Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

CWILL/ASAP Performance 9.43@150

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2009 | 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SparkTech
Glad to hear about the positives so far. ...It will only take 9secs to eat this meal
That's what I think! too.
Old Oct 12, 2009 | 08:02 AM

I have a question for Indy, Tom and Spark tech and please do not take this hate. Cwills car if i am correct has NO CAGE, NO CHUTE, NO Safety Equipment and he is running 9.4 like that. It was not long ago David Buschur was scorned for allowing Kevin to drive his car like that in the low 9's. what has changed since then? Why the change of heart on racing without the safety equipment to protect the sponsored racer. The Sparktech bounty would not even allow the unsafe racer to participate but this sponsored vehicle is ok? What is your take on this Tom, Indy and ST? Im only curious to know what separates Dave Buschur from Cwill as far as racing an unsafe car goes. Id also like to say Congrats to Cwill the car is very very quick. Good luck man and get the cage so you can stay safe!!!!!!!
Old Oct 12, 2009 | 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

^^^
I dont see where the question is going, maybe you could have pm'd them about it instead of putting it up on Cwills thread Either way i dont know the deal with the problem before but now maybe half of the quickest 8-9sec evos are running with no safety equipment. this is anyways
Old Oct 12, 2009 | 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
^^^
I dont see where the question is going, maybe you could have pm'd them about it instead of putting it up on Cwills thread Either way i dont know the deal with the problem before but now maybe half of the quickest 8-9sec evos are running with no safety equipment. this is anyways

Its not off topic. Its legit if you ask me. Sparktech, Indy and 9sec9 were all for "SAFETY FIRST". Now since Cwill (who they support as its TOTALLY clear by posts in here) is running good they dont mention a word about, but in the bounty thread Craig (from Sparktech) told David (Buschur) that his car did not qualify for the bounty as "we are all about safety and having a LEGIT race car." So in fact... this is not really Cwill's thread directly as Sparktech started it so it is relevant for the public to know why he and the others are supporting a car going this speed without safety equipment when in the past others were ridiculed for it.
Old Oct 12, 2009 | 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Personally, I think Cwill's car is cool and he did a good job with it, but I'm all about not putting a cage in a nice EVO!
Old Oct 12, 2009 | 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by heybudddy
I have a question for Indy, Tom and Spark tech and please do not take this hate. Cwills car if i am correct has NO CAGE, NO CHUTE, NO Safety Equipment and he is running 9.4 like that. It was not long ago David Buschur was scorned for allowing Kevin to drive his car like that in the low 9's. what has changed since then? Why the change of heart on racing without the safety equipment to protect the sponsored racer. The Sparktech bounty would not even allow the unsafe racer to participate but this sponsored vehicle is ok? What is your take on this Tom, Indy and ST? Im only curious to know what separates Dave Buschur from Cwill as far as racing an unsafe car goes. Id also like to say Congrats to Cwill the car is very very quick. Good luck man and get the cage so you can stay safe!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by BLKLIST
Its not off topic. Its legit if you ask me. Sparktech, Indy and 9sec9 were all for "SAFETY FIRST". Now since Cwill (who they support as its TOTALLY clear by posts in here) is running good they dont mention a word about, but in the bounty thread Craig (from Sparktech) told David (Buschur) that his car did not qualify for the bounty as "we are all about safety and having a LEGIT race car." So in fact... this is not really Cwill's thread directly as Sparktech started it so it is relevant for the public to know why he and the others are supporting a car going this speed without safety equipment when in the past others were ridiculed for it.
Let's not sling mudd in this great thread of CWill's no need for that at all!

Keep in mind here guys CWill was not in any sort of bounty hunt where rules were put forth..........now the fact of him competeing at that event is up to the event organizers and their specific track rules and how they enforce them.
Old Oct 12, 2009 | 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Great run man and on a side note the car looks great
Old Oct 12, 2009 | 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
Let's not sling mudd in this great thread of CWill's no need for that at all!

Keep in mind here guys CWill was not in any sort of bounty hunt where rules were put forth..........now the fact of him competeing at that event is up to the event organizers and their specific track rules and how they enforce them.
You're missing the point that was brought up but then again you're an Indy/9sec9/Sparktech fan boy so of course you would say what you did and back them. The point being made is they are "praising" and backing a car that is not "safe" after they ridiculed others for the same thing they are fine with now. That makes them HYPOCRITES. That is the point I was discussing.
Old Oct 12, 2009 | 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Putting cage in your car is up to you(the owner) and if they let u race at the track w/no cage then have some fun...if you wanna discuss this make a thread about it dont post it here and BLKIST this is CWills thread about his car and he is not involved in the cage conflict that was posted between other parties, so lets not spread bad stuff in here.
Old Oct 12, 2009 | 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKLIST
You're missing the point that was brought up but then again you're an Indy/9sec9/Sparktech fan boy so of course you would say what you did and back them.

Thanks for adding even more BS
Old Oct 12, 2009 | 12:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by heybudddy
Well to put everything out there, Tom, Jim and Craig tell me everytime i race that i need a cage. Impact racing came thru with a full suit and helmet for me and 9sec9 camp has offered help to get a cage and i declined. I do not want a cage in my STREET CAR nor will i ever put one in this car. Its my choice. Not anyone elses.
On another note i have another Evo with a cage, chute, scatter shield etc. that i will be racing events with from now on, it just wasnt done yet so i took my street car.
Old Oct 12, 2009 | 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

congrats!
Which Kelfords you are running in/ex?
Do you have extended studs or spacer to clear the front brembo?
Old Oct 12, 2009 | 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7196701-post170.html

Originally Posted by SparkTech
Please read the rules and don't take my thread off topic. Put a cage in your death trap and then come back

As you know running a car at almost 160mph without at least a cage is a VERY risky undertaking....something we want NO part of.

Please don't post if you can't abide by some very simple rules.
I love this forum
Old Oct 12, 2009 | 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CULVIIIER
stop posting stuff like this, this thread is about Cwill and his pass at NSCRA NOT Sparktech vs DB
Old Oct 12, 2009 | 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CWiLL
Well to put everything out there, Tom, Jim and Craig tell me everytime i race that i need a cage. Impact racing came thru with a full suit and helmet for me and 9sec9 camp has offered help to get a cage and i declined. I do not want a cage in my STREET CAR nor will i ever put one in this car. Its my choice. Not anyone elses.
On another note i have another Evo with a cage, chute, scatter shield etc. that i will be racing events with from now on, it just wasnt done yet so i took my street car.
I completely agree. IMO a cage has no business in a street car. Congrats again on the excellent ET/MPH

Quick Reply: CWILL/ASAP Performance 9.43@150