Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

California Speedway

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2004, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi2ptzero, I got one more run in but couldn't match your best time. I was sovereign/superior for about a 1/2 hour as my 12.408 bested your 12.409. It was amazing as you did a 1.780 60ft and I did a 1.779 and that held up exactly through the 1/4 mile. I needed that low 1.7 to get a 12.3 or better but 1.8s kept me in the 12.4 range. BTW i need alot of crack to make up the handicap that exists between me and you. I weigh about 245-250 and you weigh about as much as my floor-mates in the Evo. You make Smog look like John Candy. BTW everybody this guy can drive his aasss off and he even improved the time on the Audi he drove. Just think what he can do with a lil more practice in Smogs car. And I thought Smog could drive his AASSSs off.
Old May 30, 2004, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

G20 reaction times do not affect Ets. Your 60ft is better than I have ever done in my 40+ runs so congrats on your launching skills. I think my best to date is 1.779 or in that range. I do launch with keeping the drivetrain intact. A more aggressive launch scares me and not worth the extra abuse the twin disc can inflict on my transfercase. Come out to Ghettosbad with a lil gas and I usually carry 5 gallons of 100 oct to the track with some 110 leaded to give me a margin of safety. Probably do not need it but it seems to make my car run more efficient at the track. I can hook you up if needed. Also mid 12s is very likely for your car at Ghettosbad as if you can hook up your time will be 2-3/10s better due to the environmental conditions, weather,elevation, wind direction and the ability to run when you want to is nice. Good to meet you and hope to hang out again soon.
Old May 30, 2004, 06:35 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
IE Evo, I'm looking forward for the hang out next time at Carlsbad too. I'll try to find 100 oct gas to bring along with less gas in tank than this time. Surprisingly, I did a lot of launchs on the street practicing but my clutch still holding fine as contrary to lot of problems mentioned about it. I have over 17k on it with lot of launchs but it's still holding fine. However, it started smell funny lately sometimes when I rev it up standing still.
Old May 30, 2004, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Great job guys... you make me proud... sniff sniff

shiv
Old May 30, 2004, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Thanx Shiv. I guess with all this promoting me and Smog are doing our turbo upgrade will be on the house. Sounds fair to me.
Old May 30, 2004, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
IE EVO, I am pretty sure it was you I spoke to about 3 to 4 weeks ago at Carlsbad, you were the Yellow Evo that was running that day. I was very impressed on how your car was running. That next Monday I traded in my 3.5 Altima for my new Apex Silver Evo. I mabe contacting Vishnu on one of their Stage 1 upgrades in the near future. I'm very interested in running as fast as I can on 91 pump gas. Anyway, I'm glad you guys got to run at least 3 runs on Saturday.
Old May 30, 2004, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I have met alot of friendly people at Carlsbad and I believe my car on that day was a lil sluggish that week. Was that the week my friends red Viper was there. I did no prep that week and my car was in need of a tune-up. I was down there to get him some experience dragging the Viper. I believe I did do a 12.4 on a perfect run that would of been 12.2 if my car was not so weak that week. BTW Mitsu should hook me up for all the test rides I have given to potential customers. After I take most people for test rides in the Stage 1+ Evo people are like man I am sold. I can't wait to get one of these when I finish college or when i save up for a down payment or was thinking Sti or Srt-4 but know I want an Evo. etc etc.
Old May 31, 2004, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
Great job guys... you make me proud... sniff sniff

shiv
Can't wait to get a crack at carlsad with smogs car to see if we can hit the 11.99 mark. Would love to drive any of your other tuned cars if given a chance or even any tuned AWD car if anyone will let me.
Old May 31, 2004, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

No crack for you Audi man you are already too skinny. Oh you said a crack at Cbad with T-dogs car. BTW It is windy today you need to stay indoors. Just joking. If Smog can bag on my fatness I can bag on your petitness. We are polar opposites and Smog is somewhere in between. OUT!