Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

STM sponsored NeonGLH Evo goes 11.256 @ 122.26!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2009, 09:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice time and trap. Congrats
Old Sep 9, 2009, 09:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats again Mark!!
Your Evo looks absolutely delicious!

Here's a few pics I snapped today:

This was supposed to be a sweet picture of crinkled Hoosiers... but you were OUT with that 1.507!

Great night.

Shawna
Old Sep 9, 2009, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks Shawna, excellent pictures! I can't wait to see the video's. The second launch was pretty crazy!

I wish I could have gotten a crowd shot of my second burnout. I saw a group of guys flip out, and and point at my car as it was going sideways. Their faces were priceless
Old Sep 9, 2009, 09:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
There was a group of guys behind me all about the rwd burnouts... the last 2 times your car was up... they all started talking about how important the first 60' of the race is... You certainly made an impression.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Grats dude! I guess I'm gonna be out I think I broke the tranny tonight and with no sponcer I think I'm done for the year. Remember I'm on street tires. It axle hopped and well I drove it home but there's a noise that wasn't there before.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 11:58 PM
Evolved Member

Just a quick question...since when is 100 octane "pump gas"?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 01:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BURNALL_4
Just a quick question...since when is 100 octane "pump gas"?
You can get Sunoco 100 octane at few Sunoco gas stations straight from the pump.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 01:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by neonglh
Nope, it's a regular loaded '03 with sunroof and power locks/windows. I cut a lot of weight with brakes, suspension, wheels/tires, and then did all of the weight loss tricks I could do all throughout the car. PM me sometime if you want to talk weight loss, I can set you in the right direction
Does any of the weight reduction invole removing the A/C?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

congrats man thats an awesome time
Old Sep 10, 2009, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Burnall4, sorry to hear about your problem, hope it is nothing serious. And yeah, it's not 93 octane, but I get my gas from the gas station right next to my house, from the pump Delta Sonic baby! I don't know what constitutes for race gas and pump gas, so I don't brag too much, but I do know everyone else faster than me is using either E85 or meth, so it's kinda cool to do it on a gas I get from the pump.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Burnall4, sorry to hear about your problem, hope it is nothing serious. And yeah, it's not 93 octane, but I get my gas from the gas station right next to my house, from the pump Delta Sonic baby! I don't know what constitutes for race gas and pump gas, so I don't brag too much, but I do know everyone else faster than me is using either E85 or meth, so it's kinda cool to do it on a gas I get from the pump.
very nice. good run. looks like im going to have to hit the track one more time. darn you. you beat me out by .03 on the et. got you big time on the mph tho . just giving ya a hard time. i may have to step it up to a 9 turbo now. Not sure about the availability of e85 in your area, but id look into it. you have a 10 sec ride for sure. good stuff bro.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

I get my e85 from a pump
Old Sep 10, 2009, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

I am not bragging any pump gas records, I was just answering burnall4's questions. I am very happy with my 5th place ET and 6th place MPH

I would like to go E85, I was just seeing how well I could do with the stock injectors. Over the winter I will be building my motor, going larger injectors, and running E85 all the time. We have a gas station about a mile from me that sells it, so might as well use it!

I definitely have 10's in my current setup. Although my car is light, I haven't done much aero stuff yet. I still need to block off my vents in the front bumper, build under trays, run a better cold air intake setup (I am just using the Buschur speed density intake currently), and tons of tricks up my sleeve.

Thanks for the props though!

--mark
Old Sep 10, 2009, 07:19 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Does the car wander much going down the track on slicks? First time I ran ET Streets on another car I was really struck by the reduced steering precision and floaty feel on the big end.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

I am not bragging any pump gas records, I was just answering burnall4's questions. I am very happy with my 5th place ET and 6th place MPH

I would like to go E85, I was just seeing how well I could do with the stock injectors. Over the winter I will be building my motor, going larger injectors, and running E85 all the time. We have a gas station about a mile from me that sells it, so might as well use it!

I definitely have 10's in my current setup. Although my car is light, I haven't done much aero stuff yet. I still need to block off my vents in the front bumper, build under trays, run a better cold air intake setup (I am just using the Buschur speed density intake currently), and tons of tricks up my sleeve.

Thanks for the props though!

--mark
very kul. your car looks sick as hell on those slicks too. best color evo out also ( ok, im a little bias)

Quick Reply: STM sponsored NeonGLH Evo goes 11.256 @ 122.26!