Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

My evo X gsr time on par or too slow?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My evo X gsr time on par or too slow?

Car is still on stock clutch and trans so I wanted to just get a decent baseline of where she sat before it gets to hot out here in Texas. The car may be making a slight more power as it was dynoed on 107degree day but not sure what time as I didnt originally own it then. Im thinking maybe with a better 60ft she can pull a 12.6? I really didnt wanna beat on it too much and make it home . Car has cobb stage 2 plus normal bolt ons.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:22 PM

looks good IMO. yes, with a better 60, you could pull mid 12's. Since your just bolt ons, the best you could hope for is low 12's so considering your a little off and in texas where its not and higher elevation I would say your #'s are pretty good.

As long as your having fun driving it, thats what really matters
Old Feb 28, 2012, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Xenozx
looks good IMO. yes, with a better 60, you could pull mid 12's. Since your just bolt ons, the best you could hope for is low 12's so considering your a little off and in texas where its not and higher elevation I would say your #'s are pretty good.

As long as your having fun driving it, thats what really matters
Thanks, im not a novice driver, owned about 7 different manual cars, this is my first awd. One of my problems is getting staged properly as sometimes the stock 2 step would disengage as it was taking the light to long.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Well doesn't really matter on how many cars, he is write though you got a much better 60 foot in that car. Low 12's are right. With bolts ons and all wheel drive it just comes to 60 foots and shifting. No lift shifts on these cars are considered Puerto Rican boost LOL.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by EVOB23
Well doesn't really matter on how many cars, he is write though you got a much better 60 foot in that car. Low 12's are right. With bolts ons and all wheel drive it just comes to 60 foots and shifting. No lift shifts on these cars are considered Puerto Rican boost LOL.
I was unaware the evo came with a no lift shift? I thought usually most cars ecus caused it to run slower when done unless its a cobalt haha.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 02:28 PM

Oh and the car weighed 3730 with me in it so I'm really starting to doubt any possible low 12s.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ApexSilverBeast
I was unaware the evo came with a no lift shift? I thought usually most cars ecus caused it to run slower when done unless its a cobalt haha.
No-lift shifting was a thing long before computer controlled throttle bodies. It's just shifting without lifting your right foot. You need to move very quickly and very forcefully. It's somewhat destructive, but it's usually good for a couple tenths. Aside from that, the trap speed suggest there's some time left to find. I've seen much worse though.