Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

18th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout results/pictures/video thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2010, 09:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks like everyone had a Blast man !!!!!!
Old Aug 19, 2010, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Had a really good time!! It was nice to meet the people behind these internet screen names lol

How was the track prep for everyone? Seemed to be like cars just weren't hooken up?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 09:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
Had a really good time!! It was nice to meet the people behind these internet screen names lol

How was the track prep for everyone? Seemed to be like cars just weren't hooken up?
Seemed to me they were. It was better then most other tracks in those heat conditions.

Great pictures STM.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

The last event they had back in the spring everyone kept breaking sh*t because of the track prep being to good. Or was that last years event? I remember reading about it.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 09:23 AM
Account Disabled

More pics pleaseeee
Old Aug 20, 2010, 04:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by FL_SilverEvo8
The last event they had back in the spring everyone kept breaking sh*t because of the track prep being to good. Or was that last years event? I remember reading about it.
same with this year. every other dsm kept breaking. it was getting annoying. they should give the dsm's their own track to break every other pass on.

theres only a select few dsm's that actually dont break. ETS, gastroker, kiggly, maps rx7, etc.. missing a handful more but you get the idea. map did blow a hg but they have a catch for the fluid so you couldnt even tell.

Its just every time a dsm went down the track you would sit there and pray it wouldnt do something stupid.

I heard some horribly tuned vehicles as well goin down that track.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

moar!
Old Aug 21, 2010, 04:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
We had a good time, although the car was running super rich and misfiring due to believing a dying O2 sensor and then it ate the oil pump on the second pass. Spitting and sputtering at 9.0:1 AFR it ran 8.8 at 155 and 8.9 at 150mph. This wasn't exactly what we were hoping to do, but when I went to lean it out to an ignitable AFR for Q3 I found the stream of oil covering the timing belt area. It was definitely nice to be back at the shootout since we missed last year. Its a great event with great people. Thanks for putting this event on every year Buschur Racing.

The track was great too, even with a bunch of misfires before the 60' the first hit was a 1.320 60' time with no tire shake (poor track conditions bring on tire shake if the car is too aggressive). With it firing clean it would have definitely been a high 1.2 as the car normally pulls and the power curve off the line was set up for. The track probably had more in it as well based on the tire lack-of-graining pattern after the first couple passes. I'm sure it wasn't as great later in the day, but it was excellent for the 10am and 11am sessions.

On the positive side, this means it was running 8.3's at about a 9.5:1 AFR and 43-45psi. Next time out will be leaner and hopefully more boost, gunning for 7's as we were intending to attempt at the shootout.

Kevin
Old Aug 28, 2010, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
David tried stealing my plate. Sorry amigo. Thanks for signing it though

Old Aug 28, 2010, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The event was awesome (minus the heat, got me really good lol), It was great meeting and/or hangin with Curt, Max (warp9), Ron shearer, and everyone else and I cant wait for next year.

Myself and Dan (evodan2004) on our drive out to Ohio, stopped in Ohio to take a break.

Heres some pics I took
Dave's RS

Curts IX

My IX getting tuned on Friday

Buschur's Dyno/Open House day

Hopefully next year
Old Aug 28, 2010, 06:17 PM

Jeff Bush and Jesse Abele Race

My husband went 8.79 @ 158 i believe in his qualifying pass. He made a video of his car plus alot of ppl have a vid of him and jeff bush racing. Here are the 2 vids he has.

Heres my husbands video

2010 dsm shootout

Heres Jeff bush vs Jesse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAYjj...layer_embedded

Unfortunately jesses car died on the line in the final round but luckily it wasnt anything serious just a broken fuse in the MSD box. Ill try and get some pictures up soon as well. Just thought id share some vids!
Old Aug 28, 2010, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That was such a sick match up ^
Old Aug 28, 2010, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Damn. Aren't these the #1 and #2 fastest auto dsms in the world?
Old Aug 28, 2010, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Svendiesel

Hopefully next year
I'm sure this car inspired alot of people to start modifying DSMs (me being on of them). I can't wait to see this car back on the track. It's been like 3 or 4 years now, right?
Old Aug 28, 2010, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Svendiesel
The event was awesome (minus the heat, got me really good lol), It was great meeting and/or hangin with Curt, Max (warp9), Ron shearer, and everyone else and I cant wait for next year.

Myself and Dan (evodan2004) on our drive out to Ohio, stopped in Ohio to take a break.
HAHA i cant believe after the show i put on for the 2 cops trying to get into the parking lot i was not stopped and asked if i was drunk. ''no i was not'' but holy crap. i was so confused. i almost drove across the grass at the same time of driving on the wrong side of the road. then a hard right turn back across the hole road into the parking lot. meanwhile 2 cops where right behind me and 2 other cops where next to where we were parked. eppic.

Quick Reply: 18th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout results/pictures/video thread