map certainly got me going the right direction. No doubt about it. I just wish you had discouraged me from pursuiting the modding. I could have saved over 200K between both cars, trailer, backup engines, trans, diffs, TC, tools, trips, lodging, wheels, tires, entry fees, etc, etc. You didn't do me any favors is what I'm trying to say.
You've definately made large strides over time and we're happy for your success!

The modding is a disease I have personally suffered from for the last 14 years

I wouldn't be the best person to help you from yourself there.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 06:00 AM
Former Sponsor

With that kind of power it should back half stronger. When you get it figured out is should be a pretty quick car.

I only have four passes on my car total and it was the first time driving an AWD at the strip. For reference it was with stock boost levels. There is no MBC or EBC the whole car is as it came from the factory except for the tune, dog bed in the front seat, and Buschur's underhood shifter bushings. Huge difference in feel with those.

I spoke with 9sec9 last night, 12.60's should be possible with only a MBC and a tune with OE tires on a IX.

Keep on going to the track with all the mods you have the thing should be a bullet. Good Luck, Indy
Old Dec 5, 2008, 06:35 AM
Account Disabled

good first effort and what's important is that you had a good time and came away with more experience. It's easy to see in your spreadsheet that the 60'/launch is extremely important to having a good e.t.

good luck at your next outing {thumbup**

This was my first trip to the 1/4 drag strip ever. I finally have basic performance upgrades and some nice grippy BFG KDW2 tires. One thing I learned is that I really enjoy ripping out of the hole in the Evo off the line. That and the track grips well compared to the street. I didn't hit what I was shooting for... I would have liked to cut a 12.xxx second pass, but with more seat time, I think I can get there.

-Daily Driven Evo IX tuning thread.
-Stock Turbo @ 24.4 psi. I am tuned up to 27lbs, but the peak was at 24.4 - 24.6 all night for some reason.

Here are my 4 passes all on 93 pump.

Advice and input please, aside from being a n00b
Old Dec 5, 2008, 06:52 AM
Account Disabled

Its a 12.4 or better car with driver. It is also notabble that it was tuned in the summer and now its winter.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 07:19 AM
Account Disabled

I agree, most of my customers need 112mph traps to run 12.5 because their 60' and shifting isn't quick enough etc... having the power is only a small part of the equation.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 01:40 PM

couple more passes, and youll get it down. smash those gears!
Old Dec 7, 2008, 10:21 PM
Account Disabled

Chad you sneaky man Thats cool to see you out there running , I'll be out there myself this coming week hit me up again .

Old Dec 8, 2008, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Do you have any videos? Your fastest time matches up pretty closely to my stock timeslip
Old Dec 8, 2008, 07:48 AM
Account Disabled

really good numbers for your 1st time out ..
my first time back out i only got a 12.0 with 557 hp.. but with more seat time you will get better
Old Dec 9, 2008, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Something seems off and its not 100% driving thats to blame. He should be trapping higher with those mods and hp numbers.
Old Dec 9, 2008, 07:56 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by 596736
Something seems off and its not 100% driving thats to blame. He should be trapping higher with those mods and hp numbers.

Chad comes from a FWD Celica and this is his first time at the track so maybe he let off soon and thus why the lower mph ? I'm sure with some more runs we'll see some much better numbers .

Quick Reply: First Night at the 1/4 Drag Strip @ OSW - Orlando, Florida