Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

143.3 mph, stock ecu!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:36 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
I'm doing pretty good without big maps, there's quite a few redundant low rpm columns/rows
The bigmaps high load maps become much safer to use with the added resolution. You can changed timing and fuel every 1-2psi literally so that under all conditions the car is right where you want it to be.

There really is no arguement that will contradict the benefits of much higher resolution. Will the stock map sizing work? YES. Will the small resolution give you less control over the ignition and timing. YES. It becomes less reliable.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crcain
There are some benefits to aftermarket ecus! For one you can read a 100 page manual for an aftermarket ECU and be ready to tune. With the stock ECU you got to read 100's of 100 page threads!

With that said, it really does make these stock ECU big power cars impressive.
oh yeah dont get me wrong it makes the tunner life alot better i would assume swithing to standalone. and you can make alot more power and all the other benifits like antilag ect... but i mean if stock ecu can make over 700hp that just insane.. to me anyways. i dont need no 900hp street car. 700 sounds right around good for me. my goal is little over 700 with built motor. and i want to stay stock ecu see what i can do.

but congrats to you guys on highest hp stoc ecu! thats good $h!t i want to see those 9's!!
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:47 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
That is the plan. We agree, especially with bigmaps now. The only things not available from the stock ECU are external controls and antilag ignition cut.
The bigmaps high load maps become much safer to use with the added resolution. You can changed timing and fuel every 1-2psi literally so that under all conditions the car is right where you want it to be.

There really is no arguement that will contradict the benefits of much higher resolution. Will the stock map sizing work? YES. Will the small resolution give you less control over the ignition and timing. YES. It becomes less reliable.
you say this as if I have lower resolution than what big maps offer
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like you should have your dyno facility contact MD to have it calibrated correctly then.

When you dyno your car on a correctly reading dyno, come back here and make your own thread about it.
Im right on par with the "correctly" reading Mustang Dynos.

Those calculators are for RWD cars. No car on here that is an AWD/Manual car is going to go 9.3 @145. It DOESNT happen. Look through the fastest times list. a 9.0-9.5 car is going to run between 155-160. Then go look at a Mustang forum. There times for a 9.0 car running an auto will be in the 140 range. Those calculators arent based off a our types of cars.

Have you not been in the drag racing scene at all? What are 90% of the cars out there that are BIG drag cars? im talking 10.00 and under. They are almost always going to be a RWD/AUTO car. Those make a huge difference in MPH.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:10 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
Im right on par with the "correctly" reading Mustang Dynos.

Those calculators are for RWD cars. No car on here that is an AWD/Manual car is going to go 9.3 @145. It DOESNT happen. Look through the fastest times list. a 9.0-9.5 car is going to run between 155-160. Then go look at a Mustang forum. There times for a 9.0 car running an auto will be in the 140 range. Those calculators arent based off a our types of cars.

Have you not been in the drag racing scene at all? What are 90% of the cars out there that are BIG drag cars? im talking 10.00 and under. They are almost always going to be a RWD/AUTO car. Those make a huge difference in MPH.
It makes a difference in the E.T. with the stall/auto or three speed trans but not in the MPH. The MPH is accurate and we have calculated it based on numerous Evo's and they all fall inline with the numbers.

This thread is about E.T. and MPH not dyno numbers so your posts are off-topic.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:13 AM
Account Disabled

You cannot have higher resolution than bigmaps without having BIG MAPS with more load cells. Let's not ridicule the people that actually made V7 possible. It was not for no reason, it was for good reason.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

When did I make one comment about hp?

I was talking about the Calculators and what they are showing, had NOTHING to do with HP except for that you had to enter that in.

Im just trying to figure out how these are supposed to be so fool proof, yet when I enter in my stats, they arent even close.

Even if I enter in that I am making:
800 hp: 8.999 @ 151.5
900 hp: 8.65 @ 157.5
950 hp: 8.49 @ 160

So according to that, my car should be making 950 hp and with a 160 trap should go 8.5.

That is why I think these calculators are crap. Im not bashing you!!! Im just trying to figure out how you all swear by these for your cars, yet it doesnt even seem close to what the rest of us would see. Are you trying to say that: Buschur, STM, GST, CBRD and others dynos are off by 250 hp?

Once again, not trying to bash and Im not getting into a HP debate. Im trying to figure out how you swear by these calculators for your cars, yet the rest of ours are wrong.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:35 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Let's cut it out with back and forth guys. Stay on topic.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:30 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GST and Mellon, please take your topic offline or to the ecuflash section.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
Let's cut it out with back and forth guys. Stay on topic.
Let me make this more clear. Nonsense, off-topic, banter, whining, etc is going to be points. I am tired of this nonsense from grown adults.

Think hard before you post.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 01:31 PM
Account Disabled

You either rescaled the maps to have better resolution up top at the expense of LOWER resolution down low or vice versa.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Congratulations on the MPH Record TTP!
Old Nov 10, 2009, 03:11 PM

.. Good job.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 02:58 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Congratulations on the MPH Record TTP!
Thanks!
Old Nov 11, 2009, 09:03 PM
Account Disabled

Would have stayed Stock ecu ... If this would of happen a year ago

Last edited by MrJdmJimi; Nov 11, 2009 at 09:54 PM.

Quick Reply: 143.3 mph, stock ecu!!!