Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Hoosier 245/45-17 drag radials

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2010, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pat was talking about me, I drove my DR's around from the Shop to my house and then to the track, I would definately say no to daily driving as they squiggle around even with 40psi in them(no sidewall support). At the track I start at 25psi and work down depending on traction available. As someone stated above unless your made of $100 bills and you don't mind the car feeling really vague in turns then have at it, its your ride!!
Old Jun 17, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh absolutely I dont plan on DD'ing on them at all Id prolly have em on the car maybe 3-5 days a month at most, I figured hi 30-40 something psi for road driving. Im definitely not planning on ripping any turns with these either
Old Jun 18, 2010, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Svendiesel
Oh absolutely I dont plan on DD'ing on them at all Id prolly have em on the car maybe 3-5 days a month at most, I figured hi 30-40 something psi for road driving. Im definitely not planning on ripping any turns with these either
I dont dd my evo. i drive to to the track and home. These do just fine on the street if drive a normal person. i drive to and from with 38psi in em. One the tracks i visit is only 25 miles away. the other is more like 50. Only time will tell how much road driving is going to wear em, but so far no issues at all. Obviously your states road conditions will play a big part in how safe these are. Oregon's highways are kept in really good shape and the county jails make sure road debris is clear for the most part.

Last edited by Turbojunkie; Jun 18, 2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Ah thats nice. See the roads here in NJ...theye special. Theyve either just been freshly paved and are in decent shape, or you'd think you were driving down a bombed out road in Bosnia. Its really hit or miss lol.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im rocking them on the street, i have my pressure at 25. i love these things!

like everyone said, avoid taking turns fast and DEF no rain. my car never sees rain anyway, its just a weekend warrior/track *****.

i get a kick when stopped and lights and people look at me like "whoa, this guy means business"

Last edited by psphinx81; Jun 18, 2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

get QTP's. the extra sidewall is worth it, imo.

i DD my qtp's on my srt (granted not many miles driven, but theyre never taken off)..no regrets...traction in a 600+ car is FTW, not to mention...just looks f'n badass on the street. lol

Old Jun 18, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Yea the QTP's do look/are bad ***. I did originally want the QTp's. I cant do em tho, dont wanna go thru the hassle of finding RX7 wheels to clear the stock calipers and run spacers for the whees and extended studs. Too much of a PITA imo. I already bought a set of stock wheels for the DR's.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by norcalSRTrida
get QTP's. the extra sidewall is worth it, imo.

i DD my qtp's on my srt (granted not many miles driven, but theyre never taken off)..no regrets...traction in a 600+ car is FTW, not to mention...just looks f'n badass on the street. lol

On the SRT its easy to run QTPs. With the evo you have to get a smaller rim and only a few work with the brembos, you have to get spacers for the front or just remove the brembos all together. IMO the hoosiers are a quick way to upgade to a nice set of aftermarket wheels and keep your stockers to run the hoosiers at the track.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Cant wait to see em on the car, wheel color is flat camo green by Krylon.

Old Jul 10, 2010, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evolancer04
On the SRT its easy to run QTPs. With the evo you have to get a smaller rim and only a few work with the brembos, you have to get spacers for the front or just remove the brembos all together. IMO the hoosiers are a quick way to upgade to a nice set of aftermarket wheels and keep your stockers to run the hoosiers at the track.
ok...i had to get new rims and decent sized spacers as well as hack up my fender well to make them fit w/o cutting them to bits... its the name of the game...sometimes having the best performance cost a lil extra..
Old Jul 12, 2010, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Svendiesel
Cant wait to see em on the car, wheel color is flat camo green by Krylon.

What color car are those going on
Old Jul 12, 2010, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

My car is graphite grey. I think it'll look really good, and very subtle. In person, they barely look green at all. If they turn out looking like poop on the car, Ill solve it by sanding them down and just painting them black lol.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

I like the white Hoosier, yeah driving around on the street with those would prob instill fear with the local racers.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i rock them on the street

most people look at you like WTF.. this dude means business
Old Jul 13, 2010, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

I drove my car for about a month with these on. Total of 2 back to back trips to the track 110 miles each way. I wore them out more at the track than any other regular driving that I did.
I ran them close to 40 psi. Took corners like regular tires with no issues. The side wall gets stiff at higher psi. I drop them to 15 at the track to get some give on the sidewalls. I love shaking the car sideways to see how much they flex. Haha.

Quick Reply: Hoosier 245/45-17 drag radials