Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Mikey's FP Black street tires 10.6@136

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by evodude32
Nice run. although it didn't sound like you spun through 3rd gear Maybe some in 1st. But didn't sound like the RPM's were going to nuts in 2nd or 3rd.

136mph trap is moving for sure. I would say there is another 2mph just from shifting. Sounded like you really took it easy on her.

If you are going to continue to run on your 18's you should look at the Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials. I have them on my car and love them!! 245/40/18. Car went from Nitto NT05's to these and it went from FWD style wheel spin 1st-2nd gear to completely 100% dead hook from a 1st gear roll on the street. They don't break loose on me at all from roll outs like it did before with the NItto's. Now on a launch I can get them to spin, but hardly hit the rev limiter on a unprepped track.
It was acting really weird in 2nd, when I shifted it would bog a bit and then started to break lose as the turbo spooled back up... In 3rd on 10.6 run I don't think was spinning. This was one of the two runs that I launched pre pit to get the tires warmed up. I ran a few 11-12s spinning really bad prior. I really hate my 225 kumho.

This was my first time at the track with the evo. I came from a honda back ground so I have some learning to do for sure. I took it easy on the car on all shifts today. I am on my third tranny and I would like to keep it, granted the other 2 were 6 speeds, I could have pounded on it a bit harder but I have had bad luck with trannys in the past.

I didn't NLTS any of my passes and don't plan to. I also have a bad syncro in 4th so I had to granny shift 4th today... kinda sucks because I'm sure that was hurting my time too.

Like I said, first time at the track and I have some learning to do, I'll be the first to admit that but for my first time with 600+hp and first time at the track I think I did fairly decent. I didn't break anything and that was my main goal.

I went to the track looking for a 10.4 @ 138 and didn't get that but better luck next time.

Originally Posted by Fathouse
Good job dude!
Thanks bud!

Mikey
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BLKCarbonEVO
...I could have pounded on it a bit harder but I have had bad luck with trannys in the past...
I'm not sure what your time overseas has anything to do with drag racing.

Friggin' good run, given the scenario you were in! I wish I coulda been there in your crew. This foot/ankle ain't getting any better. I'm so depressed.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

It was acting really weird in 2nd, when I shifted it would bog a bit and then started to break lose as the turbo spooled back up... In 3rd on 10.6 run I don't think was spinning. This was one of the two runs that I launched pre pit to get the tires warmed up. I ran a few 11-12s spinning really bad prior. I really hate my 225 kumho.

This was my first time at the track with the evo. I came from a honda back ground so I have some learning to do for sure. I took it easy on the car on all shifts today. I am on my third tranny and I would like to keep it, granted the other 2 were 6 speeds, I could have pounded on it a bit harder but I have had bad luck with trannys in the past.

I didn't NLTS any of my passes and don't plan to. I also have a bad syncro in 4th so I had to granny shift 4th today... kinda sucks because I'm sure that was hurting my time too.

Like I said, first time at the track and I have some learning to do, I'll be the first to admit that but for my first time with 600+hp and first time at the track I think I did fairly decent. I didn't break anything and that was my main goal.

I went to the track looking for a 10.4 @ 138 and didn't get that but better luck next time.

Thanks bud!

Mikey
Gotcha on the wheel spin. I was confused by the video.
You did just fine your 1st time out, and you left some on the table. I hear ya about breaking parts. It sucks when it does happen but I have learned to expect something to break when racing at this power level

Slow shifts into 4th gear will kill MPH for sure, that's why I was thinking you had another 2mph in her.
But again, not bad at all your 1st time out man! Good job on the build!
Old Jul 18, 2010, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yahu
I'm not sure what your time overseas has anything to do with drag racing.

Friggin' good run, given the scenario you were in! I wish I coulda been there in your crew. This foot/ankle ain't getting any better. I'm so depressed.
I really need to watch what I say when you are snooping through my threads...

Ya, I would have loved to have you there. You would have had a blast but I understand you are old... We could have put you in a Mobility Power Chair...

