Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

143.3 mph, stock ecu!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2009, 04:47 AM
CMB
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jcalcultor is for "ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY" They also off a love calculator for proof of this. Disregard any information from these sites.

Added link: http://www.jcalculator.com/?c=love_calculator
Lets all see if we are compatable and spread love through the world....

Last edited by CMB; Nov 17, 2009 at 05:30 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 06:05 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CMB
Jcalcultor is for "ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY" They also off a love calculator for proof of this. Disregard any information from these sites.

Added link: http://www.jcalculator.com/?c=love_calculator
Lets all see if we are compatable and spread love through the world....

We are only 37% compatible (no homo)

TTP, sorry to say but this really throws a monkey wrench into trying to support your argument with online calculators. The only online calculator you can find that equals your numbers turns out to be a total fraud
Old Nov 17, 2009, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

What? You mean the "J Calculator" isn't the end-all source of track time predictions?

Well... hopefully we can still use TTP's Wikipedia page as a source of solid truth.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 06:33 AM
CMB
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by atombomb33
We are only 37% compatible (no homo)

TTP, sorry to say but this really throws a monkey wrench into trying to support your argument with online calculators. The only online calculator you can find that equals your numbers turns out to be a total fraud
Damn it, I was looking for a long term relationship too

I must say though that TTPs accomplishments are for real Please, just dont use internet calculators to rectify a higher reading Mustang dyno, or a perfectly good attempt at the 9's...
Old Nov 17, 2009, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Veronica@TTP
You cannot have your cake and eat it too...

I haven't seen the DB camp complain about this 1200cc powered 689whp/545tq HTA82 car complete with CATALYTIC CONVERTER and the same model dyno as TTP-Engineering?

For comparison's sake, we are using 1650cc injectors, twin modded pumps on HTA86 and 5" FMIC with 3" pipes. I am sure some can argue that 1200cc injectors could not sufficiently support 689whp but hey, enjoy the cake.

Please compare APPLES TO APPLES, NOT APPLES TO BULL****. These two builds are similar except as you mentioned their injectors are smaller than yours. Therefore you assume that they are not capable of making the numbers that they have. Once again your logic is not backed up with facts. E85 verses PUMP do not require the same size injectors to make EQUAL POWER. Maybe you been drinking to much E85.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 09:08 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by CMB
Damn it, I was looking for a long term relationship too

I must say though that TTPs accomplishments are for real Please, just dont use internet calculators to rectify a higher reading Mustang dyno, or a perfectly good attempt at the 9's...
Agreed. Regardless of all the arguments over claimed whp, 143mph is fast and it takes a well built/tuned car to get there. And TTP should be able to squeeze a couple more mph out of it
Old Nov 17, 2009, 09:08 AM
Former Sponsor

^^ well put, and im sure they will
Old Nov 17, 2009, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Horsepower calculators almost universally read like dynojets because of the formula used-

Speed-

The formula is: hp = weight * (speed / 234)3

E.T.-

The formula is: hp = weight / (ET / 5.825)3

I havent seen one yet that reads like a Mustang, I personally dont believe in them nor use them for proof of anything related to the dyno. Cars do what they do and thats about it, either I can drive or cant, its heavy or its not, it runs what it runs.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 08:54 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Horsepower calculators almost universally read like dynojets because of the formula used-

Speed-

The formula is: hp = weight * (speed / 234)3

E.T.-

The formula is: hp = weight / (ET / 5.825)3

I havent seen one yet that reads like a Mustang, I personally dont believe in them nor use them for proof of anything related to the dyno. Cars do what they do and thats about it, either I can drive or cant, its heavy or its not, it runs what it runs.
Weather correction can bring whp figures closer to Dynojet figures so the math is applicable.

Our car dynoed 713whp uncorrected and 763whp corrected.

There was NO weather correction used on the Epic Motorsports Mustang Dyno I am told for comparative purposes in case anyone was curious as to a 660whp car compared to our 713whp. That is the uncorrected to uncorrected comparison.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

So did you fix your motor yet and get back to the track?
Old Nov 18, 2009, 01:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Maybe driver mod is in order?
Old Nov 18, 2009, 06:40 AM
Account Disabled

Next up is cage. Booted for lack of safety equipment on 2nd pass at 109mph in the 1/8th.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 06:45 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats!

140mph+ on a stockie ECU is impressive, very impressive!
Props to you mang.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Weather correction can bring whp figures closer to Dynojet figures so the math is applicable.

Our car dynoed 713whp uncorrected and 763whp corrected.

There was NO weather correction used on the Epic Motorsports Mustang Dyno I am told for comparative purposes in case anyone was curious as to a 660whp car compared to our 713whp. That is the uncorrected to uncorrected comparison.
I wont disagree that WC has a bearing, but they all seem to use the same math that a DJ does. I still dont believe in any of them since the math was originally devised based of RWD cars and engine stand dynos.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 08:31 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
I wont disagree that WC has a bearing, but they all seem to use the same math that a DJ does. I still dont believe in any of them since the math was originally devised based of RWD cars and engine stand dynos.
And since Dynojets were based off of '85 1,200cc Yamaha VMax "advertised hp" and not actual wheel hp, the math was thrown out and Dynojet could very well be reading flywheel hp for all anyone knows.

http://www.hotrod.com/thehistoryof/1..._creation.html

Originally Posted by HotRod Magazine
One of the biggest headaches of Dynojet's go-it-alone chassis-dyno project was figuring out how to assign meaningful power numbers in the face of unknown inertia from the moving parts of the hundreds or thousands of engine, drivetrain, and tire combinations. Wrestling to fully understand inertia and powertrain losses, Dobeck and his team quickly realized that the standard physics formula of weight, time, and distance for converting acceleration into horsepower simply didn't work-the derived number was always lower than accepted numbers. They poured on resources and burned up time and money investigating it, but no matter what they did, the math never added up.

Dynojet's final number-fudge was arbitrarily based on a number from the most powerful road-going motorcycle of the time, the '85 1,200cc Yamaha VMax. The VMax had 145 advertised factory horsepower, which was far above the raw 90hp number spit out by the formula. Meanwhile, existing aftermarket torque-cell engine dynamometers delivered numbers that clustered around 120. Always a pragmatist, Dobeck finally ordered his Chief Engineer to doctor the math so that the Dynojet 100 measured 120 hp for a stock VMax. And that was that: For once and forever, the power of everything else in the world would be relative to the '85 Yamaha VMax and a fudged imaginary number. Dobeck's engineering staff was dismayed by the decision

Quick Reply: 143.3 mph, stock ecu!!!