Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Quickest stock turbo Evo Ever!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2011, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's crazy to believe you guys are running faster than "Lana" was a couple years back(especially with your 60' times). Well prepped car guys. How much did this car put down on the dyno? I would love to see an FP turbo on this car.

Last edited by lillev23; Oct 8, 2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

That's F'N impressive...
Old Oct 8, 2011, 05:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lillev23
It's crazy to believe you guys are running faster than "Lana" was a couple years back(especially with your 60' times). Well prepped car guys. How much did this car put down on the dyno? I would love to see an FP turbo on this car.

Just need the E-brake to hold and a 9 second pass is there. Watch the video. Trying load the car it rolls forward and breaks the beams. We will make the adjustments needed and head back. With a low 1.4 60 ft. I think its doable and just might happen.

The car made 430/430 on our dyno.

As far as a turbo goes, I would love to see one on the car too but unless its pretty much given to us I don't see it happening anytime soon. Like most people, We are on a budget with this one.

-Em
Old Oct 8, 2011, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

damn guys that thing gets DOWN
Old Oct 8, 2011, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

Holy hell its moving out. Whats it holding for boost up top? 9s would be awesome.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Thats crazy! Congradulations and best of luck reaching 9's!

Em you really are setting the bar high for me! Gona be quite a challenge! Im aiming for this record later this year or very early next year! Just a little friendly competition. I might have to give brian another call hear shortly, got a few ideas to run by him. (Not meant to be instigating or calling you out, just been my goal for the past 7 months and you have set the bar even higher)

But Congragulations, im looking forward to seeing what you can get the car to do. Def has a 9 in it!

PS im another loyal STM customer. I just bought my cams etc. today from you. I talk to brian at least once a week. lol always need something else. Em if you are wondering who i am my names Tyler and I own a 06 RR RS, Brian knows who i am.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 06:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words guys!

Tyler, Any help you need feel free to give us a shout! We appreciate your support and will do what ever we can to help you reach your goals.

-Em
Old Oct 8, 2011, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

That's awesome. I always wondered if 132 trap would be enough. 9s is around the corner.
My little trick for loading the car at the lights didn't involve the ebrake. I wanted to try a line break for the rears. I never thought e brake would be enough to stop the car.
Very well done!! Not easy to be that precise on driving
Old Oct 8, 2011, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats to you guys again, you make it look sooo easy lol. We shuld have lana up & ready for the evo vs sti event next Saturday at E-town. We are going to retune the car on race e85 & also going to try to instal a staging brake... You guys definitely set the bar super high,but thats all the more reason to motivate each & every racer out their. I have a lot of work ahead of me, but thats part of the game. Congrats again & good luck on your quest for 9's. I honestly don't see that being a problem.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

em, Car weighs 2600 without driver?
Old Oct 8, 2011, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

yea what's the weight of the car?
Old Oct 8, 2011, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

That car has to be f'n light. Amazing driving too - using NLTS or just man-shifting? Would love to see pics of what is left of the interior...Congrats!
Old Oct 8, 2011, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EmeryatSTM
Thanks for all the kind words guys!

Tyler, Any help you need feel free to give us a shout! We appreciate your support and will do what ever we can to help you reach your goals.

-Em
Emery, Thanks for the help so far. Brian has spent a lot of time tossing ideas n suggestions around with me. Thank you for the advice on cam choice, i'm excited to see how they perform as im tuning the car myself. Ill be making a trip up this winter for a little work and put it on the dyno for fun! Looking forward to meeting you all!

Good luck reaching 9's with this car, i have no doubt will see a 9 sec time slip posted soon!
Old Oct 8, 2011, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
That car is liiiiiiiight.

Pure awesome. I look forward to some 9 second stock turbo passes lol.
Old Oct 8, 2011, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow! Amazed I am! Congrats!

Quick Reply: Quickest stock turbo Evo Ever!