Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

MrBoost Evo sets new personal best at the Buschur Shootout! Story/ Pics/Video inside!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MrBoost Evo sets new personal best at the Buschur Shootout! Story/ Pics/Video inside!

It sure was challenging getting the car ready for this years 21st annual Buschur Shootout. After the spinout at the Chicago Wannagofast 1/2mile event there was a fair amount of work needed to be done to get the car ready for the Shootout. After sourcing new body panels and some other mechanical odds and ends the car was ready for paint. Zolpers Auto Restoration was kind enough to partially sponsor the new full paintjob. All that needed painted was the new front bumper sideskirts and fenders. With the previous paintwork they did not want to mix quality with crap so a full repaint was discussed.

I was (and still am) blown away at how pristine the paint came out! I can finally be proud about showing off the car! I was over at Zolpers quite frequently afterward helping them assemble the car after paint. With only 5 days left before the shootout everything was a race against time. We managed to finish putting the car back together Sunday and I took it home to finish her up. We were on a tight schedule planning to leave Friday for the shootout.

Paint pics: Arriving

I had some close friends come over and help with some final touches the car needed before she was off to Boostin. Monday night mrboost was loaded up and headed over to Boostin Performance to overlook the car and tune. In no time it was ready to rock the rollers! With Devin behind the labtop overlooking and tweaking the tune we were ready to make some serious power. The little 6466 squeezed out 851/632 on Boostins Mustang dyno!

Things were finally falling into place and I could tell after two past year attempts the car was going to make it to the shootout. We loaded up Friday afternoon me the girlfriend and some close friends and headed out.

Arriving..Even tho casa wasent that good this year we still made the best of it.

Later that night we meetup with everyone at the bestwest. Threw a couple brews back and relaxed awaiting raceday. Saturday came about and I was itching to make some passes! With the car being down for 3 months and the 180mph spinout I was a little nervous to get back behind the wheel of this monster. After brushing off the dust I was completely comfortable with the car again.

First pass 9.87@161
.3...10387.18737.0.19168.14.13.1.0.0.0.412.1413.0j6j1j0j1.8.0....0...1ac.1.23.youtube-reduced..14.0.0.uDyVXNszzZ0
Qualifying run 9.45@155
.3...10387.18737.0.19168.14.13.1.0.0.0.412.1413.0j6j1j0j1.8.0....0...1ac.1.23.youtube-reduced..14.0.0.uDyVXNszzZ0
Best pass and new personal best ET 9.26@150!! My mph was down due to the car breaking up mid 3rd and all of fourth gear. After Devin overlooked the logs we confirmed that it was spark breakup and changed the plugs. Car ran smooth as silk but wasn't able to better my ET.

Sunday morning I also had a opportunity to shoot with Dsport magazine! We spoke awhile back at the IDRC event and scheduled it for the shootout. They still have a few other evos to feature such as Wheatley/StreetThisEvo so stay tuned! Here is a little teaser shot!

Here are some pics from the Shootout

I ended up getting two buy runs during eliminations for qualifying well. On my first actual elimination run I jumped the protree left on yellow causing a redlight and being eliminated. I was pretty upset about it but I managed to make it to the shootout and make a new personal best so I was happy.

Overall I had a blast the entire weekend! I am looking forward to next years event allready.

None of this would be possible without my friends that have helped and supported me. Also Boostin Performance for their nonstop dedication helping customers reach their goals! They have went above and beyond and I cannot thank them enough.

Already getting the itch to hit the track again. Knowing that the car was capable of going quicker I plan on going back in a few weeks. This was all posted in my phone so if its setup poorly my bad -Jason

Last edited by AngryEvo8; Aug 27, 2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Congrats again sir, I really like the last pic, from FIC, with the flames!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats Jason on setting your new PB last weekend! And no better place to do it then at the Shootout. Your are determined man, having very little time to get the car done for the Shootout and it was there ready and in style. Mr. Boost is looking better then ever. Can't wait for the next track day
Old Aug 27, 2013, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
Thanks bud FIC got great shots of a lot of cars there that weekend!

Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Congrats Jason on setting your new PB last weekend! And no better place to do it then at the Shootout. Your are determined man, having very little time to get the car done for the Shootout and it was there ready and in style. Mr. Boost is looking better then ever. Can't wait for the next track day
I blame you for the shear determination to keep going faster and completing the car

Also I'm working on the video links. If they don't pull up checkout my youtube page here to see the passes. http://m.youtube.com/results?q=angryevo8&oq=&gs_l=
Note to self never make long posts on your phone!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
^That

I'm in love with this car, it's the perfect Evo IMO, and I absolutely love what you did with the rear bumper, subtle
Old Aug 27, 2013, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

On the 9.26 pass the car was logged at 44psi. The tune was set to 48psi making 851. Excited to see what she'll do on full tilt! Making a few changes then headed back to the track soon.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car looks great! That's some serious power you are making on a 6466!

I can't imagine what it would be like to spin out at 180. A few months ago my was driving her Evo, some jackass cut her off, and she ended up spinning 1 or 2 times. I think she was going about 80 (far cry from 180). As crazy as this may sound, I have yet to spin out in any vehicle, but would be interested in doing so in a closed environment just to get the experience. I know...crazy. Did your Evo roll at 180?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Congrats bud!! Nice to see it all finally come together for you!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 02:34 PM

inspirational story, congrats for your Pb and beautiful car man! how do you guys hold that air dam?
Old Aug 27, 2013, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by XSilverJ
^That

I'm in love with this car, it's the perfect Evo IMO, and I absolutely love what you did with the rear bumper, subtle
I wanted a powerful street friendly evo that I could appreciate driving everyday if need be.. this is what I came up with. Thank you, its a little AngryAero touch to help release some of the air that pockets in the rear of the car.

Originally Posted by 1QYK9
Car looks great! That's some serious power you are making on a 6466!

I can't imagine what it would be like to spin out at 180. A few months ago my was driving her Evo, some jackass cut her off, and she ended up spinning 1 or 2 times. I think she was going about 80 (far cry from 180). As crazy as this may sound, I have yet to spin out in any vehicle, but would be interested in doing so in a closed environment just to get the experience. I know...crazy. Did your Evo roll at 180?
It was pretty insane there is nothing you can really do except hold on. I was lucky enough that it stayed planted, went a little airborn but stayed up right.

Originally Posted by Ian0611
Congrats bud!! Nice to see it all finally come together for you!
Thanks feels good to be back at it!

Originally Posted by nadevo
inspirational story, congrats for your Pb and beautiful car man! how do you guys hold that air dam?
Thank you! I hope this helps inspire people to finish whatever builds they have going on because its all worth it in the end. The lip I made is held on with brackets on the backside of the bumper.

Last edited by AngryEvo8; Aug 27, 2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 09:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
We're honored to be a part of your build Jason, and we're glad to see the transformation of Mr Boost from only a few short months ago at the 1/2 Mile event. She's come a long way in that short time, and your dedication and determination shows. She was looking sexy as ever at the Shootout!!

Looking forward to getting that copy of DSport soon

Last edited by Boostin Perform; Aug 28, 2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boostin Perform
We're honored to be a part of your build Jason, and we're glad to see the transformation of Mr Boost from only a few short months ago at the 1/2 Mile event. She's come a long way in that short time, and your dedication and determination shows. She was looking sexy as ever at the Shootout!!

Looking forward to getting that copy of DSport soon
Thanks guys! None of this would be possible without your help

Here are a few GoPro videos from the event.

Very anxious for the next visit to the track
Old Sep 1, 2013, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Dang congrats! I hpe to have my evo at about half this power for 11s congrats! Seriously impressive!
Old Sep 1, 2013, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats , car is looking better than ever .
Old Sep 1, 2013, 11:02 PM
Evolving Member

great passes

Quick Reply: MrBoost Evo sets new personal best at the Buschur Shootout! Story/ Pics/Video inside!