Originally Posted by evodude32
Gotcha on the wheel spin. I was confused by the video.
You did just fine your 1st time out, and you left some on the table. I hear ya about breaking parts. It sucks when it does happen but I have learned to expect something to break when racing at this power level

Slow shifts into 4th gear will kill MPH for sure, that's why I was thinking you had another 2mph in her.
But again, not bad at all your 1st time out man! Good job on the build!
Ya I hate breaking ****. I think ER has my car more than I do. I def agree that there is more left on the table. It was good to get a feel for the car today though.

Ya 4th did kill my mph, but that is life. Thanks, I put a lot of time and money into my build so it is nice to see it starting to pay off!

Mikey
Old Jul 18, 2010, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

I really need to watch what I say when you are snooping through my threads...

Ya, I would have loved to have you there. You would have had a blast but I understand you are old... We could have put you in a Mobility Power Chair...

I actually did think about renting a Hoveround and showing up, but my ego couldn't take it right now. If the Evo were running I would've likely done it!
Old Jul 18, 2010, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm honestly right with you man, and definitely a good job for first time with the evo. I don't really plan on driving the ***** off my car either eventho ill be on the hoosier dr's. Ill hopefully get close to a low ten somewhere just under 140 and I would be happy with that. I don't plan on driving it like I'm out there tryin to set any records
Old Jul 18, 2010, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice run!
Old Jul 18, 2010, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yahu

I actually did think about renting a Hoveround and showing up, but my ego couldn't take it right now. If the Evo were running I would've likely done it!
Hopefully your evo will be done shortly. I'm taking my car back to ER the last Friday of the month so maybe you can get off work and come with and we can pick your car up as we drop mine off

Originally Posted by Svendiesel
I'm honestly right with you man, and definitely a good job for first time with the evo. I don't really plan on driving the ***** off my car either eventho ill be on the hoosier dr's. Ill hopefully get close to a low ten somewhere just under 140 and I would be happy with that. I don't plan on driving it like I'm out there tryin to set any records
Agreed! I'm not out there to break records. Those are the guys with tin can EVOs and pockets deeper than the Pacific Ocean...

Mikey
Old Jul 18, 2010, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Agreed! I'm not out there to break records. Those are the guys with tin can EVOs and pockets deeper than the Pacific Ocean...

Mikey
My pockets sure as hell aren't deep. I just had certain goal in mind when I built my car. Now I wish I had money for a built motor! . It's all about parts selection. Mine is also as far away from a tin can as you can get. If it was it probably would have run some 9.80s easily.

Last edited by lillev23; Jul 18, 2010 at 11:43 PM.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lillev23
My pockets sure as hell aren't deep. I just had certain goal in mind when I built my car. Now I wish I had money for a built motor! . It's all about parts selection. Mine is also as far away from a tin can as you can get. If it was it probably would have run some 9.80s easily.
What is the fastest that you were able to run on street tires?

Mikey
Old Jul 19, 2010, 12:08 AM
Evolving Member

You represent Evo's well. **thumbs up**
Old Jul 19, 2010, 12:55 AM
Evolved Member

What is the fastest that you were able to run on street tires?

Mikey
I wouldn't know because I never ran my car at the power level its at now on regular street tires. I still drive my car, but I probably won't be taking it to the track anymore until I get a built motor. I'm done playing russian roulette . I would imagine it would be somewhere in the area of where your car is now, or maybe a 10.5. On my old fpred setup, I was cutting 1.63 60' on fuzion zris so our times might be pretty close.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Nice run. There not too many street legal cars that can trap 136. Congrats!
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea definitely a good run considering the first time with the Evo. Im in the same boat as you, Im not gonna drive it like Im gonna try to break any records. Even tho Ill be on the Hoosier DR's, I still dont plan on driving the ***** off of it.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice to finallt see some runs out of that beast! Been watching the build thread for a while, now if you out as much attention to detail in the chassis setup as the engine this thing could be a quarter mile monster

Sweet run for street trim though!