Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

AWD Motorsports BBK RECORD!!! 10.27 & 136mph!!! STOCK ECU!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
It appears we are going to have Quite a few rounds of testing with the Bastard Evo.. Robert @ FP is going to have us test the new GREEN HTA.. Judging by the flow i think we might have a 600whp capable green on our hands.. 1st Green in the 9's maybe, and on Stock Ecu??? Well see.. Stay posted for results!!!

Thank you Robert for allowing us to test your turbos.. We will do our best to show what these turbos are capable of..

Mike
This will be awesome to see as well!
It might get a little tricky since people will want to see if each turbo is given the same time and opportunity to show its abilities.

I hope you accept CBRD's offer to test their BBK-B as well.
BBK, BBK-B, Green HTA73, and the Black - it's definitely some exciting times at AWDM!!!

This will be great to watch to see both dyno & 1320 results!!!

-Jalal
Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MJ23FE
Who said that the Red couldn't run 9's? I didn't. The Red is obviously a high boost boost turbo which has been proven time and time again to run very good times.
All I said was that you don't need a Red to run in the low 10's. The BBK is obviously very capable of doing so. I also never said that running those times would be easy!
The average person will never come close to the times this car is producing on the BBK. If big companies like AWD, with an obviously well prepped vehicle, are putting out a time such as 10.27 with this turbo you can expect the average Joe to run a full second slower.

Originally Posted by MJ23FE
It's great how the BBK is a road race/street focused turbo and is still making the power and running these times at only 30psi, granted that's on e85.
You are not taking into account this is a 2.4L that Mike is using. 30psi from the BBK on a 2.0L is going to take less air to produce then 30psi on a 2.4L from the same turbo. You must keep in mind their is a larger displacement to pressurize.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CBRD
all we did was hand Mike a turbo to use...

he did the rest..

awesome results mike,

ill let you know as we have more parts you can tinker with, like the larger BBK-B... our evo X turbos, etc...

Cheers

CB
Your killin me with the BBK-B talk...whats the deal with it???
Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
The average person will never come close to the times this car is producing on the BBK. If big companies like AWD, with an obviously well prepped vehicle, are putting out a time such as 10.27 with this turbo you can expect the average Joe to run a full second slower.

You are not taking into account this is a 2.4L that Mike is using. 30psi from the BBK on a 2.0L is going to take less air to produce then 30psi on a 2.4L from the same turbo. You must keep in mind their is a larger displacement to pressurize.
No disagreements there!
The capability is there.... but is the average joe able? hehe. That's up to the person and their $$$, I guess.

-Jalal
Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These are off the shelf parts nothing that a person cant get their hands on.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dmoevo
These are off the shelf parts nothing that a person cant get their hands on.
So are all the parts on my car, but you don't see many people running high 10's on the stock turbo or low 10's on a red on stock block. Lets be realistic. We both know it takes more then just bolting on off the shelf parts and driving the snot out of the car.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX

One second is well off pace and incorrect IMO.. Dont forget Diiirk's 460hp Fp Green car ran 10.6.. He had nothing that anyone cannot buy off the shelf.. He did however have a great tune...He drove it himself as well.. Imagine with 90whp more what he would run..

Mike
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He did however have a great tune...He drove it himself as well..
Mike
A great tune with the results to back it up. It does not get any better!

Last edited by crispeed; Feb 4, 2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

One second is well off pace and incorrect IMO.. Dont forget Diiirk's 460hp Fp Green car ran 10.6.. He had nothing that anyone cannot buy off the shelf.. He did however have a great tune...He drove it himself as well.. Imagine with 90whp more what he would run..

Mike
We agree to disagree. Dirk ran 10.6 on slicks...that in itself will make a .2-.3 tenth of a difference in overall results. My comparison was towards the "average Joe" who will buy a turbo such as this with most likely half the proper supporting modifications with a sub par combination in parts. Try and step out of the wealth of knowledge you have attained over the years and glance at what I am saying through an amateur car enthusiast point of view. That is all I am trying to get at.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent results. Would have been great to see a clean pass.

I agree with Ryu and Mike. Dirks car is an outlier by a pretty heavy margin. 10.6 on a green is not an average result.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
is the vid up allready?) damn this is sweet! It shows us that a Stock ecu and small turbo can make some power too! im excided , and waiting for the vid!
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I've been busy all day, sorry it took so long to see this!

GREAT JOB as always guys! Very good times and that "thrown together" car sure is running some impressive times!!

You've got a package coming from us for the car I can't wait for the next round at the track!
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:45 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tweakdsm
is the vid up allready?) damn this is sweet! It shows us that a Stock ecu and small turbo can make some power too! im excided , and waiting for the vid!
The video will be worth waiting for trust me.. Diiirk is editing right now.. We had 2 tunes earlier today but he is editing now.. Thanks!!

Mike
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I've been busy all day, sorry it took so long to see this!

GREAT JOB as always guys! Very good times and that "thrown together" car sure is running some impressive times!!

You've got a package coming from us for the car I can't wait for the next round at the track!
Thanks again Dave.. When i say it wouldn't be possible without you i mean it.. So many projects going at 1x right now.. I know you can understand.. We all appreciate it here.. So from Myself and everyone here Thank you!!!
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
You thank me every day you and I remain good friends and you place those huge orders!!!

We OWE YOU GUYS THE THANKS! It's a two way street buddy.

Quick Reply: AWD Motorsports BBK RECORD!!! 10.27 & 136mph!!! STOCK ECU!!!