Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

143.3 mph, stock ecu!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2009, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you use the many HP calculators you will have your answers. The OP has the right to have his Mustang read how he wants as long as he admits to it reading high. Looks like it takes approx. 710 WHP (DynoJet) to motivate 3365 LBS to 143 MPH in the quarter mile.

EDIT: I was responding to posts that were taken down by the mods, probably because of the usual Dyno arguements.

Last edited by warp9; Nov 5, 2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Mods
Old Nov 5, 2009, 01:21 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good afternoon.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 01:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Brian
Good afternoon.
Good afternoon to you sir.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

TTP, I am actually a fan of your work on the stock ECU regardless of what your dyno says. I was responding to posts that were taken down and was just posting the commonly believed HP to run a certain MPH at a given weight.

Looks like if you can get that thing to launch with some authority it will be in the 9.80 range. What rubber and coilovers are you running?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:06 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by warp9
TTP, I am actually a fan of your work on the stock ECU regardless of what your dyno says. I was responding to posts that were taken down and was just posting the commonly believed HP to run a certain MPH at a given weight.

Looks like if you can get that thing to launch with some authority it will be in the 9.80 range. What rubber and coilovers are you running?
I hear you. We do not ever change dyno settings. It does what it does and I have asked MD three times to check it and they said its 100% perfect.

I believe the car will do 9.8 at minimum. There are no coilovers. The car is on STOCK SUSPENSION bilsteins with stock springs. The car was using MT slicks and we were trying out different pressures.

Ryu's gauge was off so we started at 28 down to 21-22psi. Last run we tried 17-19psi but I didn't realize the LICP was popped off. In speed density the car runs perfect with a leak.

Some more seat time and should have tire pressure dialed in. Then we will move into launch maps which we have set to stock at the moment as we dial it in. We are not looking to grenade the tcase so we will work our way into the 1.5's slowly.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
I hear you. We do not ever change dyno settings. It does what it does and I have asked MD three times to check it and they said its 100% perfect.

I believe the car will do 9.8 at minimum. There are no coilovers. The car is on STOCK SUSPENSION bilsteins with stock springs. The car was using MT slicks and we were trying out different pressures.

Ryu's gauge was off so we started at 28 down to 21-22psi. Last run we tried 17-19psi but I didn't realize the LICP was popped off. In speed density the car runs perfect with a leak.

Some more seat time and should have tire pressure dialed in. Then we will move into launch maps which we have set to stock at the moment as we dial it in. We are not looking to grenade the tcase so we will work our way into the 1.5's slowly.
nice job almost hit the 9s, we ran 6.6 @111mph in 1/8 about 80hps less on lower boost setting on stock SSL suspension. Did you have any problems with your MT coming off the rim?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:16 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dsm25psi
nice job almost hit the 9s, we ran 6.6 @111mph in 1/8 about 80hps less on lower boost setting on stock SSL suspension. Did you have any problems with your MT coming off the rim?
Have not launched it very hard yet. No issues except not getting any full passes yet.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome work Scott! **** the haters and **** talkers. Who cares what it does on the dyno. You have the MPH record and that's what counts! Congrats!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Way to go getting down the track that fast and not getting a solid run.

I just want to say your car is one heavy *** MR, even more points for making a heavy car go that fast.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 05:46 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Evo2wIsh4
Awesome work Scott! **** the haters and **** talkers. Who cares what it does on the dyno. You have the MPH record and that's what counts! Congrats!
Ha. Its funny no one seemed to care until we beat the record by 5mph.

Then you could feel everyone getting all uncomfortable and uneasy in their armchairs.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 05:47 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by project_skyline
Way to go getting down the track that fast and not getting a solid run.

I just want to say your car is one heavy *** MR, even more points for making a heavy car go that fast.
Granted we have taken a little weight out. The MR was swapped to 5sp in 2006 when it originally broke 4th gear.

But, we appreciate your support!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

very nice guys...congrats. ETS and TTP FTW .
Old Nov 5, 2009, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering

I guess it's time for a new tire gauge.

p.s. Let me drive!

Last edited by RyuEvoIX; Nov 5, 2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

congrats scott
Old Nov 6, 2009, 03:52 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
Your mod list in the other thread omits the cams that you are running. What are they?

Quick Reply: 143.3 mph, stock ecu!!!