Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Cages NHRA Cert?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2010, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cages NHRA Cert?

didn't want to make a thread but had no other way of getting in contact with RnR racing. I was interested in a cage that they were starting to produce, PM me with some prices! thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2010, 04:24 PM

admin, is there a better place to move this thread?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

RnR is long gone. Shady characters.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 07:24 PM

ahh, thanks for the info! do you know of anyone else who sells cages that are NHRA cert? thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2010, 07:29 AM

Anyone know a reliable and somewhat inexpensive place to get a roll cage?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Autopower is the only thing I've found. I'm looking for something cheaper as well.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Roll cages aren't something i would look for by "who's cheaper" I personally don't like the look of how the autopower cage fits so I'm having a local racecar builder put one together for me. We came up with a very cool design that should be WAY easy to get in and out without removable or swingout doorbars. I just have to do some homework now and contact some NHRA guys to make sure it will be up to snuff with the current rule changes.

The way we have it mapped out it hits all the vital suspension points at the anchor points and should make the car much more stiffer and easier to tune at the track. The cage will be mostly hidden and the rear seat will still be usable (have two kids) going for a 8.50 cert sticker just in case
Old Apr 21, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sho669
Roll cages aren't something i would look for by "who's cheaper" I personally don't like the look of how the autopower cage fits so I'm having a local racecar builder put one together for me. We came up with a very cool design that should be WAY easy to get in and out without removable or swingout doorbars. I just have to do some homework now and contact some NHRA guys to make sure it will be up to snuff with the current rule changes.

The way we have it mapped out it hits all the vital suspension points at the anchor points and should make the car much more stiffer and easier to tune at the track. The cage will be mostly hidden and the rear seat will still be usable (have two kids) going for a 8.50 cert sticker just in case
Well the way I look at it, my car isn't a race car. It's just a fast street car. Whether it's going fast on the track or street I'm taking the same risk. I don't want to run a cage, but if I have to I'm going with the cheapest thing that will pass tech. It's still better than nothing. I still want to have back seats, ya know?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by icantdrive75
Well the way I look at it, my car isn't a race car. It's just a fast street car. Whether it's going fast on the track or street I'm taking the same risk. I don't want to run a cage, but if I have to I'm going with the cheapest thing that will pass tech. It's still better than nothing. I still want to have back seats, ya know?
Exactly thats why i'm building mine to MY specs. Overall goal is to run deep into the 9's in a full weight car with all the safety equipment installed and my two little girls in their car seats on the way to the track. Also have to get a NHRA license, going to do it the legit way, no gutted out tin can without cage...full street car on drag radials.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sho669
Exactly thats why i'm building mine to MY specs. Overall goal is to run deep into the 9's in a full weight car with all the safety equipment installed and my two little girls in their car seats on the way to the track. Also have to get a NHRA license, going to do it the legit way, no gutted out tin can without cage...full street car on drag radials.
In this instance. TTIWWOP. What're you doing?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

sorry don't get the web lingo there just building another fast evo that see's street duty almost everyday. want it to be safe for myself and my familly and be built to a higher level than some that I have seen running the same e.t.'s

i'll probably post a thread when the cage is done, should be pretty cool stuff but may be a little extreme for some.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

haha sorry, This Thread Is Worthless Without Pics. I'd like to see what you're doing.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

Autopower cage is useless.The minimum you need is a 6 point roll bar made with 1 3/4" tubing.This is good to 10.00 only down side is the tubing size which is 1 3/4" which is bigger then the 1 5/8" required for a full cage which is good to 8.50
Old May 6, 2010, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

Just found these guys. They have been hiding.

http://www.swracecars.com/store/view...rch=Mitsubishi
Old May 6, 2010, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

sent em an e-mail about my idea to see if they think it'll fly. these guys have been building good stuff for a while, used em on domestic stuff before. don't know why i overlooked em about evo stuff oh well, good find!

Quick Reply: Cages NHRA Cert?