Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

AWD Motorsports/Buschur Racing bring you the reward on the 9s or quicker competition!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
AWD Motorsports/Buschur Racing bring you the reward on the 9s or quicker competition!

AWD Motorsports and Buschur Racing have combined their efforts to bring you the reward on the 9's or quicker competition. We really want to bring the community together with this competition and be a part of it like the great 8 second competition! It's time to unite!

The rules are going to be simple and clear from the beginning, here they are:

1. Must run BR COP, BR FMIC, BR engine and BR head, AWD Motorsports FF turbo kit, BR turbo kit, AWD Motorsports driveshaft or a BR double pumper that was bought new from one of our shops. You only need to run ONE of those parts on the car to qualify to be on the list.

2. Car can not have run a 9 second or quicker pass before under any ownership unless it was done by another "hired" driver other than the car owner. Then we will allow the CAR OWNER to drive his own car and be eligible.

3. NO rules on safety requirements. If you are as dumb as we are and don't want to run safety equipment, welcome to our club.

4. A copy of the time slip must be submitted here in this thread.

5. There are no other rules.

We will each be giving away a $250 in shop credit to be used at each of our shops or they can be combined to be used at just one of our shops. This will be given to the next person to break into the 9's that fits the simple rules above.

For EVERY single person who runs 9's after that in 2009 we will each give a $100 in shop credit to you. This can also be used in each of our shops or combined to use with just one of us.

We will also be giving away a free BR 9 second club T-shirt to each person who makes the list.

Last edited by David Buschur; Aug 16, 2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Dave for Taking the time out to create this thread.. We would love to see these cars at the next months Buschur Shootout.. I will personally hand out an additional $100.00 gift certificate to every Evo to Run 9's in the Buschur Shootout under these rules!!!

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; Jul 17, 2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

NICE! Always looking for a way to step it up a notch aren't you! I will match that extra $100 for any car that breaks into the next barrier at the shootout myself. So anyone running 9's or 8's for the first time at the Shootout will get an extra $200.
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow--talk about an economic stimulus package!! That is a great incentive you guys are offering! I am sure this is going to result in a lot of competition and in return business for your shops! Great idea!
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sEvoIXnTurboS2k
Wow--talk about an economic stimulus package!! That is a great incentive you guys are offering! I am sure this is going to result in a lot of competition and in return business for your shops! Great idea!
Thanks for the Support.. As you know the sport we are all addicted to isnt cheap.. Every little bit we can offer along the way to reaching your 9 second goals helps, right??

Mike
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Glad to see another vendor stepping up to help motivate the community. It looks like my plan to stimulate the Evo community has worked.

Good luck
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Nicely done guys.

Bring it on!!!!!!
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SparkTech
Glad to see another vendor stepping up to help motivate the community. It looks like my plan to stimulate the Evo community has worked.

Good luck
We stepped up early on this year to help motivate the community with the Buschur Shootout and nearly $10,000.00 in payouts.. This was just added incentive.. Thanks!!

Mike
Old Jul 17, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Awesome guys, way to step up for the community
I just wish I was anywhere in the vicinity of running a 9 and competing in this
Old Jul 17, 2009, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, Sparktech, your plan did work, thank you so much for being such an asset to the community, you are an inspiration to us all. Thank you!!
Old Jul 17, 2009, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

What if the owner never ran a 9 sec......oh who the hell am I kidding, I'll never get my own car into the 9's!
Old Jul 17, 2009, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

That's a good question Mr Slorice, glad you asked and brought that up. There are quite a few people who require the services of a professional driver. It would be nice to see some of the owners of these bad *** vehicles drive them into the 9's or 8's themselves. I will modify the rules above to make that happen. Thank you so much for your input
Old Jul 17, 2009, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Thanks for the Support.. As you know the sport we are all addicted to isnt cheap.. Every little bit we can offer along the way to reaching your 9 second goals helps, right??

Mike
Most definitely! It is a win-win situation for us all!
Old Jul 17, 2009, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Looks like I'm giving Trent my helmet and a booster seat then so he looks like me!
Old Jul 17, 2009, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SloRice
Looks like I'm giving Trent my helmet and a booster seat then so he looks like me!
not that i care but i think a rule should be. you own the car you drive the car.

Quick Reply: AWD Motorsports/Buschur Racing bring you the reward on the 9s or quicker competition!