Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

AWD Motorsports BBK RECORD!!! 10.27 & 136mph!!! STOCK ECU!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2010, 08:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "video wars" are on!! Thumbs up to the producer!!...lol

Still curious what rpm you guys are shifting this torque monster.

Keep up the great work Mike!
Old Feb 6, 2010, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Was an interesting night tonight at the track on the Tiny BBK turbo.. We were not too sure what to expect so we ran the car 1st pass just 1/8th mile to get an idea of what it will run.. With only 3 gears it ran 11.0@98mph.. We knew by the slip with 109mph in the 1/8th the car had 9 second potential.. 2nd pass we got a decent launch and the car ran 10.27@127.45 mph losing a lower coupler in 4th gear. 3rd pass of the night bogged bad and ran the car out to a 10.36@136mph..

All in all a good night.. We did what CBRD asked us to do which is run some 10's with the turbo.. I know 100% we could run 9's with that turbo if we could have paired up our 136mph run wit the 10.27 run.. All in all though we cant complain about being only 7mph off the stock ecu record with almost 300 less DYNOJET HP.

Round 1 of the Bastard Project is over now and we are off to the FP Black.. Hoping to run that this weekend if time away from the shop allows.. We should have it on the dyno Friday at least to get an idea of HP and then we can guesstimate how low in the 9's it will go along with what MPH.. I dont think 150+ will be much of a problem.. This car is still stock ECU, Stock MAF and Full Interior.. Below is the mod list.. Video will be up tomorrow morning.. Thanks!!

**UPDATE**
It appears we are going to have Quite a few rounds of testing with the Bastard Evo.. Robert @ FP is going to have us test the new GREEN HTA.. Judging by the flow i think we might have a 600whp capable green on our hands.. 1st Green in the 9's maybe, and on Stock Ecu??? Well see.. Stay posted for results!!!

Thank you Robert for allowing us to test your turbos.. We will do our best to show what these turbos are capable of..

YouTube Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6xBFdEamW8

Timeslip Breakdown

60ft- 1.56
1/8th - 6.60@107
1/4 - 10.2 @ 127.45

Mod List

4g64 Engine w/ Evo IX head.. Buschur Spec Internals
Cosworth m2 Cams
CBRD BBK Full Turbo @ 30psi
Buschur Double Pumper w/ 1200cc Injectors
E85 pump Fuel
Buschur Ported Intake Manifold & TB
Buschur Ported Exhaust Manifold
Invidia 02 Housing
DC Sports Downpipe / Test Pipe
AWD Mini Battery Kit
AWD UICP & LICP
Stock fuel Rail
Stock Ignition
Stock Ecu w/ MAF Tuned By: Diiirk

hey Mike, how well does the invidia 02 housing flow? i dont know if its worth ditching mine for an 02 dump when i go to put my red on
Old Feb 6, 2010, 09:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
The funny part is Mike infers this car is kinda heavy because it doesnt have those lighter parts on it
I can consider 2948 heavy by my standards for this particular car.. By all means its a light car in general.. Claims of 3400+lbs evo's with No exhaust, No interior, and slicks is pretty funny to me.. I knew it wouldnt take long to hurt someones feeling on the forum.. Bottom line is either attempt to do what we do, bring your car here so we can do it what needs to be done or just be content staying behind.. We are not against using customers car to break records.. We did it with Most Wanted and Strykers Evo..

What is funny is when guys run so slow with the HP they claim, they claim their car to be SOOOO HEAVY to back up the slowness of the car.. Just because a car is fast doesn't mean its a feather.. And im sorry there are no 3400+lb evos that exist with under 200lb drivers that dont have interior, Exhaust, w/ Light wheels and Slicks. ITS NOT POSSIBLE..

When i state weights of our cars its ALWAYS with driver unless noted.. When you race your car thats how its measured.. Car cant drive itself.. SO A LOT HAS CHANGED!!!

Btw.. 94awd its not directed at you.. i just quoted you..

MIke

Last edited by AWD Motorsports; Feb 6, 2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 10:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bbyevo8u
hey Mike, how well does the invidia 02 housing flow? i dont know if its worth ditching mine for an 02 dump when i go to put my red on
I havent done enough back to back testing to know honestly..

Mike
Old Feb 6, 2010, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Well put Mike. Now that the weight issue (or lack thereof) has been addressed, we can move on. Just putting that out there for the opposing vendor factions waiting to counter argue. Can't wait for the results with the 73HTA!
Old Feb 6, 2010, 10:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by olmoscd
Well put Mike. Now that the weight issue (or lack thereof) has been addressed, we can move on. Just putting that out there for the opposing vendor factions waiting to counter argue. Can't wait for the results with the 73HTA!
I agree.. Any more discussion of it will be reported.. This thread will stay clean and on TOPIC..
Old Feb 6, 2010, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

IF you can't beat em.... JOIN em!
Old Feb 6, 2010, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by denny424
IF you can't beat em.... JOIN em!
Exactly.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 10:00 AM
CMB
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
I can consider 2948 heavy by my standards for this particular car.. By all means its a light car in general.. Claims of 3400+lbs evo's with No exhaust, No interior, and slicks is pretty funny to me.. I knew it wouldnt take long to hurt someones feeling on the forum.. Bottom line is either attempt to do what we do, bring your car here so we can do it what needs to be done or just be content staying behind.. We are not against using customers car to break records.. We did it with Most Wanted and Strykers Evo..

