Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

STM Ricer: 9.75@150!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2009, 01:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
STM Ricer: 9.75@150!!

Sorry for the horrid video here, we will have Gleason get his HD vids up asap!

STM Ricer 9.75@150 HD Video From Fayetteville Evo/DSM/Suby Shootout 11-15-09

This is at the Fayetteville NC Evo/DSM/Subaru Shootout today. It was our fist time at this track, in the car, pulling a chute, in a new motor, on new slicks... well, you get the point: We were nervous!

But everything worked out just fine! Ran a best of 9.75@150 and ran 2 other 9 sec passes today as well.

Thanks again to Dave Buschur for one hell of a motor and all your help!
Thanks to Driven Innovations for a sick manifold!
Thanks to Jon at TRE for building a transmission & transfer case that loves to be abused!
Thanks to Evan at Exedy for hooking us up with that clutch!

We ended up taking 2nd place in the event for fastest car. Big props to the 1st place red GSX in the video! This pass was his best time to date at 8.8@165! Congrats!! (And for the record, that red gsx is my second favorite car on the planet so I was ecstatic to see the two of them line up!!)

Hopefully this winter we can make another trip South to hit up some more tracks! It was great to meet everyone this weekend! The Epic guys, Robbie, Bobbie, Jason... great shop and great group of guys! Thanks for all your help and hospitality!

We are at a hotel now and still 300+ miles from home, so we will work on more videos and pictures from the weekend, but I do believe it's 4:09 am, so...

Emery is getting some much needed sleep now, so he'll chime in later on. But great job Emery, that car is a handfull, not only does he have to worry about driving it, but but if he scratched it... And thanks to all our own STM guys this weekend. It's great to be part of this family!

-Shawna

Last edited by 4g63girl; Nov 17, 2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 01:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good job guys/gal!
Old Nov 16, 2009, 01:33 AM
Evolving Member

congrats beautiful machine
Old Nov 16, 2009, 01:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
frickin nice job!!!
Old Nov 16, 2009, 01:59 AM
Account Disabled

Great job guys, How much boost on this pass?
Old Nov 16, 2009, 05:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks guys. We did not change a thing all weekend with the car. It was on 36- 37 psi and still running on E-70. I think there is a lot left in here how it sits, I just need to drive it.

-Em
Old Nov 16, 2009, 06:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4g63girl
This pass was his best time to date at 8.8@165! Congrats!! (And for the record, that red gsx is my second favorite car on the planet so I was ecstatic to see the two of them line up!!)
And it was Mike's first 8 second pass as well. Pretty cool both of you ran new personal bests on the same pass! Congrats!
Old Nov 16, 2009, 06:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Very nice!
Turn it up!

Sean
Old Nov 16, 2009, 06:38 AM
CMB
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Shearer
And it was Mike's first 8 second pass as well. Pretty cool both of you ran new personal bests on the same pass! Congrats!
Congrats on the personal best STM! Impressive 2G as well, which Mike is that? Mike R.? Is the 2G an auto car?
Old Nov 16, 2009, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

Nice job guys!
Old Nov 16, 2009, 07:21 AM

Hey Guys. Im Mike.
It was a great time. Glad to have met everybody.
BIG Thanks to Doug at Topspeed for making the trek out with me and putting some tweaks on the tune to make it happen!

By the way, my car is not an auto. Shep Dogobox.
Here's another angle...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2izAlxAY8UY
Old Nov 16, 2009, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by EmeryatSTM
Thanks guys. We did not change a thing all weekend with the car. It was on 36- 37 psi and still running on E-70. I think there is a lot left in here how it sits, I just need to drive it.

-Em
Congrats STM!! Great meeting all you guys! Glad I got to see you run 9s in person...Can't wait till you get a little more used to the car &n turn the boost up...
Old Nov 16, 2009, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by gastroker
Hey Guys. Im Mike.
It was a great time. Glad to have met everybody.
BIG Thanks to Doug at Topspeed for making the trek out with me and putting some tweaks on the tune to make it happen!

By the way, my car is not an auto. Shep Dogobox.
Here's another angle...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2izAlxAY8UY
Congrats on your new record run...your car was hauling a**...I was the guy that came up to you early in the day with the slow grey evo next to you...haha...like I said in another forum time to update your Sig...
Old Nov 16, 2009, 07:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Damn Congrats.. Right off the trailer and into the 9's... Cant ask for much more!!!!

Mike
Old Nov 16, 2009, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4g63girl

Sorry for the horrid video here, we will have Gleason get his HD vids up asap!

STM Ricer Video: 9.75 @ 150

This is at the Fayetteville NC Evo/DSM/Subaru Shootout today. It was our fist time at this track, in the car, pulling a chute, in a new motor, on new slicks... well, you get the point: We were nervous!

But everything worked out just fine! Ran a best of 9.75@150 and ran 2 other 9 sec passes today as well.

Thanks again to Dave Buschur for one hell of a motor and all your help!
Thanks to Driven Innovations for a sick manifold!
Thanks to Jon at TRE for building a transmission & transfer case that loves to be abused!
Thanks to Evan at Exedy for hooking us up with that clutch!

We ended up taking 2nd place in the event for fastest car. Big props to the 1st place red GSX in the video! This pass was his best time to date at 8.8@165! Congrats!! (And for the record, that red gsx is my second favorite car on the planet so I was ecstatic to see the two of them line up!!)

Hopefully this winter we can make another trip South to hit up some more tracks! It was great to meet everyone this weekend! The Epic guys, Robbie, Bobbie, Jason... great shop and great group of guys! Thanks for all your help and hospitality!

-Shawna

Thank you guys sooooo much for coming down you guys def are one of the coolest down to earth shops. Shawna, you have the sexyest EVO ive ever seen. Workman ship and attention to detail is amazing. We would love for you guys to come down again. We'll hit up Rockingham next time and hopefully we dont have to work so we'll go hit the town with the STM crew also.

Good luck and dont let that evo sit too long in the winter.....

Quick Reply: STM Ricer: 9.75@150!!