Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Hoosiers DR's work for sure :)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2010, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bsander
They look good mounted with the white walls out, don't they? haha I have them mounted the same way, looks great!!
it warns people tho. i struggled with bad track prep, but im super pleased with them. Had i been on my fedrals i wouldnt cut under a 1.8. t
Old Mar 15, 2010, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Cool i thought 9sec9 ran the slicks....Those DR's look good though and u said they handle fine as long as it is dry i assume.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Qtp's are d.o.t approved and they hook way better they have way more side wall the best i have seen so far out of the new hoosiers are high 1.5's witch i cut on 255/40/17 street tires im not really impressed enough to go out a buy a set yet ill stick to the motorcycle m/t's for the 17's
Old Mar 15, 2010, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

yep i have hit a 1.5xx on my 80 dolla street tire as well
Old Mar 15, 2010, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by slow/***/rs
Qtp's are d.o.t approved and they hook way better they have way more side wall the best i have seen so far out of the new hoosiers are high 1.5's witch i cut on 255/40/17 street tires im not really impressed enough to go out a buy a set yet ill stick to the motorcycle m/t's for the 17's
Thanks captin obvious. slicks vrs dr's, which is better. go back and read the post. I went my best 60' ever with these on the worst track prep ive even been yet. that tells me they work for ME.MT slicks huh. and 1.49 is way better than 1.5 huh. Id rather do RIGHT and get QTP's if wanted slicks. besides, i never once compaired these to the QTP's.

Last edited by Turbojunkie; Mar 15, 2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO_MERLE
Cool i thought 9sec9 ran the slicks....Those DR's look good though and u said they handle fine as long as it is dry i assume.
These tires cannot be driven on the street, neither will handle like a normal street tire.

They are DOT approved Drag Radials
Old Mar 15, 2010, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

The subject tires are radial QTPs in a way...

Even the 16s there are two types Radial and Bias ply... The bias ply are the softer ones that people have ran 1.3 60fts...

When track officials notice the MTs you will see that most probably they will not let you race...

If i remember the NHRA rule book you have to have driveshaft loop, scatter shield in order to run full drag slicks and i guarantee you that many cars that use them do not have them... Leave alone the fact that they are motorcycle tires...

The subject tire is a very good effort for another drag radial on the 17 inch size... These are fairly new and people haven't really tested them enough...

The PR guys already running low 1.5 60fts on them...

Plus they are very light at around 20 lbs per tire!

All these benefits and i haven't bought them! LOL.... I decided to go 16 inch QTPs...
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

MT's are suicide, only a matter of time till they pop. they are not ratted for the weight of a EVO
Old Mar 15, 2010, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turbojunkie
Thanks captin obvious. slicks vrs dr's, which is better. go back and read the post. I went my best 60' ever with these on the worst track prep ive even been yet. that tells me they work for ME.MT slicks huh. and 1.49 is way better than 1.5 huh. Id rather do RIGHT and get QTP's if wanted slicks. besides, i never once compaired these to the QTP's.
easy easy they are not a slicks bud they are a D.O.T approved witch slicks are not... no reason to get mad i cut better 60's then you with street tires
Old Mar 16, 2010, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

easy easy they are not a slicks bud they are a D.O.T approved witch slicks are not... no reason to get mad i cut better 60's then you with street tires
yet he's running 0.3 quicker than you are and 6mph faster...not trying to start something just saying.

Also contrary to what people may think, Evo's hate to go to the track on street tires, drivetrain parts get weaker or break because they are not made for that, you either bog or spin too much, as opposed to a good DR.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

not to worry. im not mad. maybe a little agitated by your stupidy, but not mad. congrats on being one the very few who cut 1.5 consistly on street tires. can you post at least three time slips dated the same day with 1.5s back to back? thanx

Last edited by Turbojunkie; Mar 16, 2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Intresting something to look into.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

I just want to add that even though they are not meant to be driven on the street, I did for about 60 miles and the ride was perfect...so you can do it if necessary with no worries.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
I just want to add that even though they are not meant to be driven on the street, I did for about 60 miles and the ride was perfect...so you can do it if necessary with no worries.
i agree. they felt like normal tires on the hwy. I would feel comfortable going to from the track on em for short distances for sure.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
x2 I drove from ASAP to Moroso

I manage to cut a 1.622 without warming up the tires in 35 degree weather

Quick Reply: Hoosiers DR's work for sure :)