Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Bone Stock Evo IX w/flash - 12.1 (vid)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2009, 03:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well,

I got some phone calls yesterday from suspecting members of Antiguastreetz that it was me spreading blasphemy on the internet. I joined up today so hopefully I can shed some light on what it is I am saying. There is nothing unpatriotic about what I have said. Waiting on the confimation email to come in so I can finally post.

WADAD

Oh and forgot to say, I did not join up here just to trash on this post. I have been a member of this board since early 2002. I have run across posts from you here and there but this one I felt needed to be commented on.

Last edited by WADADLIG_OZ; Nov 7, 2009 at 03:55 AM.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 04:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i want a yellow IX
Old Nov 7, 2009, 04:35 AM
Evolving Member

It definitely helps when the first 1/2 of your strip is downhill at a pretty steep grade....about 10-15degrees judging that the fenceline is level.

I know even the tailwind at my hometown track has contributed to some of the driver's fastest NHRA times.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 05:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cornercarver
It definitely helps when the first 1/2 of your strip is downhill at a pretty steep grade....about 10-15degrees judging that the fenceline is level.

I know even the tailwind at my hometown track has contributed to some of the driver's fastest NHRA times.
I did not want to mention the fenceline until I measured it.
That could just be how the builder staggered the fence.

But anyway, speaking fact is not intended to bring down racing in Antigua.

WADAD
Old Nov 7, 2009, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last edited by LI Pinky; Nov 7, 2009 at 05:11 AM.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 01:07 PM

DEFENDING ANTIGUA and the real information about the car:
1. The clock in ANTIGUA is VERY ACCURATE, like any track its not perfect so record times have to be backed up.
2. The car was not bought new from the show room, it was bought used from an auction in Japan, therefore there is no way to say what was done to the, car before it arrived in Antigua.
3. Upon very close inspection the turbo is not factory stock.
4. The cars first time slip read 13.3, then a few weeks later it ran 12.7.
5. The 12.7 was claimed to be on pump fuel, completely BONE STOCK, and no flash, on our local forum, as now stated by his team members/tuners on this forum the 12.7 was on a met/pump gas mix, then the 12.1.
6. The 12.1 was also claimed to be on a completely factory stock , no tune, no mods and pump fuel (91 oct) on our local forum, the claimed reason for the time on this BONE STOCK evo was it has the WORLDS BEST EVO DRIVER, his friends on the forum believed this and the Claim of this Paper Champion driver was born, this all grew from LIES on our local forum. As now stated by his Team member/tuner again on this forum the 12.1 was done with the following MODS and FUEL, here is some more detailed info.

- a methanol product (mostly methanol) is added at a ratio of 3:1 pump:methanol. this leans the car out by 1 point so it runs low 11's instead of low 10's up top
- wastegate duty tables were adjusted so that boost now spikes to 25psi and holds 21/22psi as opposed to 22 spike and hold 17 before flashing as verified by the jdm map sensor
- mivec tables were adjusted up top
- 2 degrees were added up top on the main ignition table
7. No one is disputing that the car has run 12.1 backed up, but the claim of it being BONE STOCK, on PUMP FUEL, with NO FLASH is FALSE and that is what is stated on our local forum, I am relieved that the wannabe big fish on our island, that is spreading lies, has now jumped out of the small pond, and into the big sea, where they are bigger fish that can call them on their BULL****.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Hahaha oh my god this is hilarious.

For anyone outside of Antigua actually reading this nonsense, let me explain. Me and a few of my close friends have a "team" in the loosest sense of the word, and we all drive Evos. We beat up on just about every street car in Antigua, and I guess you can see there is some jealous people down here

I could absolutely care less what anyone believes. Yes the track drops down a few feet in the first half, it then goes back up a bit more. It's a non-issue. We have an ae86 drag car which did 9.1 here and then went and did 8's outside of Antigua. Time and again it's proven our track puts out lower times than most other well prep'd tracks.

And finally, if you don't believe you can put race gas in an Evo IX with zero parts and run 12.1 with a flash, no problem! I'm not out to convince anyone. But before you don't believe it, give it a try because you might be surprised.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

I took alot of flack for your posting on Antigua Streez and joined up there to face the heat.

There is alot I want to say right now but I will save it.

WADAD
Old Nov 9, 2009, 06:36 PM

i am antiguan, and i am 100% sure the turbo is factory stock on that car and no i am not one of their teammates... and yes there are a lot of jealous people in antigua who have nothing better to do with their time than post lies on here about that car not being stock just to try to drag people into the gutter with them.

no WADAD im not talkin about you but this person claiming that the turbo isnt stock ..

i have heard the rumor going around in antigua before from people who dont like toufik that the turbo is not stock, but that is only coming from people who (like i said dont like toufik and) never looked under the hood of that car ...

BUT WADAD it is 100% true that people ship their cars off island and usually get a better time at tracks in other countries than they get here at our local strip where the 12.1 was put down

cain you should get an independent party to come inspect the turbo so no one can dispute that its stock

and no i dont think toufik is the best driver on the island... i am
Old Sep 7, 2010, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

I can't believe this BS was nearly a year ago....

Just wanted to come in and post that despite our differences wishing CRCAIN a full recovery.

His 10 sec Evo 6 was totaled about a week and a half ago while he was a passenger. He suffered some serious life threatening injuries. At the end of the day we are all Evo lovers. He was airlifted out to seek further medical treatment.

Good luck bro. Despite our differences you helped to keep the racing scene moving along in Antigua.

WADAD
Old Sep 7, 2010, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I only came in here to see what CRCAIN was rambling about-LOL... But instead was shocked to hear he has been injured. I wish him the best of luck and speedy recovery... If anyone here will see him please tell him Most Wanted is sending him best wishes from the US. Get well soon....

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Sep 7, 2010 at 03:28 PM.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Nice! Could barely hear the car on the solo run lol!
Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Worst 'track' ever. And I use the term track loosely. I wouldn't bother standing behind any ETA generated there. You want to brag, go to a track, not a side street with some time clock equipment plopped on it.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

praying for another car lover here
Old Sep 10, 2010, 06:23 AM
mjk

wow, this thread was one wild ride. best of luck to crain.

Quick Reply: Bone Stock Evo IX w/flash - 12.1 (vid)