Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Canada's Top 10 Fastest Evo X's 1/4 Mile

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2012, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our Canadian tracks aren't too bad..but there is lots to be desired. Most test and tune days the tracks are barely swept.

That and none of is evo guys make 600+ and hit the track..most are 350-400 and never track. And yes we do have very very very veryyyyyy bad tuners in Canada. I'd call them more of a lawyer they try n help but just end up stealing all your funds.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 04:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Widoww
Our Canadian tracks aren't too bad..but there is lots to be desired. Most test and tune days the tracks are barely swept.

That and none of is evo guys make 600+ and hit the track..most are 350-400 and never track. And yes we do have very very very veryyyyyy bad tuners in Canada. I'd call them more of a lawyer they try n help but just end up stealing all your funds.
Tony from Dynamotorsports is an outstanding tuner with over 12 years of tuning experience! He has tuned everything from 150whp Honda's up to 1200+whp Supra's.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 06:52 AM

I am not sure i 100% agree here. We have some great tuners but you have to pay out the a$$ for them. Guys send their cars from all over the world to Magnus but it will cost you a pretty penny. Neetronics are really well known in the Subaru community and top notch. Four star I hear is good as well but once again it will cost you well over a grand for the tune.

I took my car to Neetronics mainly due to price. I am pretty happy with the result. I left my car on a conservative tune mainly because i got freaked out after that many pulls. It is scary to watch. They told me they could squeeze a bit more out of it and if i wanted to continue. I declided as i wanted to stay on the side of caution. Now the only thing they didnt touch was MIVEC. Seeing as i had stock cams i dont think it was needed. Do you know if any american tuners are getting into mivec?
Old Aug 12, 2012, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
I took my car to MAP, since they're "only" 8 hours from me lol. They did a pretty decent job.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 07:17 AM

My issue with that is if there are any issues you can not go back. I have dropped into my tuner a few times just to check some things for me. Sure you can do it over email but sometimes its easier to have them drive it and tell you. I went back as i thought i had an issue but it turned out to be a boost leak. They were able to tell me that in 5 mins.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Neetronics still isn't doing mivec? So sad...I bet you also get 350km per tank too right lol..get a good tune and you'll pick up 20hp safely and spool and fuel economy.

Magnus blew up multiple motors, join facebook groups and ask about that "t00ner" lololol

Don't know about the other shop, but just because someone can tune a Honda doesn't mean they can tune an evo

Take your tunes to anyone across the border MAP, being a great example and they will likely laugh at the map on your car, seriously.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:45 AM

Well the reality is we dont have as many Evos here as you guys down south so i have no doubt that your tuners are better. I know 2 guys personally with blown motors that were tuned at Magnus. Which is why i didnt go there. Where is MAP? What do they charge?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:44 PM
Evolving Member

Neetronics still isn't doing mivec? So sad...I bet you also get 350km per tank too right lol..get a good tune and you'll pick up 20hp safely and spool and fuel economy.

Magnus blew up multiple motors, join facebook groups and ask about that "t00ner" lololol

Don't know about the other shop, but just because someone can tune a Honda doesn't mean they can tune an evo

Take your tunes to anyone across the border MAP, being a great example and they will likely laugh at the map on your car, seriously.
Actually that does mean you can tune EVO, let alone any car as long as you can get access to a program that allows full control. Tony from DMT has a 660whp Integra, 740whp Camry, 1208whp Supra, and OHHHH my goodness a 490+whp GT3076r stock block EVO! It can't be true! Tony also tunes European cars. IE VW's and BMW's producing high hp setups, and has also tuned pro-compact 4 cylinders making over a 1000hp.

I honestly think you have no clue what you are talking about with the tuners up here. You say you do, but you have never even heard of dynamotorsports LOL, so how does that mean you even have the right to say everyone up here sucks!!! Yes I agree that Magnus is no good, and I am also not a fan of Neetronics! but that doesn't mean there is not honest and knowledgeable tuners up here!

Here is his website with hundreds of the cars he has tuned! When you have tuned probably over a 1000 cars in the last decade there is no doubt you have the knowledge to adapt to tuning other cars.
www.dynamotorsports.ca

Again, quit thinking that everyone up here sucks at tuning. I remember some guy taking his car for nearly an 8 hour drive in the states to have someone tune his car! He did all that to only have the car make less hp, and be less reliable with the timing being off by so much the car only lasted a week!!!!

Last edited by BOOSTED_H22A; Aug 14, 2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

Yawn

Ask how many mRs he has tuned. Then talk your shenanigans.

Magnus has a fast 4g63 and has multiple blown evo xs under his belt..all gsrs..the easy ones to tune lol..this dynamotorsports who cares what they "have" done. This is an evo x and it's different period.

Funny how NONE of the Evo x guys in 3 groups based in the GTA had ever mentioned this so called amazing shop..lol and there's easily 75 of us

Oh well I've been to 5-6 different shops GTA and they are all filthy and can't tune. My blown motor shows that, same with the two people u know from Magnus
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

Yawn

Ask how many mRs he has tuned. Then talk your shenanigans.

Magnus has a fast 4g63 and has multiple blown evo xs under his belt..all gsrs..the easy ones to tune lol..this dynamotorsports who cares what they "have" done. This is an evo x and it's different period.

Funny how NONE of the Evo x guys in 3 groups based in the GTA had ever mentioned this so called amazing shop..lol and there's easily 75 of us

Oh well I've been to 5-6 different shops GTA and they are all filthy and can't tune. My blown motor shows that, same with the two people u know from Magnus
Thats because Magnus tunes full throttle and goes to crazy with making high hp. They do have a fast Talon when it can actually make a full pass, ie runs like a bag of crap. So thats your problem for not doing the proper research before getting your car tuned.

Again with your ridiculous comments of this is an EVO X makes me laugh. If he has the software he can tune it. So your saying he can make over a 1000whp on a stock motor supra but cant tune an evo x. Can tune twin turbo vipers, but cant tune an evo x. Can tune honda, bmw, vw, nissan, gm, ford, dodge, and so on, but cant tune an EVO X. Seriously take a second and think about how ridiculous that sounds.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Huh, will i guess i learn something new everyday. I didn't realize Magnus had such a bad rep.....I like a lot of the parts they offer, and a friend of mine (right or wrong) considers Marco a god lol.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Still 75 of us have never heard of this amazing local shop you praise.

What's the address maybe I'll stop in and test his knowledge and see his amazing skills first hand .

If any of you own evos and are local to GTa we have Facebook groups youcan join and hear first hand experience from local shops. We wont post all the good details here

Magnus motor count : 3 possibly 4 ...this year
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Still 75 of us have never heard of this amazing local shop you praise.

What's the address maybe I'll stop in and test his knowledge and see his amazing skills first hand .

If any of you own evos and are local to GTa we have Facebook groups youcan join and hear first hand experience from local shops. We wont post all the good details here

Magnus motor count : 3 possibly 4 ...this year
The reason why you probably have not heard of him is because he doesn't advertise on any forums, and also doesn't have an AWD dyno. He uses dynapacks, but only has two.

All of his info is on his website and he works from about 6pm to whenever he feels like going home, or whenever the dyno is done being used for the night. Stop by and talk to him. He is quite knowledgeable and never has problem sharing information.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll fly up there and tune a swarm of you guys if needed, its always sad seeing evo's not going fast or getting blown up. Always wanted to get out of the south and see the territory up there.

Not having good tracks sucks too.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Worst part is some american came across the border and blew up at least 8 motors that I know of including mine... would have been better off going with any tuner here in Canada...
but your right tracks here in Canada dont compare to somei of the tracks in the states!