What is funny is when guys run so slow with the HP they claim, they claim their car to be SOOOO HEAVY to back up the slowness of the car.. Just because a car is fast doesn't mean its a feather.. And im sorry there are no 3400+lb evos that exist with under 200lb drivers that dont have interior, Exhaust, w/ Light wheels and Slicks. ITS NOT POSSIBLE..

When i state weights of our cars its ALWAYS with driver unless noted.. When you race your car thats how its measured.. Car cant drive itself.. SO A LOT HAS CHANGED!!!

Btw.. 94awd its not directed at you.. i just quoted you..

MIke
Must be directed at this cat...
Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
The average person will never come close to the times this car is producing on the BBK. If big companies like AWD, with an obviously well prepped vehicle, are putting out a time such as 10.27 with this turbo you can expect the average Joe to run a full second slower.

You are not taking into account this is a 2.4L that Mike is using. 30psi from the BBK on a 2.0L is going to take less air to produce then 30psi on a 2.4L from the same turbo. You must keep in mind their is a larger displacement to pressurize.
Damn last I checked YOU are an average Joe and went 10.3 with a similar turbo (Red). Unless youre some kind of hotshot Please...
Old Feb 7, 2010, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Beast!.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 12:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by E-SPEC@TopLevelPerformance
The "video wars" are on!! Thumbs up to the producer!!...lol

Still curious what rpm you guys are shifting this torque monster.

Keep up the great work Mike!
I believe Anthony was shifting right around the 7k range. Id have to check my logs to be sure.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 02:10 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
it's ashame we couldnt see what it would do with the BR fmic... ;(

also, I really want you to try the BBK-B when it's out mike, but I realize alot will probably change before then.

Still just floors me our 'little turbo that could' ran a low 10 as easily as you said it would

the fact that you think it could have went high 9's cracks me up.

it's like a midget that knows ninjitsu LOL

cb

(no offense to midgets, im practically one myself lol)
Old Feb 9, 2010, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CMB
Must be directed at this cat...

Damn last I checked YOU are an average Joe and went 10.3 with a similar turbo (Red). Unless youre some kind of hotshot Please...
Honestly, why bother making post on matters in wich your obviously clueless about? First off Mike was not refering to me or my car. The description isn't even close. My car is 3,000 lbs not 3,400 and I have a full exhaust that can be heard in my track videos.

You are correct I AM an average Joe for the most part. What you are not correct about is referring to the fp red as a similar turbo. There is almost an 8lb/min difference between turbos in favor of the red. This car with. The red would be in the 9.7-9.8 range, near record breaking status set by race cars.

Wich brings me to my main point. I am in no way attempting to take away from the accomplishments made with this car. I am simply pointing out to the average car enthusiast, regardless of how "thrown together" this car is presented, expecting these results will be met with disappointmentment. The average guy is going to see about a full second slower from their own.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 05:31 PM
CMB
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RyuEvoIX
Honestly, why bother making post on matters in wich your obviously clueless about? First off Mike was not refering to me or my car. The description isn't even close. My car is 3,000 lbs not 3,400 and I have a full exhaust that can be heard in my track videos.

You are correct I AM an average Joe for the most part. What you are not correct about is referring to the fp red as a similar turbo. There is almost an 8lb/min difference between turbos in favor of the red. This car with. The red would be in the 9.7-9.8 range, near record breaking status set by race cars.

Wich brings me to my main point. I am in no way attempting to take away from the accomplishments made with this car. I am simply pointing out to the average car enthusiast, regardless of how "thrown together" this car is presented, expecting these results will be met with disappointmentment. The average guy is going to see about a full second slower from their own.
Rigghhht right... The average Joe can get these results, just pay AWD to make it happen. You see AWD is a business and thats what they do. They showcase a build so that if youre interested you too can come in and spend some cash and go fast. Just like you did at one point to fill TTPs pockets...
Old Feb 9, 2010, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CMB
Rigghhht right... The average Joe can get these results, just pay AWD to make it happen. You see AWD is a business and thats what they do. They showcase a build so that if youre interested you too can come in and spend some cash and go fast. Just like you do to fill TTPs pockets...
More ignorant posts from an ignorant member of Evom. I do not fill TTP's pockets. I do most of my own work thank you very much. You act like you know me, you do NOT know me.

Quick Reply: AWD Motorsports BBK RECORD!!! 10.27 & 136mph!!! STOCK ECU!!!