Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Quickest stock turbo Evo Ever!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2011, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
F=Ma

Or solved for how Emery uses it...

a= F/M

maximize Force & minimize mass for the highest acceleration.

congrats on getting Physics
Old Oct 18, 2011, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats stm!
Old Oct 20, 2011, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats to STM! Extremely impressive, how much of the gain can be attributed to the turbo change?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by lillev23
I think its just because I saw Lana become a drag car that had so much money invested into it (buschur 2.0, driven intake, tubular rad support), but its record was broken by a car with a stock motor. Granted, I know there are some tricks to the trade to make these Evos fast, but STM took it to a whole different level on this one. If they were to run 9s on stock motor with a stock turbo, no record that preceded that would matter (in my personal opinion). Definitely not hating on STM, I think I'm just kinda blown away by what their Evo is doing with a stock motor. Congrats team STM!
Why are you so surprised? It has taken almost 3 years to beat Lana. As time passes by technology and experience progresses. STM did an amazing job and it was bound to happen when someone went out and committed to it. There is no doubt Lana could've went 9's on stock turbo. I didnt persue it because at the time 10.5 was the best stock turbo run by CB. Lana went out the first night and ran numerous 10.2s. If I wanted to fiddle with it longer and do more dialing in the 9's wouldve been inevitable as it will be for STM now. But I was anxious to move onto the big turbo and go FAST. Beating a car to death for a .10 or .20 wasnt what I wanted to do at the time and seemed pointless. Its not any kind of rocket science. It takes a good tuner, time, and dedication. I have heard the motor thing brought up many times. The car didnt make any special numbers. It was built to get ready for 50 psi. It made 468whp and I know bone stock evo's with stock cams that do that. My old blue car was one of them. So to say Lana was beaten with a stock motor is no surprise. We put it on the dyno made decent power and beat the existing current record by .3. Then we moved on. As for intake mani's its been proven over and over a stock ported Buschur is king as well. And my stock turbo runs were done with the stock ported btw. The Driven was added later As for weight, STM/Mark will attest there was quite a bit of weight on the table to be removed. Not too mention those runs were done with a fully certified car and all safety gear. Those drive shaft loops, engine diaper, cage etc take a huge toll in weight. Im not sure if STM's car was legal but I was definitely toting around alot f extra weight to make it legit and legal. Again I just didnt feel it was necessary to go any further than what was done at the time. As for investment, there wasnt any more money in that car than any other well built evo. People are just jealous it had the best parts and best people behind it Ive always said the best way to build an evo is keep it simple. My path was different because I wanted to shoot for 8's and the car was built for that and the stock turbo runs were a "one day only" stop for fun to make a point. STM is a great group of guys and Im super happy they were the ones to beat the record. My response is to the people trying take away from Lana's accomplishment 3 years ago in January and Im not taking away from STM. I know what it takes to make a stock turbo evo run this fast and it isnt easy. If it was everyone would be doing it. Keep up the great work STM. Im confident you guys will get it done.

Last edited by Most-Wanted; Oct 21, 2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice to see this since drag racing evos has been quiet