Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Back in town and ready to run 9's. Need help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2010, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back in town and ready to run 9's. Need help

Good day evolutionm I would like to start this thread off by apologizing to everyone for not being an active member in the evom community. The truth is my job has me over seas for month at a time. Since leaving NY in may I have been purchasing parts to achieve my goal. So far I have a buschur stage 3 block head ported intake race fmic manifold and throttle body. I also have a full blow double pumper. Pte 1000cc injectors aem ems and an hta 3582 turbo kit. I'm going to put the car together with my dad and brothers help any day now. My only question is will this be enough to get my car into the 9's. I'm going to do some slight weight reduction crash beams gutting the trunk and back seats. Nothing to crazy I still want to be able to drive the car when I'm back in NYC. A friend of my with an evo told me about a shop called top peformance in suffolk, I might be going to them for help tuning the car and getting the suspension down pack for the track. I just want to make sure I have all areas covered before I attempt to get it tuned and bring it to the track. I appreciate all the help and advice I can get. If this combo doesn't do it I might go bigger with the turbo or maybe upgrade the tb and intake manifold but again before I do anything at this point I will wait for advice
Old Jan 28, 2010, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

You have a lot of BR parts now why not just stick with Dave? They can also set you up with coil-overs and all suspension settings. Dave's parts and experience made a lot of Evo's run fast.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 01:34 PM

I would stick with dave but im located in nyc currently i have no idea how long id be here for. He does have great parts but at this point its more than the parts its if my tuner can get me there with what i have or if i need a little bit more. Ive seen dave run 9's on the hta35 but than i was told it was a custom hta35 if im not mistaken. Has there even been anyone to pull of a 9second pass on an hta3582? Thats my real question im thinking it might not be enough. Than again i dont know much about tuning or what it will take to get into the 9's. All i know is i saved and invested so much it wouldnt make sense to stop now
Old Jan 28, 2010, 04:37 PM

Best shop IMO the shop-ct.. Jimmy and junior and A+ team. Not a far drive from NYC.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Drive to the track? Pump gas, race gas, slicks, dot slicks, radial tires? What clutch, trans, front lsd? Ask anybody here who has gone 9's on a street driven Evo and they will tell you it is a long road and you will need someone who has done it before to help you out. Find a shop that has done it before so you are not the test pig for them.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 07:58 PM

i wont drive the car to the track my goal is to do it with slicks and race gas. the tranny is a shep transmission and i have a quaife lsd. the clutch is a twin disk i think by cusco if im not mistaking i have to change it soon. my real concern is if the turbo even at 40 pounds of boost would be enough to make that 9 second pass in an evo. maybe i need to go bigger. i have heard of theshop i am actually going to contact a few shops on monday. just want to get all my details together. i appreciate your help and whatever shop i go to im going to make sure they have experience in what im trying to do.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 11:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NyzEvo2nr
Good day evolutionm I would like to start this thread off by apologizing to everyone for not being an active member in the evom community. The truth is my job has me over seas for month at a time. Since leaving NY in may I have been purchasing parts to achieve my goal. So far I have a buschur stage 3 block head ported intake race fmic manifold and throttle body. I also have a full blow double pumper. Pte 1000cc injectors aem ems and an hta 3582 turbo kit. I'm going to put the car together with my dad and brothers help any day now. My only question is will this be enough to get my car into the 9's. I'm going to do some slight weight reduction crash beams gutting the trunk and back seats. Nothing to crazy I still want to be able to drive the car when I'm back in NYC. A friend of my with an evo told me about a shop called top peformance in suffolk, I might be going to them for help tuning the car and getting the suspension down pack for the track. I just want to make sure I have all areas covered before I attempt to get it tuned and bring it to the track. I appreciate all the help and advice I can get. If this combo doesn't do it I might go bigger with the turbo or maybe upgrade the tb and intake manifold but again before I do anything at this point I will wait for advice
Pm sent.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 04:06 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Originally Posted by Manny1020
Best shop IMO the shop-ct.. Jimmy and junior and A+ team. Not a far drive from NYC.
I agree with this guy
Old Jan 29, 2010, 08:24 AM

There are a few great shops in nyc make sure you go to someone with a good rep. Take it from me you dont want to be someones test pig or someones marketing tool to promote there buisness. Outside of the right shop i think your biggest concern is if that turbo can pull off that 9 second slip at the track. A 9second street car is no joke and it takes alot of power and skill to pull that off. Im still not to sure if that turbo can do it. Than again theres only one way to know either turbo that boost up and give it a run or find someone on here thats done it.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 08:26 AM

Theres only a few guys on here that will truly be able to give you advice on getting your car to that level id say buschur, e-spec, junior, mike at awd, the guys at ttr and maybe a handful more. Becareful where you get your info from having mulitiple sources of help can be great but it can also cause massive confusion.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostdreamz
Theres only a few guys on here that will truly be able to give you advice on getting your car to that level id say buschur, e-spec, junior, mike at awd, the guys at ttr and maybe a handful more. Becareful where you get your info from having mulitiple sources of help can be great but it can also cause massive confusion.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 12:54 PM

thanks guys i appreciate the help guys im going to contact a few tuners. Any idea if this turbo has every brought an evo into the 9s? Im debating if the $500 upgrade fee at fp to make it into an hta 3586 is worth it or should i save the $ cause this turbo can do it.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

you can also contact STM, they are 6 hours away but you wont regret it

You can do it with the right tune and supporting mods.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 05:41 AM

My best advise dont look at names look at results, Many claim to be but are not. Stick to one shop,and let the good time roll.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
im kinda partial but id look at STM they have a few records under there belt that are pretty impressive for as little time as they have been open. id say call emery when you get a chance

Quick Reply: Back in town and ready to run 9's. Need help