Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Spark Tech sponsored cars competing in the Shootout

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spark Tech sponsored cars competing in the Shootout

Good Luck to everyone...
Old Aug 21, 2011, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks craig. Today was a great day. Extremely long though. But over all with all the issues and delays EVERYONE walked away alive and safe. And that is most important.

Congrats to all the winners and people who did well.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 01:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Craig ; well for us it was a short race,1st test run low boost @ 38lb pulling the shoot before the mark do to track issues on top we manage to get a 9.10@143 with a 1.4 60ft but then at the second test run the engine fail do to oil pressure... Sergio had a better 60ft ... We ran 10.3@91mph with a 1.37 60ft !!! Oh well is all part of racing. But I had a good time, congrat's to all the winners and to David and Crew the event was a great, we are coming back next year for the 20th anniversary ,
Old Aug 22, 2011, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by ProccoEVO
Hi Craig ; well for us it was a short race,1st test run low boost @ 38lb pulling the shoot before the mark do to track issues on top we manage to get a 9.10@143 with a 1.4 60ft but then at the second test run the engine fail do to oil pressure... Sergio had a better 60ft ... We ran 10.3@91mph with a 1.37 60ft !!! Oh well is all part of racing. But I had a good time, congrat's to all the winners and to David and Crew the event was a great, we are coming back next year for the 20th anniversary ,
Sorry to hear that Eddie,i know you will be back stronger than ever
Old Aug 22, 2011, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Last edited by ProccoEVO; Aug 22, 2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old Aug 22, 2011, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Been trying to gather up all the info from the festivities and have found most of the juicy details!

Wish i could have been there to rep CA (NorCal at least)

Looks like most of you did well.....sorry to hear about the motor loss Procco (car is looking great as always though thanks for the pic)

What's the scoop on that SM white Evo haven't seen much info on it besides the vid that showed the staging issues???
Old Aug 24, 2011, 07:56 AM
Former Sponsor

What's the scoop on that SM white Evo haven't seen much info on it besides the vid that showed the staging issues???
Our shop Evo was finished the day before shootout, the car made 903 whp on a FF 6765. Everything was rushed to get out there and the car had no dial in time, it was was the first passes the car has made in 3 yrs. Also the staging brake was not hooked up at all which is the reason for the car creeping a bit at the line. We also had some lock out issues as well. We are working out all the bugs now and will be heading back to the track within the next week or so.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts
Craig thank you for continuing to support us for the past 4 years as you have. This was definitely an interesting trip (I think for everyone competing) but with some data we got despite the car not behaving I think next year is going to be even more fun.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ProccoEVO

Procco/Kings Perf. Thanks for representing us at the shootout. You guys were on a good 8 sec pass when the motor let loose. The 9.10 off the trailer was definitely impressive. Glad to see someone represented Florida at the event.

Keep at it and the racing Gods will reward you soon.

Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by PATRICK B.
Been trying to gather up all the info from the festivities and have found most of the juicy details!

Wish i could have been there to rep CA (NorCal at least)

Looks like most of you did well.

Congrats to Patrick as he now joins the long list of Pro Sequential CDI users.

Look at our sig, this system has taken over and is found on the Worlds Quickest and Fastest Evo's and Dragster

Offered for several years ONLY through S/T. Why run a 2 channel system when your stand alone ecu supports 4 channels/outputs? I don't get it...We put the best flowing intake manifolds(spend lots of time on flow benches), best cams, best turbo, best injectors, best intercooler but then select a 52 millijoules 2 channel cdi to power it all.

Patrick your new system features 105 mj to each plug instead of 52mj split between 2 coils. It would be great to have you represent us at the next shootout also.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 11:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Strictly Modified
Our shop Evo was finished the day before shootout, the car made 903 whp on a FF 6765. Everything was rushed to get out there and the car had no dial in time, it was was the first passes the car has made in 3 yrs. Also the staging brake was not hooked up at all which is the reason for the car creeping a bit at the line. We also had some lock out issues as well. We are working out all the bugs now and will be heading back to the track within the next week or so.

Congrats on a valiant effort at the Shootout. You guys under took a giant task with getting the revamped car out there. I'm glad it made a pass...lots of other shops were standing on the side lines watching... I think a new day is dawning in the Evo world, people are realizing other shops can make big reliable power also.

Glad to hear the Sequential CDI Ignition performed as expected. Thanks for representing us at the Shootout. Where are some good pics of the car? Feel free to post them here.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 12:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Craig thank you for continuing to support us for the past 4 years as you have. This was definitely an interesting trip (I think for everyone competing) but with some data we got despite the car not behaving I think next year is going to be even more fun.

Aaron it has always been a pleasure working with you guys. Congrats on a Great showing at the Shootout. You guys drove a very long distance and raced and did extremely well. Of course we would have liked Jeff to win his class but none the less we were and are VERY proud of his performance Team English has proven that they are a Team and can go rounds and that is very important.

Thanks for your support over the years...
Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Here is our Video of our cars in the Event.

SparkTech Thanks for the Support.

English Racing DST 1st QWK 3rd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nbyefp3D-mc
Old Aug 26, 2011, 08:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SparkTech
Congrats on a valiant effort at the Shootout. You guys under took a giant task with getting the revamped car out there. I'm glad it made a pass...lots of other shops were standing on the side lines watching... I think a new day is dawning in the Evo world, people are realizing other shops can make big reliable power also.

Glad to hear the Sequential CDI Ignition performed as expected. Thanks for representing us at the Shootout. Where are some good pics of the car? Feel free to post them here.
Thank you sir! I wish we had some track time before the shootout but it was cutting it to close. Oh well next year we will be ready!

Thank you for your all your help and support and we will always represent your company!

I found this picture browsing through some shootout pics.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 03:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Strictly Modified
Thank you for your all your help and support and we will always represent your company!

I found this picture browsing through some shootout pics.

I'm liking to looks of the car and 900+whp well that goes without saying

The determination to get it done and there didn't go unnoticed that's for sure.