Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

AWD Motorsports Bastard Evo.. Looking for Some Drag Radial Records!!!

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2010, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by diiirk@AwdMotorsports
Very succesful night tonight. Got the car dialed really good. It's getting out of the hole so smooh and gradual. I am loving this boost by gear. The car is so consistent. We got 4 passes for the night. Ran 9.5 , 9.5 , 9.5 , 9.4. Best 60 ft was a 1.55. Might be able to get the et down a little bit, I still got a little bit of boost left on the table, but not trying to kill it before the event. I will turn it up if we need it.

Diiirk
You seem to like that vowel 'I' a lot!
I prefer 'We' but it's not exactly a vowel.

Originally Posted by purevibez
dont worry about no record mike, just drive the car and get it dialed in proper, the record will come on its own once that happens. hopefully here in a few more weeks ill be shooting for a record myself under the AWDM banner, but in a different class, lol
Trust me that was the main objective of tonight. Most are content with setting records. To me going to an event to set a record is just plain stupid not to mention you're not going to take home any trophies or prize money that way. You of all should know I won't be involved if the objective is not worth it. I have enough racers/cars out there at every event representing.
Anyway got to give props to everyone out there tonight. Anthony for superb driving as usual and Derek for working his magic with the stock ecu. Everyone's hard work is paying off. We have basically two events this weekend so there's a lot of rounds to get through.

Last edited by crispeed; May 12, 2010 at 08:14 PM.
Old May 12, 2010, 08:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The radials we are restricted to are a 245 tire.. We are running Hoosier Radial.. The 60fts were not great, only 1.53 but it made for a consistent car tonight.. The car ran 9.4-9.5 on 4 passes back to back..

Mike
Old May 12, 2010, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
The radials we are restricted to are a 245 tire.. We are running Hoosier Radial.. The 60fts were not great, only 1.53 but it made for a consistent car tonight.. The car ran 9.4-9.5 on 4 passes back to back..

Mike
It ran 9.57, 9.52, 9.53 and 9.43 all at 152-153mph.
Getting the correct tire pressure dialed in to suit the track conditions tonight was not as bad as it's usually. I know for weekend when the track prep is normally a lot better 'WE' will have our work cut out for us!

Last edited by crispeed; May 12, 2010 at 09:11 PM.
Old May 12, 2010, 09:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lillev23
Way to get it done guys. This is exactly what Diiirk and I were talking about. Its crazy how you guys say you are going to do something, then in a short amount of time you get it done. Then you move on to the next goal. AWD FTW
Thanks lev.. Bro I really hope you can come this weekend.. I would LOVE to help you get that car in the 9s on stock motor.. We appreciate all the support.. We consider you part of the AWD family.. Lets get it done!!!!

Mike
Old May 12, 2010, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Mike
Mike I was talking to diiirk about this earlier today but I wanted your opinion too.

If you put the bigger turbo on then and combined it up with the boost control now on the car you think you could squeak a high 8's pass in it on radials?
Old May 12, 2010, 10:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RoadSpike
Mike I was talking to diiirk about this earlier today but I wanted your opinion too.

If you put the bigger turbo on then and combined it up with the boost control now on the car you think you could squeak a high 8's pass in it on radials?
I wont say it CANT be done but it would be a real challenge.. You need HP to get the car moving and by dropping the boost we are down HP out of the gate.. If you look at our 8 second vids the cars MOVE OUT on the 1-2 and they need to STICK that power 780-800hp to the ground to make it happen..This car is around 2950 now with driver so its more like 820 it would need to run 8s on a slick..

Could it be done?? YES, after seeing these sh1tty 60fts on the radials i think it could if we could drop 1/10th or a little more and crank up the power.. Will i attempt it?? I really dont think so.. These drag radials will tear apart the driveline with 1 bad wheel hop and id rather throw on a set of slicks and try and run 8s on stock ECU any way i could get it..

Mike
Old May 12, 2010, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should be an exciting weekend.
Old May 12, 2010, 10:32 PM
Evolved Member

I wont say it CANT be done but it would be a real challenge.. You need HP to get the car moving and by dropping the boost we are down HP out of the gate.. If you look at our 8 second vids the cars MOVE OUT on the 1-2 and they need to STICK that power 780-800hp to the ground to make it happen..This car is around 2950 now with driver so its more like 820 it would need to run 8s on a slick..

Could it be done?? YES, after seeing these sh1tty 60fts on the radials i think it could if we could drop 1/10th or a little more and crank up the power.. Will i attempt it?? I really dont think so.. These drag radials will tear apart the driveline with 1 bad wheel hop and id rather throw on a set of slicks and try and run 8s on stock ECU any way i could get it..

Mike
Sounds good look forward to seeing video of the beast.
Old May 12, 2010, 10:38 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, good work guys. Mid 9's all day in a street car is just another day for you guys.
Old May 12, 2010, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

I'm guessing we have actually finish the golf cart and prep that beast for its debut
Old May 12, 2010, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

great job, cant wait to get a set a drag radials for my rig!
Old May 12, 2010, 11:41 PM

impressive results
Old May 13, 2010, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dmoevo
I'm guessing we have actually finish the golf cart and prep that beast for its debut
'WE'!

The top and the rear seat are right where you left it!
Old May 13, 2010, 09:27 AM

actually the record is 9.40

E/T: 9.404 @ 150.44 MPH

good look yo you mike
Old May 13, 2010, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Mike
What 60fts were you expecting from a drag radial tire? There is always BfGoodrich or Nitto? Seems like you're the only person thats not happy with them. Good **** nontheless

Quick Reply: AWD Motorsports Bastard Evo.. Looking for Some Drag Radial Records!!!