Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Traction Bars & Sway Bars ... help off the line?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2012, 01:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Traction Bars & Sway Bars ... help off the line?

I've searched high and low but I can't see to find anything about traction bars for the Evo. The only thing that comes up are sway bars. I've never owned any, but for my current car, I almost bought a traction bar for it to help my tires not spin so much when I drag, but ultimately I just decided not to because my current car isn't all that fast to begin with.

But for the Evo (especially the 9 & X), do they even make traction bars? I know the AWD already gets really good traction off the line but I figure putting on a set of traction bars would only add to the great off the line grabbing power. Is it possible (or advisable) to add traction bars to both the front and rear wheels, or to just one or the other?

What about Sway Bars? I know those help a lot for hard cornering, but do they help at all with traction off the line during drag racing? And for the Sways, is it better to just have them on either/or the front and back? Or on both simultaniously?

Or.... is it possible to have on both traction and sway bars on both the front and rear wheels at the same time?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i would suggest motor mounts and rear diff mounts...as for traction bars, thats seen mostly in fwd cars