Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

TTP Tuned FP Red at the Track

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2009, 12:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me make this clear again for the ones that dont read the prior posts.

a. This was done on the street tune which is 5psi less. Not the 550hp tune.
b. Everything was in the car. No weight reduction. I just dropped the tire pressure to 26lbs on my all season tires.
c. Stock IX Gears with redline set at around 8k. No use on shifting to 5th because of bad synchro.

I will go back to the track once we get this couple of things figured out.

A heavy car will not trap the same a lighter car due to the power to weight ratio. Having the wrong gearing will also the Trap speed specially if you are held back by Rpm/gearing. No sense on comparing cars if they don't have the same setup.
Old May 17, 2009, 01:10 AM
Former Sponsor

i read it all, but with all things considered, something is off.
Old May 17, 2009, 06:38 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by diiirk
Hmmm, in another thread you said the following:

386whp ran 11.01@126mph.
537whp ran 10.3@133mph.

Shouldnt this car be trapping like 135+ with that power and without the gears getting in the way?
Nope. Its running 5psi less than the dynoed 550whp and was detuned for the street. It is heavier than a stock car and has oversized wheels and tires.

537whp car is running Evo 8 gears.
Old May 17, 2009, 09:36 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Evo2wIsh4
I shifted to 5th on the 3rd run and noticed the MPH drop. All the other runs I stayed in 4th but was bouncing off the limiter a couple of times before crossing the line. You have the Shep trans and thats a day and night difference because of the gearing, specially the 4th gear. Stock IX 4th gear is only good for about 122mph at 8k rpm. I guess thats my next mod.

On the power side. Like I said earlier, I am driving my street tune which is 5 psi less than the 550Hp tune.
well , even when i did have evo ix stock trans , i never shifted to 5th ... hold 4th ..stretch the gears out to about 8k rpm every gear ...you should be fine
Old May 17, 2009, 11:27 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Evo2wIsh4
Let me make this clear again for the ones that dont read the prior posts.

a. This was done on the street tune which is 5psi less. Not the 550hp tune.
b. Everything was in the car. No weight reduction. I just dropped the tire pressure to 26lbs on my all season tires.
c. Stock IX Gears with redline set at around 8k. No use on shifting to 5th because of bad synchro.

I will go back to the track once we get this couple of things figured out.

A heavy car will not trap the same a lighter car due to the power to weight ratio. Having the wrong gearing will also the Trap speed specially if you are held back by Rpm/gearing. No sense on comparing cars if they don't have the same setup.
Its comical that you don't see these haters posting in Ryu, Most-Wanted's threads, even though they were tuned on the same dyno with world record breaking performance.
Old May 17, 2009, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Quietly entering room as everyone is staring LOL....

Sincerely, I just wanted to say congrats on the consistent runs and making it to the track. Car sounded great.

And dont worry about the naysayers. There will always be someone who questions everything. Just have fun with the car. Everything will get better with practice and as you critique the set up. It will take time to figure out whats best for the car and your driving technique. I dont care what anyone says, a low 11 sec@122 car is a great street car... Once you get the perfect set up it will be in the 10's no problem, then even better street car

Per jdmjimi's comment, you cant just say shifting at 8 every gear will be the cure. If your power is dropping by 7500 it would be pointless to shift at 8 just to stretch the run. I shift my car always based on the peak dyno number trying to stay in the power curve. Without even looking at the logs my quick guess would be to raise the rev limiter and shift at around 7500-7700. The car has springs and retainers so you will not have any problems revving the motor. Lower tire pressure to 18-20 psi and hang on. 60's should drop enough and with the other changes 10's will be easy. Good luck and keep us updated.
Old May 17, 2009, 03:16 PM
Account Disabled

great set up car runs nice
Old May 17, 2009, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Shifting to 5th will always kill your mph...alot of those super fast street cars have weight reductions posted or undisclosed. Your car is moving great, great runs.
Old May 17, 2009, 05:32 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Most-Wanted

Sincerely, I just wanted to say congrats on the consistent runs and making it to the track. Car sounded great.

And dont worry about the naysayers. There will always be someone who questions everything. Just have fun with the car. Everything will get better with practice and as you critique the set up. It will take time to figure out whats best for the car and your driving technique. I dont care what anyone says, a low 11 sec@122 car is a great street car... Once you get the perfect set up it will be in the 10's no problem, then even better street car

Per jdmjimi's comment, you cant just say shifting at 8 every gear will be the cure. If your power is dropping by 7500 it would be pointless to shift at 8 just to stretch the run. I shift my car always based on the peak dyno number trying to stay in the power curve. Without even looking at the logs my quick guess would be to raise the rev limiter and shift at around 7500-7700. The car has springs and retainers so you will not have any problems revving the motor. Lower tire pressure to 18-20 psi and hang on. 60's should drop enough and with the other changes 10's will be easy. Good luck and keep us updated.
Spoken by someone with a substantial amount of experience under their belt. Thanks for the input Brian.

Felix stated specifically to us that we was going to run the car full weight on purpose to see how it does. We would like to remove his limitations, have him try it again before making any changes.

Yes, Brian you were responding to someone with a 6262, not a stock turbo EvoRed like yourself and Evo2wish4. Somehow he thinks his AEM standalone powered 6262 on racefuel with Evo8 geared ShepTrans shifting advice would in any way apply towards driving the EvoRed. This is certainly not the case.
Old May 17, 2009, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Spoken by someone with a substantial amount of experience under their belt. Thanks for the input Brian.

Felix stated specifically to us that we was going to run the car full weight on purpose to see how it does. We would like to remove his limitations, have him try it again before making any changes.

Yes, Brian you were responding to someone with a 6262, not a stock turbo EvoRed like yourself and Evo2wish4. Somehow he thinks his AEM standalone powered 6262 on racefuel with Evo8 geared ShepTrans shifting advice would in any way apply towards driving the EvoRed. This is certainly not the case.
Add these to the shopping list along with the safety equipment
Old May 17, 2009, 06:10 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by KidEvo
Add these to the shopping list along with the safety equipment
He does not need a standalone ECU. If he had enough turbo, we would be making 700whp+ on stock ECU.
Old May 17, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering

NP, if it is daily driven at all I'd leave it stock weight or at least close to it. Once you start going lighter it becomes an addiction and then nuisance problems begin. I have learned alot over the last 6 months. Stock glass is even back in front and rear and am using a full size battery now My car is obviously set up for a different reason, but Felix is doing it right. Leave it reasonable because the massive weight reductions are not worth the headache later. Not to mention the reduction in comfort. I know you'll get him dialed in...
Old May 17, 2009, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you guys for all the Props and Advice. I will consider all of the positive feedback and driving techniques.

My Goal with this car is not to be the a drag car or to be the fastest but I want to be able to hit 10s on street trim. I love the fact that I can drive this car every single day and still have enough power to really have fun with the car.

I will get with Scott and make the adjustments necessary to reach my goal.
Old May 18, 2009, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Felix, try shifting at 7700-7800rpms and just work on that 1st to 2nd shift. After you raise the rev limiter to 8700rpms even on the Evo 9 short 4th gear the car will definitely be capable of 10's on your current tires.
Old May 18, 2009, 06:00 AM
Account Disabled

Excellent video's Felix. Grocery getting low 11 sec. Evo FTW!

Quick Reply: TTP Tuned FP Red at the Track