Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Rare Bugatti Veyron 1/4 mile footage!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2011, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evo9"Miss Rose"
#FACEPALM
im sorry i have a different opinion
Old Dec 31, 2011, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can anyone just enjoy the thread starter's post? Is about a person sharing about he spotted a rare exotic car and saw it on the drag stripe, not how you can spend money on evo and and beat it with less expense.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by J!n K@z@mA
Can anyone just enjoy the thread starter's post? Is about a person sharing about he spotted a rare exotic car and saw it on the drag stripe, not how you can spend money on evo and and beat it with less expense.
its a forum. every post is subject to debate. its an awesome car and i love the blue lol but its still fun to argue over these kinds of things.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

amazing video!

and with this video we can confirm that the Veyron Supersport (the more powerful and lighter version) is a 9 second car from the factory!!!

Amazing piece of machinery!
Old Jan 8, 2012, 03:15 PM

Damn !!
Old Jan 8, 2012, 03:19 PM

Gotta love an EVO forum. Guys are so brand loyal they think an EVO is better than ANYTHING out there. What a joke !
Old Jan 8, 2012, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2003evo8
what does one of those cost about a million dollars, not worth a 10 sec run,,, a evo 33000 plus 15000 in parts and labor = same times, just my 2 cents
AWESOME VID, AWESOME CAR! Of course you could make an Evo faster with ease in all race situations...But you don't buy this car just to race it you buy it because you can and because you are a badas$ ***** fuc*ker! There isnt anything like the prestige of a Bugatti Veyron ....That being said, its not a racecar its the highest end of luxury car that includes lots and lots of power with it also
Old Jan 8, 2012, 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

I disagree, it's a race car with luxury options. This car was meant to be played with and go out and do work.

Nice to see it in action, very rare.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 08:48 PM

that is a beautiful car
Old Feb 13, 2012, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice, try smoking this in a 2mile race, or picking up some hoes in time square. Lets see who will be taking them home an evo or this lol, nice car
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

i just dont like the way that Veyron looks, but thats my opinon. If i had the money i would go Lexus LFA all the way, much better looking car and has plenty of power, and all the luxury you need and its just as rare if not more rare then a veyron At less then half the price.

Last edited by blowngasket; Feb 13, 2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

There is some serious ignorance in this thread.

16 cylinders to make 1000+hp does not seem that impressive, but this car is extremely tame; the engine is not even being close to maxed, I would easily bet this engine is capable of well over 2000hp. I mean a TT Gallardo can put out 1900whp, so I would think a 16 cylinder with 4 turbos should be able to put out quite a bit more. I'd really like to see any pump gas 1000hp Evo, because they don't exist.

This car was never even designed for the 1/4 mile, how many Evo's do you know that can go 253mph, yet alone 180mph. Even going 10@140mph is not easy for an Evo, that takes alot of work and great driving, and it is most likely done on race gas/e85, and drag radials, and at that point it likely has a giant laggy turbo, and is no longer a practical road car.

Also anyone who says "oh for 15k I can go that fast yo" is an idiot. First, no you can't, second who cares if your Evo is this fast through the 1/4 mile, its really stupid to try and compare these cars. It is similar to me saying I'm gonna put a twin turbo LS3 on a lawn tractor and and smoke an Evo running in the 10s. Both equally stupid logic.

Not hating on the Evo at all, I love mine. Just some people have no idea.

Last edited by HAHAV8; Feb 15, 2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

sick
Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WickedWhiteRA
Gotta love an EVO forum. Guys are so brand loyal they think an EVO is better than ANYTHING out there. What a joke !
who the f*ck are you?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Teal2nnr
Whats impressive is that this car does what it does (performance wise) and the motor is tested to last well over 200,000 km (as seen in the video were they're assembling the motor) will your 1000 hp evo last that long??? no.....no it won't, could you cruise at 170mph like its nothing in your evo??....no....no indeed you cant.

This motor makes 1000hp in stock form...1000.....its been said that the engine is capable of HUGE amounts of power, but cooling the engine becomes a problem.

To say that this is "Not very impressive" is ignorant. Is it a status symbol?? sure it is, just like any lambo or Ferrari. Pretty much any Civic with a decent turbo set up can give a Ferrari’ a run for its money in a straight line. Is the Civic in the same league as far as track performance or as cool as a Ferrari??....well I certainly don’t think so.
Best post so far. The level of ignorance is staggering in so many posts here. For starters, the jacks that say "you can put 'X' dollars into 'X' car, & beat 'X' car in a drag race..." Just plain childish logic. What you're creating is an ideal situation in which one car beats out another simply on the fact that it was created to win in that said specific situation. Outside of that situation, it would be a miserable loss. For all the chaps here with 10 sec. Evo's, there are Civic's running faster than you for less money. The problem is, a drag built Civic (or any economy drag car) with a setup required to pull 9's will be in over its head when it hits the first turn. Again, purpose built design becomes a hinderance. There are also stop lights, rush hour traffic, potholes, sensitive kidneys, & wives to please out in the real world. For the super cars (like the Veyron) to be able to deliver the level of performance in all the various conditions one could encounter, plus RELIABILITY & LONGEVITY, their performance level is nothing short of impressive!

Don't hate! Admit it, everything about the car is top-drawer!

Oh, & those 'street tires' are purpose-built Michelins that cost a measly $20,000.

Quick Reply: Rare Bugatti Veyron 1/4 mile footage!