Notices
Drag Racing Find out the best way to launch and see what kind of times other people are posting. No posting of street racing related stories!

Turbotrix Evo => 9.95 @ 143mph

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2004, 03:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Air Assult
Has this car competed in any events this year? If not will you be competing at atco this weekend 6-19/6-20-04 or at any of the remaining east coast events this year? test N tune runs are cool and your car is impressive.

However if its a street tire class car and your commenting on what other cars have done in those classes. Its only fair that you guys come out and try to make the show. show up at a nhra event or a nopi event and show the ESX WRX what up if you can that is Again congrats on the 9.9 that thing is amazing on so many different levels.
Let me start by congratulating the TTrix team on their recent times, they got so fast so quick the congratulations can't keep up!! Keith has done great things on the fabrication, Mark has come through on his tuneup, and Jeff Has piloted the machine with great accuracy (He did actually work on it too!). Good team Synergy.

The street classes are rough, you have quite a few cars out there that run well
Shepherd doesn't run IDRC anymore so if you go on a good day with a fast reliable car you can do well. I won the last IDRC street class at Md (10.02 Supra was the #2 Qualifier).
If Darryl Hudson, 9.5@149, or a Jesus Rivera 9.3@150+, or a Kevin Lawson 8.7@150 show up a 10.0@142 car stands no chance of winning.

Nopi pro street tire is also an option, Shepherd runs 8.9-9.1@160MPH in street tire trim (1991 Eagle talon), and a bunch of low 9 sec supras (Titan goes 8.6@165, Battleground etc) hard to win that with a 9.8-10.0 car against these big budget shop backed cars, to Date Shepherd is the only one man operation capable of doing it.

Nopi also has turbo4, dominated by Brian Ballard and Jason hunt, they run 9.5@150 to 9.9@150 depending on traction.

Then you have the sport Rwd class which has alot of rules geared towards making the cars somewhat real street cars ( They make the weight limits high), Ali Afshar has run 9.4@148 in his Subaru WRX (Subaru sponsored I hear the budget is $2M a year) and pretty much dominates that class over here unless his car breaks.

Honestly Street tire classes are funny, you choose your weapon and skirt the rules, most of these cars have no heat, no wipers, no sway bars, no powersteering, supras have GM 2 speed trannies in some cases, make no mistake most of these cars aren't true street cars, they are just built to skirt the rules.

As was Illustrated last weekend at import survival series, the fastest cars don't always win, 3 fastest cars were eliminated, TTrix evo, Myself and Alex, leaving Keith Loforte (Of Turbotrix) as the WINNER of the AWD CLass. Congrats bean!

Keepin it real,

Sean

Last edited by Sean I; Jun 17, 2004 at 05:44 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2004, 03:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dontecolepepper
Mark awsome tunning,Jeff sick driving,watch out for their secret wepon he will only make an apperance to ****** your girl up while your eyes are on that evo ripping down the track.Hail to the PIMP(KEITH)

Good Lord how did they know!!!

What comes after 19?

Sean
Old Jun 17, 2004, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean I
Let me start by congratulating the TTrix team on their recent times, they got so fast so quick the congratulations can't keep up!! Keith has done great things on the fabrication, Mark has come through on his tuneup, and Jeff Has piloted the machine with great accuracy (He did actually work on it too!). Good team Synergy.

The street classes are rough, you have quite a few cars out there that run well
Shepherd doesn't run IDRC anymore so if you go on a good day with a fast reliable car you can do well. I won the last IDRC street class at Md (10.02 Supra was the #2 Qualifier).
If Darryl Hudson, 9.5@149, or a Jesus Rivera 9.3@150+, or a Kevin Lawson 8.7@150 show up a 10.0@142 car stands no chance of winning.

Nopi pro street tire is also an option, Shepherd runs 8.9-9.1@160MPH in street tire trim (1991 Eagle talon), and a bunch of low 9 sec supras (Titan goes 8.6@165, Battleground etc) hard to win that with a 9.8-10.0 car against these big budget shop backed cars, to Date Shepherd is the only one man operation capable of doing it.

Nopi also has turbo4, dominated by Brian Ballard and Jason hunt, they run 9.5@150 to 9.9@150 depending on traction.

