Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

AWD Motorsports BBK RECORD!!! 10.27 & 136mph!!! STOCK ECU!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
BTW, i like the name: bastard evo! should get custom lic plate, nice to see two shops working together as team. :-d
Old Feb 4, 2010, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awd gj you guys! Bbk soon for me!!!
Old Feb 4, 2010, 01:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by tweakdsm
BTW, i like the name: bastard evo! should get custom lic plate, nice to see two shops working together as team. :-d
If you knew the history of this POS.. its gone from looking like a 3000.00 shell to running 8's, back to a shell that was robbed off whatever could be bolted off because the shop had no room in it, and now back to life again.. its always been the old dirty bastard to me.. LOL

Anthony took the job upon himself to bring the Bastard as i named it back to life.. This is all because of his motivation honestly.. My plate is so full with projects i couldnt handle another but i am so glad he did.. I am excited about what we are looking to accomplish in the next few weeks

Mike
Old Feb 4, 2010, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Very nice time on a BBK, straight SICK.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 01:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by crispeed
A great tune with the results to back it up. It does not get any better!
Thank you for all the help Master Speed.. When not behind the laptop he is still always the lead crew chief here.. We might have run on 2psi in the slicks if it wasnt for you.. Leaky dry rotted slick FTL.. LOL

MIke
Old Feb 4, 2010, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Amazing Mike & crew. You guys keep doing it over and over again. You cant argue with success. Good to know you are only 1 hour away from me.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Mike. What kind of RPMS are you guys spinning this 2.4 up to and what did you cross at the finish. Iam also assuming you on stock gearing.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 02:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RLLN247
Mike. What kind of RPMS are you guys spinning this 2.4 up to and what did you cross at the finish. Iam also assuming you on stock gearing.
We are on Evo 8 Gearing.. Ill find out the crossing RPM from Diiirk when i get chance.. He has the logs..

Mike
Old Feb 4, 2010, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
If you knew the history of this POS.. its gone from looking like a 3000.00 shell to running 8's, back to a shell that was robbed off whatever could be bolted off because the shop had no room in it, and now back to life again.. its always been the old dirty bastard to me.. LOL

Anthony took the job upon himself to bring the Bastard as i named it back to life.. This is all because of his motivation honestly.. My plate is so full with projects i couldnt handle another but i am so glad he did.. I am excited about what we are looking to accomplish in the next few weeks

Mike
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Thank you for all the help Master Speed.. When not behind the laptop he is still always the lead crew chief here.. We might have run on 2psi in the slicks if it wasnt for you.. Leaky dry rotted slick FTL.. LOL

MIke
your one fortunate boss but you got to be doing something right to inspire such hardworkmanship

nice results
Old Feb 4, 2010, 03:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dtrackstar
your one fortunate boss but you got to be doing something right to inspire such hardworkmanship

nice results
The ultimate inspiration.. Anthony gets to drive the car..

Ive Been road racing as of late.. I leave the power shifting to these young cats who can get er' done.. I ran 9.3 2 years ago @ 3100lbs.. Long before all these badass turbos existed..
Old Feb 4, 2010, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
The average person will never come close to the times this car is producing on the BBK. If big companies like AWD, with an obviously well prepped vehicle, are putting out a time such as 10.27 with this turbo you can expect the average Joe to run a full second slower.

You are not taking into account this is a 2.4L that Mike is using. 30psi from the BBK on a 2.0L is going to take less air to produce then 30psi on a 2.4L from the same turbo. You must keep in mind their is a larger displacement to pressurize.
Thanks. That's what I was trying to explain to him, you can't just bolt-on stuff and run these times on any other Evo, it takes a combination of a good motor, tires, tune and weight to run times like this.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

And the right SHOP and the right TUNER

hence why AWD has had a lot of cars break records whether with Standalone ECU or Stock ECU.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

Awd for the win !
Old Feb 4, 2010, 04:26 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
its ashame we wont get the see the BBK (or BBK-B) run with a good fmic and such, but you've already given us everything we need to see mike, if the BBK (which was never designed to be a drag type turbo) is put in a drag racers hands, it can move down the track pretty well,

on another note, everytime i drive one on the street, I want to slap a BBK on the time attack car for the short tracks LOL!

cb
Old Feb 4, 2010, 04:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
Thanks. That's what I was trying to explain to him, you can't just bolt-on stuff and run these times on any other Evo, it takes a combination of a good motor, tires, tune and weight to run times like this.
Borrowed some scales to weigh the car and kill our own curiosity.. 2948-2950lbs with driver.. Anthony is 230lbs.. NSCRA requires 2900lbs so we have around 50 to shed to be as light as possible...

All those light parts were missing and stock parts add up.. Steel FMIC Piping, Buschur Front member, Mustache Bar, Side supports, Driveshaft, Stock Rear Brakes and Ebrake, Stock trunk, Heavy Clutch, Airbag in steering wheel, Stock mirrors, Radio, Front speakers etc.. Im not sure if i am forgetting anything but thats off the top of my head..

Mike

Quick Reply: AWD Motorsports BBK RECORD!!! 10.27 & 136mph!!! STOCK ECU!!!