Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

10's Finally!! 6 years in the making....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2011, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats bro! I'm hoping to get the monkey off my back next Saturday. I hear what your saying about 10s these days not being as "impressive" as a few years back. Seems like everyone runs 9s haha.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 09:05 AM

woot congrats! i want to be into the 10's as well.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 09:14 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any updates with the trans/clutch?? I just picked up a 5 spd to swap into my car & I can't decide on a clutch yet...
Old Sep 18, 2011, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by partyboy1122
Congrats bro! I'm hoping to get the monkey off my back next Saturday. I hear what your saying about 10s these days not being as "impressive" as a few years back. Seems like everyone runs 9s haha.
Originally Posted by dsmnine
woot congrats! i want to be into the 10's as well.
Thanks

Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab
Any updates with the trans/clutch?? I just picked up a 5 spd to swap into my car & I can't decide on a clutch yet...
I have the car at Boostin Performance right now getting the clutch installed and trans freshened up, so I'll be able to provide some feedback next week. It's nice to have a local shop that does trans work and not have to wait for the turn around time of shipping to Shep/TRE. I will provide an update after putting some break-in miles on the clutch
Old Sep 19, 2011, 06:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
We will have the parts early this week for the trans rebuild and have you back on the road by the weekend. Your car is super clean and it has been a pleasure to work on.

Congrats on the 10 second pass!

Devin
Old Sep 26, 2011, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Just a quick update on the car after having the QM 8-leg installed and trans refreshed.... I've put about ~50 miles on the car so far and have no doubt this clutch will solve all my high RPM shifting issues. Compared to the ACT 6-Puck that I was previously running, this thing is buttery smooth getting into gear and for the few times I got on the car it held like a champ and actually spun the 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift It is noisier than the ACT, but that may quiet down after some more break-in miles. It's most noticeable during decel or when the car is in first gear. When shifting from 1-2 or 2-3 there is only a light screech that can be heard. Devin @ Boostin Performance did a great job getting my car turned around and freshening up the tranny, once I get some more break-in miles on the clutch/trans I'll be changing fluid and getting ready to hit the track
Old Sep 26, 2011, 06:53 AM

congrants
Old Sep 26, 2011, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Saw your car at Boostin the day you went to pick it up. Car is so clean man Must be fun driving that beast on the street! Were going to the track this weekend. Weather looks awesome 60s and sunny. Let me know if you can make it!
Old Sep 26, 2011, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Saw your car at Boostin the day you went to pick it up. Car is so clean man Must be fun driving that beast on the street! Were going to the track this weekend. Weather looks awesome 60s and sunny. Let me know if you can make it!

Which day are you guys going? I'm going to King of the Streets at GLD on Saturday to see some badass street cars getting down for big cash
Old Sep 26, 2011, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Creamo3
Which day are you guys going? I'm going to King of the Streets at GLD on Saturday to see some badass street cars getting down for big cash
Im going to the track Saturday i believe. I would rather go Saturday then Sunday. I might have to make it up to KOT on Sunday. I never been to one.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 06:59 AM
Account Disabled

Just a quick update on the car after having the QM 8-leg installed and trans refreshed.... I've put about ~50 miles on the car so far and have no doubt this clutch will solve all my high RPM shifting issues. Compared to the ACT 6-Puck that I was previously running, this thing is buttery smooth getting into gear and for the few times I got on the car it held like a champ and actually spun the 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift It is noisier than the ACT, but that may quiet down after some more break-in miles. It's most noticeable during decel or when the car is in first gear. When shifting from 1-2 or 2-3 there is only a light screech that can be heard. Devin @ Boostin Performance did a great job getting my car turned around and freshening up the tranny, once I get some more break-in miles on the clutch/trans I'll be changing fluid and getting ready to hit the track
Awesome!! Great to hear man, the more reviews like this I hear about the QM 8 Leg helps lock in my decision to purchase it. That's funny you mention how loud it is, my ACT 6 puck actually got louder after about 500 break in miles. Looking forward to your track results. Good luck man!
Old Sep 27, 2011, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Nice job Chris! You've certainly put in the work to earn it.

How much boost are you building off of the 2-step? The car sounds lazy right as you start engaging the clutch to launch. Are you using the launch maps of the V7? With the motorcycle slicks and some practice you should be in a mid to low 1.5 territory and I bet its the 2-step settings that are partly to blame. That should put you in 10.5x's alone. Add some blazing shifts with the new clutch (whether you enable NLTS or not) and I'm guessing to see it in the 9.90-10.25 range

Old Sep 27, 2011, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks Justin You bring up a good point and I've since addressed it in the tune. On that day I had my stationary rev limit set around ~5500 rpm building around 8psi, I've since adjusted my 2-step RPM to ~6200rpm and modified the launch maps (timing/afr) to build around 13-15psi off the line. I agree the car sounded lazy, now that I've raised the RPM it sounds meaner, lol. I'm also going to try out NLTS with the new clutch. I've been looking at a lot of other people's 1/8th mph and mine is really slow compared to most; if I can get that around 106-108mph I should be able to boogie

Originally Posted by Boltz.
Nice job Chris! You've certainly put in the work to earn it.

How much boost are you building off of the 2-step? The car sounds lazy right as you start engaging the clutch to launch. Are you using the launch maps of the V7? With the motorcycle slicks and some practice you should be in a mid to low 1.5 territory and I bet its the 2-step settings that are partly to blame. That should put you in 10.5x's alone. Add some blazing shifts with the new clutch (whether you enable NLTS or not) and I'm guessing to see it in the 9.90-10.25 range

Old Sep 28, 2011, 02:39 PM

congrats on finally hitting your goal....
Old Sep 28, 2011, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Thanks Justin You bring up a good point and I've since addressed it in the tune. On that day I had my stationary rev limit set around ~5500 rpm building around 8psi, I've since adjusted my 2-step RPM to ~6200rpm and modified the launch maps (timing/afr) to build around 13-15psi off the line. I agree the car sounded lazy, now that I've raised the RPM it sounds meaner, lol. I'm also going to try out NLTS with the new clutch. I've been looking at a lot of other people's 1/8th mph and mine is really slow compared to most; if I can get that around 106-108mph I should be able to boogie
Thats the rpm I had my 2step at last year when I was cutting 1.6s on a not so capable clutch. I only build about 8psi also. Once you are ready we can hit the track before the season is over.

Quick Reply: 10's Finally!! 6 years in the making....