Then you have the sport Rwd class which has alot of rules geared towards making the cars somewhat real street cars ( They make the weight limits high), Ali Afshar has run 9.4@148 in his Subaru WRX (Subaru sponsored I hear the budget is $2M a year) and pretty much dominates that class over here unless his car breaks.

Honestly Street tire classes are funny, you choose your weapon and skirt the rules, most of these cars have no heat, no sway bars, no powersteering, supras have GM 2 speed trannies in some cases, make no mistake most of these cars aren't true street cars, they are just built to skirt the rules.

As was Illustrated last weekend at import survival series, the fastest cars don't always win, 3 fastest cars were eliminated, TTrix evo, Myself and Alex, leaving Keith Loforte (Of Turbotrix) as the WINNER of the AWD CLass. Congrats bean!

Keepin it real,

Sean
Well, said Sean, I think we both know your bird has a bit more then the *consistant* low tens you put down event after event. For those who have never seen Seans talon run in competition. Its an amazing car to watch run down the track he runs ten flats effortlessly.

You tend to forget how difficult it is to put those kinds of numbers on the board consistently. Also thanks again for the VPC its still working like clock work and the 720 chip came in real handy with the new setup.

good luck at atco this weekend
Old Jun 20, 2004, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

congrats guys, an awesome time
Old Jun 21, 2004, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

very nice time. and on a stock transmition???? thats good. how much power you putting down (please, an estimate would do)????

thanks Chris.
Old Jun 21, 2004, 07:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by chuntington101
very nice time. and on a stock transmition???? thats good. how much power you putting down (please, an estimate would do)????

thanks Chris.

Just over 600 , and yes stock trans .. However we did rebuild it ..

mark
turbotrix
Old Jun 21, 2004, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

How are you guys dropping the clutch?
Old Jun 21, 2004, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
all i have to say, Thats mad, sick..... nuts!!!!!!!
Old Jun 22, 2004, 06:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 559EVO
How are you guys dropping the clutch?

Jeff slips the clutch coming out.. We are running an ACT..

Mark
Turbotrix
Old Jun 22, 2004, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

maybe you guys could put some in car video? so i could get properly "schooled" on how to drag...i'd like to see the foot work myself, because i suck at dragging, my best 60' has been 1.62
Old Jun 23, 2004, 01:06 PM

Mark (Turbotrix), are u guys using both a FMIC and a chargecooler ?

Thanx,

Carlos H.
Old Jun 24, 2004, 01:09 AM
Evolved Member

i have seen some pics and they are using a charge cooler and intercooler. seems a good setup. any info on the chargecooler you use? what where in reduction in inlet temps? did you rig it up with a pump or just fill it full of ice?

also what was the inter cooler you are using? the turbo is swung aroud 180 i asume to simplify the track!

thanks Chris.
Old Jun 24, 2004, 01:20 PM
Former Sponsor

The only reason we are using a liquid to air , is because we are using a 1g dsm exhaust mainfold. This pushes the turbo out to far to fit a radiator. So we took a used radiator from the bullish team.. ( the solaras ) put that in where a front mount would go. We decided to use the liquid to air only because we couldnt put a fmic in the front. Im not sold on it, we are getting inlet temps upwards of 170 degrees at the top of 4th.. On the line ..temps are around 40degrees... Amazing in 9.9 seconds .. how much temps go up. We are working on the prob, and you will see the car soon with a diff setup..

Mark
Turbotrix
Old Jun 25, 2004, 02:08 AM
Evolved Member

sorry mate thought you ran both! now that would be one cool (pardon the pun) set up! have you seen RC's intercooler set up? they have swung the turbo aroud like you have. they get a HUGE intercooler in there but it is one tight fit!

got any details on the chrage cooler? would be nice to see if you get any advantages running both!
Old Jun 25, 2004, 04:31 AM
Evolving Member

Wow congrats on the time.Your car looks fantastic!!!
I know how much effort goes into getting those kind of results.Here in oz we are only getting a batch of 100 evo 8's so i cant see anyone going nuts with one here.We have finaly got some classes for sports compact that are very similar to the nhra series.One event has been run(Sydney Jamboree)with great results(I ended up winning the Sport RWD Class).

Quick Reply: Turbotrix Evo => 9.95 @ 143mph