Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Bone Stock Evo IX w/flash - 12.1 (vid)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2009, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im not trying to contribute in this thread since its worthless and pointless....i was trying to add some humor..lmao
Old Apr 2, 2009, 01:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by nitz
i can give you a couple reasons why the clutches might be holding up just a little better. we don't ride/slip stock clutches and the cars don't come with a 5500rpm stationary limit. you can actually here it in the video bouncing off a very high limit which is set at 7969 from the factory. boy that's up there and can come down a bit. we tend to stay off the track if any VHT is laid down since the oem clutch can't take that. the factory clutch is gentle enough to let you dump it on a non-VHT surface without any damage since it's slips ever so slightly on it's own and traction is limited. you get lots more wheel spin, a poor 60ft, but the clutch is saved. slipping stock clutches kills them in no time.
That makes sense and is cool they hold up better than the usdm. Either way, congrats. 12.1 for minimal mods is impressive regardless. It looks stock, sounds stock, and runs very well.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

ohhh hahahah hahaha.....keep your day job

Originally Posted by justa4banger
im not trying to contribute in this thread since its worthless and pointless....i was trying to add some humor..lmao
Old Oct 5, 2009, 05:30 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dbsears
Timeslip?

I think their are some serious details missing here. There is no way in hell a stock IX with just a flash ran a 12.1. Is that a FQ model? Did the flash raise the boost significantly? Was it ran on race gas? That track looks a little odd too. Not taking away from it but need some more details before claiming it runs what most full bolt on evo's run.
+1
Old Oct 5, 2009, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

Damn, wish i could run that. Nice videos though.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by illmatic165
+1
I posted the slip earlier in this thread but my server I hosted the image on is down.

Let me try to attach it to this post... ok done.
Attached Thumbnails Bone Stock Evo IX w/flash - 12.1 (vid)-img_2050.jpg  
Old Nov 6, 2009, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Well,

Let me take a little time off my work day to contribute to this thread since I just discovered it. Toufik is one of Antigua's best drivers yes, but come on anyone can win races when the equipment they are using is superior to what else is being raced. Lets remember back to when a Certain Subaru put a ***** in Toufiks armour not too long ago. Now I am DIE HARD EVOboy through and through but you guys really need to take this S..T talking down a notch.

The other thing is I can't believe all this time you guys were saying he was running stock with a FLASH. Our gas grade from the pump is supposed to be near dirt so any high octane level boost is an advantage. MY car makes nearly 30more WHP on an octane booster measured via GTECH I know some may scoff at that but those are the difference in HP numbers I see using the only device I have to measure on.

Last but not least, The bleeding clock at the track has not been working much at all this year. I spent several nights at the track trying to get both a Gtech time and a track light time to compare the difference, but have had little success. In MY opinion the track is down hill for the first 60 or so. When at the line you have to pull up the hand lever to stop the car from rolling forward. I never had to do that at ORLANDO SPEED WORLD. NEVER!!

For the US guys, you have to remember we are at Sea level so our air is more dense and I know around January when the air temps at night fall to the low 70s high 60s my car feels like a beast!!! That dense cold air makes the world of a difference.

We have some big races coming up and I know alot of guys have been setting up their cars so I hope everyone that wants to take the "title" shows up and runs. I was hoping to set up my car for a 12flat pass but sadly the new wife has changed those plans

See you guys at the track,

WADAD
Old Nov 6, 2009, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Who the hell are you?

The times at our track in Antigua have never been questioned. We have two R35's, one did 12.1 and the other after many, many passes finally clicked off an 11.6. Stock Evo's do mid to high 13's. MR-2's, Subies, and every other make and model all run times which make sense. Nobody has every thought our track is generous.

Yes the track is uneven, which makes it worse and your times slower! Try doing 130+ over an uneven hump in the road.

As I said before, if anyone questions a stock IX with ZERO parts, a flash, and some race gas can't run a 12.1 well that is your perogative. But I suggest you look at 9sec9 and IndyEvo.. I think they are at 11.6 with 3 parts and stock exhaust? Do the math!
Old Nov 6, 2009, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

