Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

FPred/stock block 133mph

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2009 | 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Bummer to hear the conditions weren't in your favor Ryu

I'm sure we'd all love to see you hit the 9's w/ the Red but i also understand the position you're in.

Why not strap on something a bit bigger and go for the stock block record that Emery holds.......not too many people trying it seems......of course besides STM's customer's Evo.......

Best of luck w/ whatever you decide to do.

Sounds like a BLACK would probably get you there in better weather just from hp alone.
Old Dec 14, 2009 | 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
Bummer to hear the conditions weren't in your favor Ryu

I'm sure we'd all love to see you hit the 9's w/ the Red but i also understand the position you're in.

Why not strap on something a bit bigger and go for the stock block record that Emery holds.......not too many people trying it seems......of course besides STM's customer's Evo.......

Best of luck w/ whatever you decide to do.

Sounds like a BLACK would probably get you there in better weather just from hp alone.
Funny you mention the black. I have decided that will most likely be my next course of action. In optimal weather I'm very confident the red can take me into the 10.1 territory, however I invest 8hrs of driving for every track outing. I'd hate to waste another trip out only to be at the mercy of an unpredictable wind direction.

My only concern is not having a built shortblock on the side for a bit of insurance. I have a 4g64 already that I plan to make into a 2.1 but I'm about 3k shy to get it to where I want it to be.
Old Dec 14, 2009 | 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Good stuff Chris, keep it up!
Old Dec 14, 2009 | 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Damn killer!
What kind of nozzle and how is your Methanol setup?
Old Dec 14, 2009 | 01:29 PM
Account Disabled

damn, that is very fast ryu. Hope mine can be in the 10s
Old Dec 14, 2009 | 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SHhhhh
Good stuff Chris, keep it up!
Thanks Brian. Too bad Thursdays tail wind didn't carry on into Saturday.

Originally Posted by Ev0ikon
Damn killer!
Two jets, a 1.0 and a 0.9. 100% methanol.
Old Dec 14, 2009 | 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
Both before Throttle Body? How far apart?
I am trying to setup a failsafe with a Boost switching soilenoid. But not sure how to make sure I'll get even distribution. I have a M10 and a M7.
Thanks again!
Old Dec 14, 2009 | 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Damn killer!
Both before Throttle Body? How far apart?
I am trying to setup a failsafe with a Boost switching soilenoid. But not sure how to make sure I'll get even distribution. I have a M10 and a M7.
Thanks again!
Yes, about 8 or 9 inches apart.
Old Dec 15, 2009 | 04:53 PM
CMB
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
We have our TTP Spec D2 coilovers available if Chris decides to move back to coilovers. The last ones he bought used from another shop were blown so he went back to stock.

Our D2's have proprietary spring rates for the best possible traction in drag racing applications.

http://ttp-engineering.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=445

They say imitation is the best form of flattery...
Old Dec 15, 2009 | 04:56 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by CMB
Actually D2 has been trying to get us to work with them for about 2 years now. We have finally got some custom spec units put together for us based on our drag car requirements for our 2010 season white car so we thought we would offer them up to the evom member base as well.
Old Dec 15, 2009 | 05:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Actually D2 has been trying to get us to work with them for about 2 years now. We have finally got some custom spec units put together for us based on our drag car requirements for our 2010 season white car so we thought we would offer them up to the evom member base as well.

So what you are saying is you have not tested yours but are telling people they are the best possible set up available? I'll take two.

-Em
Old Dec 17, 2009 | 04:29 PM
Evolving Member

amazing launch
Old Dec 17, 2009 | 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sliqdaddy91
amazing launch
Thanks.
Old Dec 17, 2009 | 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CMB
Originally Posted by EmeryatSTM
So what you are saying is you have not tested yours but are telling people they are the best possible set up available? I'll take two.

-Em

Old Dec 25, 2009 | 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
so things have changed a bit and im getting depoyed in sept. it's far enough away where i can do some more stuff to the evo but at the same time it's going to be sitting for a while so i dont want to do TOO much. so now as a "temporary" solution for more power (don't want to buy the red and then have it sit for 9 months), i think im going to do my exhaust manifold upgrade along with a meth kit on the stock IX turbo. i was looking at the one ttp sells and than i noticed you are using the aquamist hfs-5. the ttp one looks like it would be more fitting to my needs at the moment which is going to be 93 oct + meth (not sure if i want 100% or 50% because of availability issues).

mods now break down to greddy titanium catback with dc downpipe, AMS FMIC, injen intercooler piping, injen intake, walbro 255, greddy 264 cams, stock valvetrain and wastegate, arp studs, etc etc. buying the shearer manifold after tax refunds along with ttp 845cc injectors next week.

i saw your post with 431whp and 45xwtq and was wondering if you had any suggestions/issues i should be warned about before i go forth with this. like i still it's still a toss up between getting the Red now or do the meth kit now and do the Red after i get back. also do you have any personal pros and cons to running meth injection in a daily driver? ill be getting a daily eventually but i will be driving the evo around at least for the next 8 months until i leave and probably for a bit after i get back.

if i do the meth kit now, i will most likely be keeping it for the red when i get it. although i am somewhat worried about long term reliability issues on a stock block (although you have amazing success with it )

Last edited by mitsuevo803; Dec 25, 2009 at 07:02 PM.

Quick Reply: FPred/stock block 133mph