Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

So who is this guy trapping 160mph with like a 3 sec 60ft

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2010, 03:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
thats impressive speed for no bumper. seems very strange to build at that quality level and not design it so a bumper can fit???
Old Feb 23, 2010, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
thats impressive speed for no bumper. seems very strange to build at that quality level and not design it so a bumper can fit???
Look at the last 2 Pictures, It has a bumper...
Old Feb 24, 2010, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

are you blind?
Old Feb 24, 2010, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Botton line guys is that this Evo owner with his Evo walks over water trapping such speeds at this altitude. Bring me a AMS or Buschur 170mph car here at Tucson and by default they will run in the 160s. Same rule applies here, this car is already trapping 160mph here in Tucson so if you take it to the east coast in the winter and we are talking about being one of the absolute top 3 or top 5 fastest Evo cars in the planet.

My point is that this driver couldn't launch the car well and it wasn't even tuned right for the altitude. This is in my opinion a toe to toe battle with Buschur and AMS or very close. Even Rynn Woon Supra has trouble trapping above 160mph at this track.

I do have a old video from this same car when it wasn't as hardcore but the video is like 3 years old and it wasn't as fast(in the 10's back then though).

Carlos
Old Feb 25, 2010, 03:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by k2boarder3187
are you blind?
thats hardly a bumper. you couldnt dream of getting headlights on that car. the air filter will be sticking out 8 inches, Ricer. And the I/C only fits by your definition because they have a speed panel that extends the bumper by 6 inches. all the other top shops go fast without these crimes.

but hey what do I know. I am blind..
Old Feb 25, 2010, 03:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Dude what are you smoking?

I built the car. It is built to mimic our drag car setup. It has a stock front bumper with aluminum inserts for the openings and a 4" air damn that replaces the stock lower lip. You remove the filter, install a short intake piece that fits the opening in the bumper and install the bumper. The filter is there to keep anything from getting sucked into the turbo while driving the car around the pits where there tends to be a lot of rocks and debris.

There is no bumper extension. The IC fits nicely behind the bumper. And yes, the stock headlights will not fit. They are replaced by carbon fiber covers.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 04:12 AM
Evolving Member

Eric, how much a project like this would cost?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Guys check out the Thread of this car ... Awesome Job ...
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...one-build.html
Old Feb 25, 2010, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zedevo
Guys check out the Thread of this car ... Awesome Job ...
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...one-build.html

I guess that page 11 and post 157 on the link that you sent/posted completely back my statement up.

Carlos
Old Feb 25, 2010, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EricJ@AMS
Dude what are you smoking?

I built the car. It is built to mimic our drag car setup. It has a stock front bumper with aluminum inserts for the openings and a 4" air damn that replaces the stock lower lip. You remove the filter, install a short intake piece that fits the opening in the bumper and install the bumper. The filter is there to keep anything from getting sucked into the turbo while driving the car around the pits where there tends to be a lot of rocks and debris.

There is no bumper extension. The IC fits nicely behind the bumper. And yes, the stock headlights will not fit. They are replaced by carbon fiber covers.

Eric,

Hands down what a nice car you guys built. Soo many years visiting and racing at SIR(Tucson) and I haven't seen nothing like that. Good job indeed , that car is a winner. I hope you guys break some records again.

Carlos
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:11 PM
CMB
Evolving Member

thats hardly a bumper. you couldnt dream of getting headlights on that car. the air filter will be sticking out 8 inches, Ricer. And the I/C only fits by your definition because they have a speed panel that extends the bumper by 6 inches. all the other top shops go fast without these crimes.

Any comment Ive read in the past (maybe 1 or 2) where I THOUGHT you might know what you're talking about has been overshadowed by this post. Go hang out with your boy with the new hole in his block
Old Feb 28, 2010, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

So, Carlos, how did your AMG do at SIR? Don't keep us in suspense.

Old Feb 28, 2010, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

wow that beastttttyy evo!
Old Feb 28, 2010, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

that car looks MEAN.... and expensive! LOL
Old Feb 28, 2010, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

lol you just got shut down by the guy that built it. why would he need headlights if its a straight drag car? moron. quit your hatin..

Quick Reply: So who is this guy trapping 160mph with like a 3 sec 60ft