Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

STM evo resets new world record 8.34@169.7!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2010, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way I see it is if you make an all out drag car then you should have everything that can help you get out of the hole faster and down the track faster.

So if STM has a shifter that does it automatically, good for them, look like AMS needs to get one to get the record back.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 04:40 PM
Former Sponsor

The fact that the car has an automated shifter certainly does not disqualify it. They are just making good use of available technology. In reality it doesn't really add speed as much as consistancy and repeatability.

Methanol/gasoline and tire size are the only real differences between the cars. The 24.5" tires have a gearing disadvantage but they are also easier on the tcase because the ring gear spins faster and load is put on each tooth for a shorter period of time.

Solid rear end, 4 link, wheelbase changes, longitudinal motor placement, etc....would make better arguements to seperate records or class of cars. None of which STM's car has, so I'd say its as legit as it can get.

Congrats guys!!
Old Mar 20, 2010, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EricJ@AMS
The fact that the car has an automated shifter certainly does not disqualify it. They are just making good use of available technology. In reality it doesn't really add speed as much as consistancy and repeatability.

Methanol/gasoline and tire size are the only real differences between the cars. The 24.5" tires have a gearing disadvantage but they are also easier on the tcase because the ring gear spins faster and load is put on each tooth for a shorter period of time.

Solid rear end, 4 link, wheelbase changes, longitudinal motor placement, etc....would make better arguements to seperate records or class of cars. None of which STM's car has, so I'd say its as legit as it can get.

Congrats guys!!

Gotta love AMS nothing but love.

Congrats STM.

Scorke
Old Mar 20, 2010, 04:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Love the multi angle! Helps you see how well the vehicle actually moves down the track. Big !

Murph
Old Mar 20, 2010, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

Holy crap that was awesome.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
3rd gear was pulling nice they got it to go stright
Old Mar 20, 2010, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats guys!!
Great reply. You guys have a good attitude!

Originally Posted by Joshs EVO
The way I see it is if you make an all out drag car then you should have everything that can help you get out of the hole faster and down the track faster.

So if STM has a shifter that does it automatically, good for them, look like AMS needs to get one to get the record back.

I dont think that is going to be a magic fix to get a better time as stated above by ams. Like ive said i still think andre and the team have got alot more left in it aswell so the times will still be set to drop more
Old Mar 20, 2010, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Jesus that thing is fast! I guess you don't realize how fast a car is, but with all those angles it definitely shows...
Old Mar 20, 2010, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats guys!!

After the mile run race will you guys go for a 1/4 mile run again?
Old Mar 20, 2010, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

damn! that is wicked fast! lol
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

Rear view of the launch looked like someone just fast-fowarded the video. WTF @ the 1.28 60'. This car is unreal. Runs very smoothly down the track, but after the traps its a little to squirrley for me. I gues it just comes with the territory. Its good to see someone keep going for the big records.

Last edited by lillev23; Mar 20, 2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

That was also badass to see an Evo walk in a R32 Skyline. lol
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

That car is insane! congrats on the record!
Old Mar 20, 2010, 11:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want one haha! Incredible and the camera views make the pass that much better!

Does this thing have the ***** to be the first ct9a in the 7s?

Cheers!
Old Mar 21, 2010, 04:20 AM

Talking New world record- aiming for 7's next season!

Hi guys cheers for the.. (fact) The skyline i was racing holds the title of been the Fastest 4wd in the world, he's had that title for about 5-6 years.. I've won 2 out of 2 vs him. Counting myself lucky the next race i seen him do was a 8 flat..

That's pretty much our season over now. We will be making a few changes between seasons, moving the car into the sport compact bracket going with the larger slicks and then aiming for the 7's..

I'd like to thank:
SPARKTECH IGNITION SYSTEMS
www.SparkTechIgnitions.net

STM
www.speedtechnz.com

Crew- couldn't of done this with out you.

Quick Reply: STM evo resets new world record 8.34@169.7!!!