Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

AWD Motorsports BBK RECORD!!! 10.27 & 136mph!!! STOCK ECU!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010, 09:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats...Nice work
Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by diiirk@AwdMotorsports
Video is uploading to youtube as we speak. Im really disappointed though, of all the runs, the only one that is viewable was the 10.27 run, and it is still way out of focus. Not sure what was going on with the camera but it kept going way out of focus...
Thank god you are much better behind the keyboard.
Leave the video taping to the professonals!
Seems like the camera or camera person needs some tuning!

Originally Posted by dmoevo
annnd out of all the good still cameras we got no one brought one or a tire pressure gauge..
Exactly!

Last edited by crispeed; Feb 4, 2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice work guys conrats!!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Borrowed some scales to weigh the car and kill our own curiosity.. 2948-2950lbs with driver.. Anthony is 230lbs.. NSCRA requires 2900lbs so we have around 50 to shed to be as light as possible...

All those light parts were missing and stock parts add up.. Steel FMIC Piping, Buschur Front member, Mustache Bar, Side supports, Driveshaft, Stock Rear Brakes and Ebrake, Stock trunk, Heavy Clutch, Airbag in steering wheel, Stock mirrors, Radio, Front speakers etc.. Im not sure if i am forgetting anything but thats off the top of my head..

Mike
Wow, congrats! That's at a decent weight too. Really impressive, good job.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 06:29 PM
Account Disabled

mike is starting off 2010 off right ...good times mad i guess now people see the bbk in a whole new light
Old Feb 5, 2010, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The video is very cool. Clarity is awesome except for catching the lights on the board, I like the sound effects and how you put it together, nice job on the video..........car and driving!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by diiirk@AwdMotorsports
lol. i think the editing software cost more than whats invested.
What editing software are you using? One would think it would be able to render a video with the correct aspect ratio......
Old Feb 5, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Congrats on the time

Loving the video
Old Feb 5, 2010, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

you guys f'in rock...great job.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SHhhhh
What editing software are you using? One would think it would be able to render a video with the correct aspect ratio......
Final cut studio. What aspect ratio should it be if its incorrect? Unless I am mistaken its 16:9. Thanks for the Bump!!!

Last edited by diiirk@AwdMotorsports; Feb 5, 2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 01:52 AM

Congrats
Old Feb 6, 2010, 02:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Borrowed some scales to weigh the car and kill our own curiosity.. 2948-2950lbs with driver.. Anthony is 230lbs.. NSCRA requires 2900lbs so we have around 50 to shed to be as light as possible...

All those light parts were missing and stock parts add up.. Steel FMIC Piping, Buschur Front member, Mustache Bar, Side supports, Driveshaft, Stock Rear Brakes and Ebrake, Stock trunk, Heavy Clutch, Airbag in steering wheel, Stock mirrors, Radio, Front speakers etc.. Im not sure if i am forgetting anything but thats off the top of my head..

Mike
When I first saw the times this car turned I thought to my self this car has to be very light. (this car must weigh around 2700) 2720 is really light.

What the average reader misses is these cars weigh ~3200 lbs stock. Its not easy to shave over 450lbs from a car. Without those massive weight savings and track tire use the time goes right back to ~10.9-11.0 at 130 ish. Pretty close to what Boltz already achieved with the snail months ago in a nice street car

Someday someone needs to make a nice video on how to lighten you car to the extremes. It would be an invaluable video to see in detail how to remove 450 pounds from a car.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 03:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
What the average reader misses is these cars weigh ~3200 lbs stock.
WOW!
All this time I thought I was an average reader!
Are you an average reader?

Last edited by crispeed; Feb 6, 2010 at 03:48 AM.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
How much does the car weigh?
Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
If this is Mikes rs that went 8.98 last I saw he stated it was in the 27xx lb range. Nevertheless Congrats on the results.
The RS is not the same as what it was.. The car has stock rear brakes, No BR lightweight parts, No light driveshaft, steel trunk, heavy clutch, and i am sure more i am not thinking of.. This is why the car is called the bastard.. it was a shell 2 months ago stripped bare that people were stealing parts off.. I had to borrow a bumper and hood just to run the car...

Mike

Mike
Based on the recent weight numbers it would appear the car really hasn't changed all that much at all. Your saying that you have replaced some light weight parts with heavier stock parts yet the weight your reporting is virtually the same as when this RS went 8.98 with lightweight parts such as a carbon drive shaft, light weight rear diff supports, lightweight small disc clutch kit, etc. Numbers don't lie so something certainly isn't right......
Old Feb 6, 2010, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
Based on the recent weight numbers it would appear the car really hasn't changed all that much at all. Your saying that you have replaced some light weight parts with heavier stock parts yet the weight your reporting is virtually the same as when this RS went 8.98 with lightweight parts such as a carbon drive shaft, light weight rear diff supports, lightweight small disc clutch kit, etc. Numbers don't lie so something certainly isn't right......
The funny part is Mike infers this car is kinda heavy because it doesnt have those lighter parts on it

Quick Reply: AWD Motorsports BBK RECORD!!! 10.27 & 136mph!!! STOCK ECU!!!