And your best time is a 13.2 at the track here in Antigua and you are saying it reads fast? So what would your time be if you are at a proper track like Orlanda Speed World? 14 sumpin?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Carloverx
lol, do you guys know how good of a driver this guy is??? He's been street racing for years!!! He's not pro but if he was, he'd be number one for sure!!1!!1!!!!. His car was tuned for 15lbs of boost to help reliability but he's such a good driver, he ran an 12.0 making 198whp.
you have got to be kidding me,only 15 PSI with race gas hahaha
Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
I ran that 11.0 with a mid 1.6 60ft and a 10.8 with a 1.57 60ft. All that aside, and I'm going to hate myself in the morning for saying this but, I agree with Most Wanted. The numbers do not add up at all. Even if your friend did somehow manage to gain 70whp from a pump/race gas mix + tune he would still need to be well into the 1.6 60ft range to achieve a 12.1 with only a 112mph trap speed.
agreed

and crcain,please learn how to multiquote
Old Nov 6, 2009, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crcain
And your best time is a 13.2 at the track here in Antigua and you are saying it reads fast? So what would your time be if you are at a proper track like Orlanda Speed World? 14 sumpin?
That is the exact mentality that I am speaking about....I used to run 16.4 secs in my USDM NA lancer at Orlando Speedworld. Does it negate that the track has a slight down hill at the start in Antigua NO!. Now I own a much slower Evo than you guys are driving but it doesn't mean I don't know what I am talking about. It gets me to work every day which is more than I can say for some of the part busting runs you guys have put up to get your low times. And that 13.2 is on the Gtech the last time I got a time from the Antigua track on 12psi the car ran 13.5. I can't prove it but I think it's already a 12 sec Evo but who cares. The clock never works and its becoming painfully clear that going up there to test is a waste of time because it never does work.

The real reason I came in here is that you guys are spreading FALSE information.

When you gonna talk about a WHOLE nation of drivers be sure that none of us are on this board.

Toufik is a great driver and I am not doubting that but please you do not have the proof to say he is the BEST. Machine for Machine a drivers race he has been beaten.

WADAD
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Haven't had one of these little spats on the board in a while but I forgot to say.

Please...if I am wrong about the incline or decline as it is, next time you pull up to the starting line take your foot off the brake and tell me that your car does not roll forward.

Say it isn't so.

I hope they fix all that with the new developments going on at the track. Atleast the corner at the end they are removing. Then you guys can go all out for your 9's

WADAD
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

I can't even figure out what your point is... yes the right lane tends to want to roll the car forward on the start lane, the left lane doesn't.. so what does that mean? The right lane is downhill but the left isn't? The track is uneven in many spots. Who is arguing with that? It's a crap track. But in the 10 years of that tracks existence nobody has questioned the times it puts out.

It's convenient you come on here complaining about it's inaccuracy yet you have times recorded from it all over your signature. Give me a break.

You suggest there is false information is in this thread? What specifically have I said that is false?
Old Nov 6, 2009, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crcain
I can't even figure out what your point is... yes the right lane tends to want to roll the car forward on the start lane, the left lane doesn't.. so what does that mean? The right lane is downhill but the left isn't? The track is uneven in many spots. Who is arguing with that? It's a crap track. But in the 10 years of that tracks existence nobody has questioned the times it puts out.

It's convenient you come on here complaining about it's inaccuracy yet you have times recorded from it all over your signature. Give me a break.

You suggest there is false information is in this thread? What specifically have I said that is false?
Ok this is my last post on this since you want to play the statistician and use the numbers as you see fit.

I have always taken my actual track numbers with a grain of salt here. The track conditions have worsened significantly over the 3 years I have been back home.

The trackbite that used to be put down on a regular basis gave the track some grip after race days and I used to cut good 60 foots for the power level I was running at the time. Now that the track is full of dirt and is slick on street tires you cannot get the grip to get the low 60 foot times that people used to see.
The clock has proven to be unreliable. I have 2 slips with 1.4 60 foot times. The whole world says that a car that runs 99-101 in the 1/4 cannot possibly produce enough power to cut a 1.4 60 foot. To add to that the first part of the track is running down hill. When I get some time I will walk to the bottom of the hill and post up a vid of the incline. Sure there are humps in the middle and maybe they slow things down a bit however the first 60 feet of the track is down hill.

Lastly,

I did not appreciate you guys coming on here and claiming who is the best driver on the Island etc. That was really the point of my whole rant. Most of the successes of the camp have been down to the equipment that was used. We all know in this game you are as fast as the money you want to spend. As the saying goes you gotta pay to play. Now that there are more people spending we should see who the best drivers are with a more level playing field.

You see what I'm saying.

I'm not the best driver but thats a bold claim you made to say he is.

Take care...

WADAD
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Ok bud.. I think I get where you are coming from.

You don't like that I think Toufik is the best driver in our little island.. that's cool I appreciate that opinion. But I don't appreciate trying to discredit the times our track puts out. C'iest la vie.

I have a vbox and I'll do a log running down the track and we can see exactly how downhill the track is. I can promise you if the first 330 go downhill a couple feet, the last part of the track goes uphill more.

Quick Reply: Bone Stock Evo IX w/flash - 12.1 (vid)