Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Sad day for Strictly Modified Video inside

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2009, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by j14mp
why cant u just change out the fender? Is it really worth getting another car?
im sure theres a lot more damange then you can see. its tough spot to have anything fixed...and most likely you will be able to find another shell cheaper then the work.

and cisco no problem man, i deff understand i crashed my car on my own stupity and i couldnt stand people even bringing it up for months.

Last edited by ineedspots; Oct 12, 2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

wow could have been worse
Old Oct 12, 2009, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

That is so ****ty!! Im sorry Devin.....

I know the truth of the matter is that you are alright, and that really is because as we all know that could have been worse. Mid track, end of the track, different lane....

But anyone who builds a car and puts everything they have into it, money and love i hate to see it happen. Especially to such a nice guy, if there is anything you need that I could help with hit me up buddy. I know Eric has a truck and trailer to get a new shell but if you need to use mine its yours! Its not the prettiest set up but it will go anywhere especially to pick up a shell.....

Glad to hear you are alright buddy!
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

ryan, trailer my car over to strictly since your offering rides j/k

im sure my money could help them out a tad bit.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
A reporter friend keeps filming while he is helping.
Awe shucks! Guess the camera man just wasn't as crafty as you. Ya know, with his selflessness gettin in the way and all. Oh yeah that's right. Mechanics work over there at Strictly Modified, not reporters

Wow glad you're alright Devin. I'm sure you wouldn't have stepped foot on the 1320 if you didn't accept that something like this could happen. Ether way its only metal. You'll soon find another dsm (hopefully another talon) in need of a heart transplant, bust out a 9.0 and forget the crash ever happened.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 07:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Damn, where's the rest of the video!
The rest of the video is not uploaded yet . . however the other driver is recorded saying go "f*ck your self" with no remorse. Again thanks guys!

-Cisco
Old Oct 13, 2009, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

first of all, i'd like to thank everyone for their support- devin and i greatly appreciate it. i loved watching the progress of that car, and had no problem sharing devin with her lol.
its sad that she won't be in the garage again. she truly was the sickest, cleanest 2G that ever lived and had one hell of an amazing year breaking records! but you better believe that devin will continue to do what he loves and will be back with one hell of a race car!!

unfortunately there is more damage done to the car then what you can see, and to fix it all may not be worth it since there is no guarantee she'll be as reliable as she was on the track, besides cost being the biggest issue. i'm glad to hear that someone got a video of the aftermath cuz i'm no camera man - just a fiancé that was scared ****less once i saw the impact on the camera screen. that’s an image i just can’t get outta my head.

but above all, devin walked away from this cuz we all know how much worse it could've been. i am truly thankful for that and the support that everyone has shown on so many different forums. he had an angel watching over him cuz we all know that cars can be replaced but you can't replace someone like devin.

thanks again to everyone for all of the support and well wishes. you'll be seeing another sick 2G soon enuf!

Last edited by EvoIX Beauty; Oct 13, 2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
That SUCKS. Luckily you weren't hurt. Car looks fixable though, just some welding.

Good luck.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 02:03 PM

Just glad you're ok Devin - that's the most important thing.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Glad your OK.

I posted this up on BCM Cisco.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry...could always be worst though.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 01:47 AM
Evolved Member

God dam v8 bastards!!! This is what happens when you try and make pile of **** cars go fast. Sorry to hear about to car but glad to hear your driver didn't get hurt.

Best of luck in the next endeavor.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 02:45 AM
Account Disabled

I can't believe the other driver was being an *** when it was his fault for not even knowing how to control his junk box.... Good to hear devin is ok and hopefully a new car can be found and he can continue racing and his goal's of extremely low 9's/ possible 8's?
Old Oct 14, 2009, 06:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Man that sucks Cisco! Glad Devin made it out alright.

Its really sucks but at the end of the days its just a car. They can always be fixed or replaced.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
the more i watched it the more it made me think thank god you you built that car to be fast as fuxx cause if that was a slower car i hate to think!! and you gotta fix her that car is destined for 8s its to nice to let er go just my 2cents good luck what ever you do strictly power bro

Quick Reply: Sad day for Strictly Modified Video inside