Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Turbotrix Evo => 9.95 @ 143mph

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2004, 03:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ACTman
Oh, and ACT single disc race clutch, right?? I can't believe you left that out! Not to brag, but... OK, OK, that's what I am doing.

Congrats guys, you have earned it.
Dirk from ACT has always supplied us with kick *** clutches for our drag cars. He made me clutches for my 91 when nothing else on the market would hold the power and I've been using his products ever since. I had one of the prototypes in my street EVO and it was great but had my doubts about it holding the power in the race car. He proved me wrong again. Thanks Dirk!

-Jeff
Old Jun 15, 2004, 04:00 AM

Geez, I have a million questions for you Mark! Oh well, here's a random one: How streetable is that clutch? How drivable for a daily driver?
Also, for anyone on this board...how in the heck can I see these videos?!?!?!? I neeeeeed to see these pleeeeese (downloaded the Divx player and everytime i try to download the vids, the 'puter tries to open them in quicktime player and I hear everything but can't see squat!!! Heeeeelp! Thanks...sorry for being a 'puter dunce on this and ranting off topic but I really want to see these. (tried selecting "open with" but the files are saved as "explorer" pages and won't open with the divx player)
Old Jun 15, 2004, 04:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MyCre8n=Evlshn
Geez, I have a million questions for you Mark! Oh well, here's a random one: How streetable is that clutch? How drivable for a daily driver?
Also, for anyone on this board...how in the heck can I see these videos?!?!?!? I neeeeeed to see these pleeeeese (downloaded the Divx player and everytime i try to download the vids, the 'puter tries to open them in quicktime player and I hear everything but can't see squat!!! Heeeeelp! Thanks...sorry for being a 'puter dunce on this and ranting off topic but I really want to see these. (tried selecting "open with" but the files are saved as "explorer" pages and won't open with the divx player)
Right click on the vid and then go to open with and pick a program to run it...

Great job guys that car is gorgeous and fast as hell!!!!
Old Jun 15, 2004, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

where's the video??
Old Jun 15, 2004, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Is it just me or did you take out the wipers ???
Old Jun 15, 2004, 04:48 PM

Yes, they took their wipers off just for Nitros Perge. I saw it with my two eyes in person. So no doubts plz

-Yongmin kim
Old Jun 15, 2004, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Dont need wipers for the drag strip The purge looks badass !!!!!
Old Jun 15, 2004, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Fantastic Mark!!

shiv
Old Jun 15, 2004, 06:24 PM

Awesome videos!
Old Jun 16, 2004, 01:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kuniboy
where's the video??
Page 4 in this thread
Old Jun 16, 2004, 11:33 PM

Quick question.. are you still on the stock transmission/gears?
Old Jun 17, 2004, 05:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Big Turkey
Quick question.. are you still on the stock transmission/gears?

Yes .. We are running our lsd insert ..

mark
turbotrix
Old Jun 17, 2004, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

grats guys, i've wanted to see a video for a long time
Old Jun 17, 2004, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
yes the car qualifies for a street car as that is what it competes in.

9.95 slow ... considering that 11.1 is the closest time to ours ... i wont comment on that ...

Ohh and btw the IDRC street class winner went 10.1 ... a bit slower then 9.95 eh

Mark
Turbotrix
Has this car competed in any events this year? If not will you be competing at atco this weekend 6-19/6-20-04 or at any of the remaining east coast events this year? test N tune runs are cool and your car is impressive.

However if its a street tire class car and your commenting on what other cars have done in those classes. Its only fair that you guys come out and try to make the show. show up at a nhra event or a nopi event and show the ESX WRX what up if you can that is Again congrats on the 9.9 that thing is amazing on so many different levels.
Old Jun 17, 2004, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Air Assult
Has this car competed in any events this year? If not will you be competing at atco this weekend 6-19/6-20-04 or at any of the remaining east coast events this year? test N tune runs are cool and your car is impressive.

However if its a street tire class car and your commenting on what other cars have done in those classes. Its only fair that you guys come out and try to make the show. show up at a nhra event or a nopi event and show the ESX WRX what up if you can that is Again congrats on the 9.9 that thing is amazing on so many different levels.

Well unfortunately, Ali and ESX doesn't compete in the PRO Street Tire class, for some unknown reason, they run the amateur street class, Sport FWD and Turbo 4. Though if he runs at IDRC this weekend he'll have to run Street Tire as they got rid of the Pro AM AWD/RWD class.

So far this season Ali has gotten his but wipped by Brian Ballard and Jason Hunt in there honda's... Except one event where Ali's car ran the best it ever ran, but now it's back to being broke. I'd expect more with the budget they have.

Quick Reply: Turbotrix Evo => 9.95 @ 143mph